Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union College Hockey 2014-2015 "ReUnion 2015? Why "Nott"? (Part 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Union College Hockey 2014-2015 "ReUnion 2015? Why "Nott"? (Part 2)

Congrats Union! You played a hard fought and clean series. It was a battle for sure. You were admirable national champions and represented the ECAC well. There is nothing at all to be ashamed of.
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2023 National Champions
    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
    Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by UFan View Post
      In my view, when you play dump and chase all game, and you loose the chase pretty much very time, getting an offensive side faceoff win is a plus. We got an handful, if that. Neutral zone faceoffs, not so important. Defensive zone faceoff wins are a plus on the kill. We won a few, but that's it. Good thing we didn't take that many penalties. And outshooting a team means nothing, it's also a meaningless stat. I'd rather have 5 shots on goal and 5 goals, than 38 on goal and one goal. Just like faceoffs, it's number that tells you nothing about the quality, I think we can agree on that.

^this
      Oh well, we'll be better next year
      Yea, it's tough to be chasing the puck all the time when you can't get it back. In that regard, those guys losing draws hurt us. When your players aren't good enough to get the puck, faceoffs help, although we had players losing faceoffs AND not winning battles.

I'd have to disagree that outshooting a team is a meaningless stat. Check here and filter by SAT:http://www.nhl.com/stats/advancedteamstats
      You'll see that the teams that attempt more shots than their opponents during the season are almost always more successful than those that don't. You really don't need advanced stats to tell you that though, it's common sense. This happens every season. The fact of the matter is that, on the whole, 38 shots is almost always better than 25 amongst players at an equal level.

Quantity certainly doesn't equal quality, but I thought we had both tonight, we just ran into a hot goalie and didn't get enough bounces.

Comment

Union has been on such a great run these last few years. The loss today is tough, but you have to appreciate what this team has provided to the ECAC and the fan base.

The Glass is certainly half full!

Comment

I was on the edge of my seat all weekend, great hockey, but an unfortunate ending for U. I also hope the injury to Anas isn't serious.

The seniors have much to be proud of over their 4 years and are certainly going to be missed next year. The future is bright and I can't wait for next October. Until then, I look forward to discussing the offseason, predicting lines and captains, and also reading up on the incoming recruits.
          Union College Hockey
          2014 NCAA National Champions
          2012, 2013, 2014 ECAC Champions

Comment

Thanks Union for a great series. Great team and classy program. If it wouldn't have been at our expense I would have loved to see you turn things around and go all the way. If you did come out ahead this weekend I would have rooted for you the rest of the way. Congrats to your graduation seniors on all the have accomplished the past few years!

Comment

Well that shows you how hard it is to get behind on the road in a big game. Hats off to Qpac, but also have to say I've (almost) never been prouder of a Union team. The way they pulled everything together in the last 3-4 weeks and played with discipline & heart was just phenomenal. Anyone who questioned the heart of these players or the skills of the coaching staff better stand down. This weekend was fantastic hockey played by two very skilled well coached teams, that BTW are both pretty young and should get better in the next couple years. Very sad to see the seniors skate off the ice for the last time in Union colors and want to thank them for 4 of the best years of Union hockey history- you will not be forgotten. As for next season, looking forward to building on this finish and the new players that will be added to the fold. Much to be optimistic about.
              Last edited by ADK11; 03-16-2015, 07:50 AM.
              UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

In the three games we took a page out of the Q handbook and we blocked
                29 shots
                26 shots
                23 shots
                This was 3-4 times our average going in ... we were giving it our best.
                Hope Anas is ok. He is their leading scorer and they are not going to want to be in Lake Placid without him being 100%.
                Would have liked to have seen Yale in the mix as well as all the others.
                We are losing 29% of our scoring, Stevens ....
                Vechionne line returns intact ....
                Defense returns intact ....
                Exciting games on tap for next year - BU comes to Schenectady !!!!! Michigan?
                IMO ECAC best goal tending ..... look at the top defensive teams in the country (7 of top 19)
                Last edited by Dutchman; 03-16-2015, 04:24 AM.
                DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

The season that left the Union faithful wondering weekend after weekend if the turn was in the stars is over, but not before one last tantalizing series with Q'pac. That series was a metaphor for the season with an improbable loss on Friday, a gutsy win on Sat., and a hot goaltender for Q'pac on Sunday. Union fans had certainly been treated to a fabulous three years. The past season could be considered a cold shower for some, but the preceding three have left Dutchmen everywhere standing taller than ever before. Hats off to RB and his staff and an incredible group of young men!
                  Last edited by Miami Ice; 03-17-2015, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Miami Ice View Post
                    The season that left the Union faithful wondering weekend after weekend if the turn was in the stars is over, but not before one last tantalizing series with Q'pac. That series was a metaphor for the season with an improbable loss on Friday, a gutsy win on Sat., and a hot goaltender for Q'pac on Sunday. Union fans have certainly been treated to a fabulous three years. The past season could be considered a cold shower for some, but preceding three have left Dutchmen everywhere standing taller than ever before. Hats off to RB and his staff and an incredible group of young men!
                    +1
                    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Just wanted to say congratulations on an impressive 3 year run. I was in Philly to see you guys win last year and I couldn't have been happier for you guys. Every U fan I've met has been knowledgeable and dedicated. So hard to replace the top defensive duo in the country. Your record didn't do you justice this year. Looking forward to more battles next year from you guys.
                      Quinnipiac University '15
                      ECAC Regular Season Champs: 2013, 2015, 2016
                      ECAC Championship: 2016
                      NCAA Tournament: 2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
                      NCAA Frozen Four: 2013, 2016
                      Yuck Fale : 2013

Comment

Ciampini signs an ATO with Worcester: http://t.co/Lw1ruMUAl0

Let signing season begin.

Comment

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...on_dynasty.php

Nice write up over at CHN. Union has been the class of the league over the past 3 seasons and the loss this weekend doesn't diminish any of those accomplishments. I'm sure every other ECAC team wishes they could reach that same level of dominance and humility.

I'd love to be able to apologize for being the ones to knock you out but as the saying goes, to be the best you need to beat the best!
                          Quinnipiac Bobcats
                          2023 National Champions
                          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                          Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Less than 36 hours to get your picks in. Must be in by 4PM Friday.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...00#post6129100
                            Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                            And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                            WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                            If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Ciampini is a top 10 Hobey finalist: http://bit.ly/1CxoO6R

He probably won't make the top 3, but the top 10 is still a nice honor for a great season.

Comment

Still looking for 21 contestants to get your picks in. You have until 4 PM today.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...-Playoffs-2015

brainof23
                                Brett Gobe
                                Sullivan/Owens
                                Bucky Dutchman
                                cornellgradyalefan
                                cudmud
                                DownOnThe Farm
                                drewcu
                                Dutchman
                                goblue78
                                Got 6, Want More
                                johnk
                                Mike Hutter
                                red133883
                                redrocker
                                Richter547
                                rsfs04
                                slu fan
                                TchrBill
                                Yale86
                                yalehockeyfan
                                Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                                And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                                WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                                If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Working...
                                X