This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats TD Garden and Beyond 2015

Gotta convert more than once on 30 SOG against an average goalie.

Comment

They just can't get to second chances - at least 6-8 occasions where UNH was just a moment late to a rebound - or unable to get solid wood on a rebound - with lots of net open...
      Live Free or Die!!
      Miami University '03

Comment

I think that Umile's remaining five D-men have been gassed since midway through the third.

Comment

Nothing to be ashamed of either tonight or for the season as a whole.

I have Tirone of the player of the game, and he played a key role in salvaging the second half of the season for us as well. Thanks for showing up with no advance notice. It'll be great having you back.

I'll end it with my 9,000th. Wishing everyone here a great summer!

Comment

Great last half of the season , next year folks , the year of the cat . BTW that other announcer with TC on NESN what a blow hard . Never seen such favoritism in all my life . UNH had better chances , hit the pipe twice . BU does have more talent but UNH definitely out hustled them I commend them for not backing down .

Comment

Proud of our 'Cats!!! Count down to October begins!! ☺️
              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                Proud of our 'Cats!!! Count down to October begins!! ☺️
                Good catching up during intermissions, Ref.

Also, you are correct, PC is not a lock, as the Friars are out if the Wolverines beat the Gophers tomorrow.

The game really was a lot closer than the score on Friday night, well worth the investment of my money and time. Our team left it all on the ice, which is all that I can ask.

Looking forward to next season.
                Last edited by Snively65; 03-20-2015, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Don't know if you guys saw, Tirone's save at the end of the 1st made the Sportscenter Top 10 tonight. Great effort from him tonight, he and the rest of your team played really well. You have a lot to look forward to next season. That was some of the best forechecking we've seen all year and you did as good as anyone has at stopping our first line. Their four points are really not representative of how much they were taken out of the game for 50+ minutes.
                  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Congrats on a great second half and making BU look very pedestrian for most of the game last night. The first period was the worst I've seen BU look in a long time. Your goalie was immense.

And, yeah, as a BU fan, even I was getting tired of the BU love on the broadcast.
                    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                      Don't know if you guys saw, Tirone's save at the end of the 1st made the Sportscenter Top 10 tonight. Great effort from him tonight, he and the rest of your team played really well. You have a lot to look forward to next season. That was some of the best forechecking we've seen all year and you did as good as anyone has at stopping our first line. Their four points are really not representative of how much they were taken out of the game for 50+ minutes.
                      Thanks for the kind words and how cool is that for our DT!! Good luck the rest of the way....Yep it was quite the season. When the dust settles this season will be remembered as one the most challenging the 'Cats have had in recent memory... Responding to all of the adversity that hit from the get go with an amazing finish that I don't think any of us here expected!!!
                      Kudos to the boys and especially our coaching staff...cannot wait for next season already!!
                      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                        Good catching up during intermissions, Ref.

Also, you are correct, PC is not a lock, as the Friars are out if the Wolverines beat the Gophers tomorrow.

The game really was a lot closer than the score on Friday night, well worth the investment of my money and time. Our team left it all on the ice, which is all that I can ask.

Looking forward to next season.
                        Sorry I missed you guys last night. It was a bridge too far for me after a long day of work and travel. Once my wife and I got into our cushy seats, we were too tired to budge!

Anyway, as far as the game is concerned, I agree the cats left it all on the ice! I was surprised how many quality chances UNH had. It would have been a different outcome
                        if the Cats had been able convert a few more.

Looking forward to next year. My take away is that Tirone will give the Cats a chance in every game.

JB, Wellington Station worked great. The potholes on the Revere Beach Parkway were ghastly though😠
                        UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                          Sorry I missed you guys last night. It was a bridge too far for me after a long day of work and travel. Once my wife and I got into our cushy seats, we were too tired to budge!

Anyway, as far as the game is concerned, I agree the cats left it all on the ice! I was surprised how many quality chances UNH had. It would have been a different outcome
                          if the Cats had been able convert a few more.

Looking forward to next year. My take away is that Tirone will give the Cats a chance in every game.

JB, Wellington Station worked great. The potholes on the Revere Beach Parkway were ghastly though😠
                          Hey bud it's all good! Can't blame you...totally agree regarding quality chances particularly in the first...DT is the real deal! Now the waiting begins..will we keep our number one D Man? Here's hoping.
                          The experience our Frosh got this year was invaluable especially getting a taste of how to play and win (PC) in the post season. Could not be prouder of all of them!!
                          Ironically am heading over to the Whitt in a few; hubby's Robotics (and my high school) is competing in a U.S. First Robotics competition...that's gonna seem strange!
                          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

It was a great 2nd half of the season run and the boys left it all on the ice last night. They gave a hell of a fight. Thank you Seniors.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
                              It was a great 2nd half of the season run and the boys left it all on the ice last night. They gave a hell of a fight. Thank you Seniors.
                              You guys made the best of a slow start. Good job out of the kitties. Should be a decent team next season
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                                You guys made the best of a slow start. Good job out of the kitties. Should be a decent team next season
                                We hope. Not sure how much we are going to get out of next year's senior class. I'll be surprised if they match the level of Willows and Downing. And the incoming freshmen will have to progress at the same rate as the this year's frosh. But we do have some pieces in place, especially the goalie. First grain of optimism in awhile.

Comment

Working...
                                X