X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats TD Garden and Beyond 2015

Originally posted by Greg A View Post
    Is this the end result of league expansion, playing more games against league opponents? If so, time to rejigger the schedule, perhaps with two divisions of six teams each. Play teams in your division three times, in the other division twice. That gives you 27 league games, just like HE had before, leaving only 7 OOC games to schedule. Thoughts?
    State Division

UConn
    UMaine
    UMA
    UML
    UNH
    UVM

Non State Division

BC
    BU
    MC
    ND
    NU
    PC

Of course that would all change when Notre Dame flies the HE coop
    UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

"Future NHLer Stevie Moses Reflects on UNH Career"
      The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Felger View Post
        State Division

UConn
        UMaine
        UMA
        UML
        UNH
        UVM

Non State Division

BC
        BU
        MC
        ND
        NU
        PC

Of course that would all change when Notre Dame flies the HE coop
        An uneven league schedule is what the AHA used with six-team eastern and western divisions where three games were played against teams within division and two against the other division teams until UConn left this past year; there was constant whining about unfairness from the western division teams that remain categorically better than the eastern teams.

When NICC leaves HE, my guess is that a non-state school will replace them, unless URI gets it act together to play Div 1 hockey.

Comment

Colin Mac Donald is our 2015-16 Capt! Not sure on other two..

Update: Maxim Gaudreault and Dan Correalle are the Alt Captains...oops sorry Mike!!! Must have been typing at the same time!! Thanks for the news!!! ☺️😉
          Last edited by HockeyRef; 04-25-2015, 08:14 PM.
          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Alternate Captains:
            Dan Correale
            Maxim Gaudreault
            The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Downing Named MVP; MacDonald Tabbed 112th Captain at Men’s Hockey Team Banquet

Comment

Here are first three years of stats for this year's seniors.

Games, goals + assists = points

Correale
                32, 3+8=11
                39, 4+7=11
                38, 4+13=17
                Totals 109, 11+28=39

Smith
                2, 0+0=0
                38, 3+7=10
                33, 3+6=9
                Totals 73, 6+13=19

Gaudreault
                30, 3+5=8
                36, 2+2=4
                30, 3+3=6
                Totals 96, 8+10=18

MacDonald
                15, 1+1=2
                16, 1+0=1
                20, 3+4=7
                Totals 51, 5+5=10

Hill
                2, 0+0=0
                21, 2+1=3
                Totals 23, 2+1=3

Quast
                3, 0+0=0
                35, 0+2=2
                31, 1+7=8
                Totals 69, 1+9=10

For comparison, Camper
                13, 1+1=2
                24, 2+4=6
                27, 1+0=1
                3-year totals 64, 4+5=9
                35, 4+2=6
                4-year totals 99, 8+7=15

So, all but Hill and MacDonald are ahead in games after three years than was Camper. But, if all of this year's seniors double their 3-year goal totals in their senior year as Camper did, we would be looking at 33 goals from the seniors. Realistic?

If Collin MacDonald is captain, will he be playing in more than 20 games? Note that Watcher does not have him listed in the top four lines.
                Last edited by Snively65; 04-26-2015, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Good point about MacDonald only getting an "honorable mention" on 'Watcher's projected lines....obviously the coaching staff (and team members) know something that we do not know about him?
                  UNH

Comment

• To me, Stevie's is a most improbable story, but I am really happy for him. Really neat comments from JVR. Thanks for the interviews, Mike.

Comment

Originally posted by sonar View Post
                      Please just keep Umile OFF the selection committee .... otherwise you will get your wish on Foley.
                      Please elaborate, sonar. Coach Umile had an opening on his staff LAST season, and Foley didn't get hired - Stewart did. I'm struggling to understand why Umile would have bypassed Foley for Stewart if he indeed held Foley in such high esteem (as I'd always believed he did)?
                      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                        Another observation about the OOC schedule for next year is that it will contain costs, with probably eight of the 12 games at home, and only one long road trip to East Lansing (no road trip to NICC this year, which should please Agent 29). Maybe BS35+2 can use these cost savings as a down payment for a jumbotron?
                        Cost was something that crossed my mind too... Can't help but think that in addition to failing ticket revenues, UNH took a hit on the NCAA regionals. *shrug*

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post

So, all but Hill and MacDonald are ahead in games after three years than was Camper. But, if all of this year's seniors double their 3-year goal totals in their senior year as Camper did, we would be looking at 33 goals from the seniors. Realistic?
                          Whether or not 33 goals is a realistic expectation for this year's seniors, last year's seniors scored 50 goals, which need to be made up somewhere, most probably by last year's freshmen?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                            Good point about MacDonald only getting an "honorable mention" on 'Watcher's projected lines....obviously the coaching staff (and team members) know something that we do not know about him?
                            Boy oh boy. Captains and A's have to play otherwise who represents the team in conversations with the officials? With MacDonald as the C, it means he is going to play a heck of a lot more than he did this year. His reputation coming in was that he could score goals. That obvioiusly hasn't happened. If the coaching staff knows something about MacDonald that we fans are missing, it certainly didn't translate into extra ice time this past season. Although point totals might not be an indicator of leadership qualities, just about every captain that I have ever talked to or read about mentions leading by example. This begs the obvious question. We'll just have to see I guess. What other choice is there?

Comment

I am a little surprised and quite disappointed that TK won't be wearing at least an "A". Nothing against McD. who the coaches clearly expect to step up his game and who must have leadership qualities, but Tyler clearly has the game and from his snippets in the press also has the qualities. If anything I'd have thought Correale (39 GP, 17 points) would have gotten the nod over Colin (20, 7). Echoing Greg's thought, the coaches know...
                              I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg A View Post
                                His reputation coming in was that he could score goals.
                                Well maybe...

We have the advantage of hindsight that the recruiting process didn't. I am pulling information from Hockeydb.

As an 18 year old Collin played 6 games in the EJHL with 1 goal no assists. As an 19 year old Collin played 45 games in the EJHL with 27 goals - 18 assists for 45 points. Leading goal scorer on the team and 3rd in total points. He did break is leg while at UNH and that may have set back his development. But his 3 year line is:

MacDonald Games 51, Goal 5, Assists 5, Points 10

Looking back at the top 6 scorers on that EJHL team - EJHL stats in () and displayed Games, Goals, Assists, Points:

Swavely (45, 22, 30, 52) @ Umaine (3 yrs) 108, 24, 38, 62
                                Petito (43, 18, 28, 46) @ No information assumed out of hockey
                                MacDonald (45, 27, 18, 45) @UNH (3 yrs) 51, 5, 5, 10
                                Riley (43, 15, 30, 45) @Mercyhurst (2 yrs) 45, 9, 16, 25
                                Clifton (39, 14, 30, 44) @Quinnipiac (2 yrs) 77, 12, 15, 27
                                Barre (35, 16, 25, 41) @Dartmouth (3 yrs) 79, 7, 16, 23

What I see is nobody from that team has set the world on fire at the next level. It is not that there were no good players in the EJHL that year. Chris Heisenberg had Brett Pesce as the highest rated #2 was Jim Vesey (45, 48, 43, 91) a Hobey finalist out of Harvard. However the next three EJHL players were Connor Anthoine (end it up at SUNY-Geneseo), Brian Morgan (2 meh years at Maine), K.J. Tiefenwerth (2 meh year at Div 1 - Umass & QU).

Basically that year the ECHL produced one high end forward and defenseman. The rest were nothing to write home about. I didn't search the entire list just the top 10 skaters...
                                "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Working...
                                X