X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O95OGtugQWc

A couple of interesting comments from SA.
    Ha there goalie was great blah blah blah
    I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Re: RPI 2015 Off Season Thread: Another Long Spring and Summer

I hope we take a look at Mike Lynch for AD. However, I doubt we'll pay for anyone "nationally prominent".

Comment

If anyone cares, Patty Koudys was named as an honorable mention to the All Big Ten Team.
        RPI Pep Band
        GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
        🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
        2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
        2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          Others have always technically had to pay at '86 Field (at least for the grandstand). The difference is that there isn't a walkway where one can "pass through".
          I think that it was free to everyone when I was at RPI. At least I don't remember that others had to pay. Anyway, they should have had to pay people to watch the team when I started.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
            If anyone cares, Patty Koudys was named as an honorable mention to the All Big Ten Team.
            Second rate league.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 17 March 2015. There are 200 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 3 October 2015 for the start of next season.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                I think that it was free to everyone when I was at RPI. At least I don't remember that others had to pay. Anyway, they should have had to pay people to watch the team when I started.
                As bad as we were during my time there, and we were perhaps the worst in the country ever at that time, fairly decent numbers of fans showed up. Maybe it was just to watch the dogs running on the field at halftime? But the spirit was there and brought out the students. I recall the Nicholls game where we built a substantial lead (only to give up two scores very late to leave with a miserable tie) where fans flocked to the game when they heard we might finally win one. When we finally beat Middlebury after 42 losses(and the tie with Nicholls) in a row, there was a crowd several people deep surrounding the place. The noise was incredible and the atmosphere was electric. Not sure which year was the worst - 1963 when we were outscored 200-16 in 6 games or 1962(before I got there) when we were outscored 337-36 and in one game against Vermont lost 82-6.
                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I don't know when they started making people pay, but it was before I started. I remember, when we hosted a playoff game in 2007, that they diverted foot traffic below the JEC walkway in order to get over to Lally, Amos Eaton, and all of those buildings in that part of campus. Since then, they had always tried to enforce that in order to get some revenue until they left '86 Field and went up to ECAV, where it was much easier to enforce. Had I not been with the band, I was an officer of HKN, so watching from the Flip Flop lounge would have been fun.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                    As bad as we were during my time there, and we were perhaps the worst in the country ever at that time, fairly decent numbers of fans showed up. Maybe it was just to watch the dogs running on the field at halftime? But the spirit was there and brought out the students. I recall the Nicholls game where we built a substantial lead (only to give up two scores very late to leave with a miserable tie) where fans flocked to the game when they heard we might finally win one. When we finally beat Middlebury after 42 losses(and the tie with Nicholls) in a row, there was a crowd several people deep surrounding the place. The noise was incredible and the atmosphere was electric. Not sure which year was the worst - 1963 when we were outscored 200-16 in 6 games or 1962(before I got there) when we were outscored 337-36 and in one game against Vermont lost 82-6.
                    There must have been an incredible amount of chatter on the internet calling for the coaches head.
                    Oh wait, no internet.
                    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                    Benjamin Franklin
                    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                    Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                      There must have been an incredible amount of chatter on the internet calling for the coaches head.
                      Oh wait, no internet.
                      There was a chain letter. I found a copy stuffed away in my dorm room in E Complex.

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                        Oh wait, no internet.
                        None at all. The coach was an all around really nice guy, team did a lot in the community, and the grad rate was 100 percent.

Comment

Originally posted by vicious View Post
                          None at all. The coach was an all around really nice guy, team did a lot in the community, and the grad rate was 100 percent.
                          He even cut his neighbor's lawn and played golf with them
                          Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Those were the cheerleaders.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Those were the cheerleaders.
                              We had cheerleaders? I was not even sure we had any girls on campus. I know there were some but I could never find anyone who looked like a girl.
                              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

We had cheerleaders? I was not even sure we had any girls on campus. I know there were some but I could never find anyone who looked like a girl.
                                Dudes with long hair. Either that, or there were girls, but they all had RIBS.

Comment

Working...
                                X