Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vermont v. Lowell : at least one of us has a real animal as a mascot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gainzo View Post
    Don't know about you but I cant listen to words somebody types. Do you some magical powers that the acid, weed & mushrooms gave you up at UVM?
    I don't know about jcarter but I went there for the hot chicks from boston and the NYC area. Throw in a few cuties from shelburne and all is good.

Comment

Re: Vermont v. Lowell : at least one of us has a real animal as a mascot.

Originally posted by Kdaddy1968 View Post
      I don't know about jcarter but I went there for the hot chicks from boston and the NYC area. Throw in a few cuties from shelburne and all is good.
      When I went up to UVM, in the early '90's, to visit a high school friend of mine the place was full of rich NY kids. As a guy who had to work to pay tuition at Lowell those guys ticked me off!

The ladies were always nice

Enough of the lovefest: Is UVM bringing their terrible band down to Boston?
      Let's go Lowell.

Comment

When I went up to UVM, in the early '90's, to visit a high school friend of mine the place was full of rich NY kids. As a guy who had to work to pay tuition at Lowell those guys ticked me off!

The ladies were always nice

Enough of the lovefest: Is UVM bringing their terrible band down to Boston?
        Yeah I had to work my way through as well. As for the band that's why we smoked

Comment

Yale says GO UVM
          YALE HOCKEY
          2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
            Yale says GO UVM
            This is a State School thread. Private schools aren't welcome
            Let's go Lowell.

Comment

This is a State School thread. Private schools aren't welcome
              Graduate of the New Haven Fire Academy, which worked out to a 32 year career, my only cred! No gown here, although we did protect the Yalies.
              YALE HOCKEY
              2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                Yale says GO UVM
                RPI says GO UVM, despite their coach being a Cantab. (Although I have a world of regard for Jerry from Lowell.)

Comment

I think the trash talking is starting to die down, so maybe we can re-ignite with predictions. Close game? Blowout? Low or high scoring?
                  My prediction: UML will take this one 5-2.
                  University of Lowell, 1987

Comment

Close game, maybe OT. Yes, I'm picking Lowell.

If I'm wrong about anything, I hope it's the first part and not the second part.
                    Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                    Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                    "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                    KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Doubt it's anything but a close game. The last two years in 7 games, outside of the 4-1 win, every game between these two teams has been either 1 goal or tied.
                      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

I'm thinking a 3-1 UML win, with the third goal being an Empty net.
                        I'd probably be a lot less stressed if I wasn't a hockey fan, but where's the fun in that?

Comment

Originally posted by CleggyofUML View Post
                          I'm thinking a 3-1 UML win, with the third goal being an Empty net.
                          I'm going to reverse this... 3-1 UVM with an empty netter, but hey you never know... Hoffman may pitch another shut out.
                          Originally posted by Hokydad
                          Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Don't know about you but I cant listen to words somebody types. Do you some magical powers that the acid, weed & mushrooms gave you up at UVM?
                            Me neither, you'd have to read the previous threads to understand.... I suppose I could have multi-quoted it for you Lowell fans but what fun would that be?
                            Originally posted by Hokydad
                            Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

I think it'll be a close, tightly-played defensive game for the most part, with UVM winning 3-1.

Comment

Not sure about the outcome of tomorrow's game but I don't want to see the bloke who sat in front of me at the Tsongas a few weeks ago.

Probably in his mid 20's. He looked like the lead singer of the Spin Doctors (remember that band?). Not a fully grown beard? Yes. UVM beanie? Yes. UVM jersey? Yes. Wearing a UVM flag as a cape? Of course.
                                Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Working...
                                X