X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI 2015 Off Season Thread: Another Long Spring and Summer

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
    Apparently someone is, if they're recommending homecoming to be held during February in Troy....
    If hockey's supposed to be RPI's marquee sport, then why not?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      If hockey's supposed to be RPI's marquee sport, then why not?
      Because Homecoming is a large outdoor event and the weather is generally much better in early October than mid-February? Because they don't have to advertise Freakout! any more to maximize attendance (though the non-sell out this year is troubling, but explainable by the 9-21-1 record at that point) while football games struggle to fill ECAV?
      RPI Pep Band
      GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
      🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
      2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
      2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
        Because Homecoming is a large outdoor event and the weather is generally much better in early October than mid-February? Because they don't have to advertise Freakout! any more to maximize attendance (though the non-sell out this year is troubling, but explainable by the 9-21-1 record at that point) while football games struggle to fill ECAV?
        Does anyone know how the Football team draws since it moved to the ECAV?
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
          Reno is the forgotten man on this team he had trouble getting on the ice the second half of both his seasons at RPI. LGR!
          18 Games Played -14 That's a recipe for not getting playing time.
          "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            Does anyone know how the Football team draws since it moved to the ECAV?
            Code:
            Year	Total	Avg	Games
            2013	6015	1203	5
            2012	8471	1694	5
            2011	7357	1471	5
            2010	7957	1989	4
            2009	12074	2415	5
            2008	13412	2682	5
            2007	10127	1687	6
            2006	8055	2013	4
            2005	6765	1353	5
            2009 was the first season at ECAV.
            RPI Class of 2012
            Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

Originally posted by RHamilton View Post
              Code:
              Year	Total	Avg	Games
              2013	6015	1203	5
              2012	8471	1694	5
              2011	7357	1471	5
              2010	7957	1989	4
              2009	12074	2415	5
              2008	13412	2682	5
              2007	10127	1687	6
              2006	8055	2013	4
              2005	6765	1353	5
              2009 was the first season at ECAV.
              Thanks. IIRC, students still get in free but others now pay.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                Thanks. IIRC, students still get in free but others now pay.
                Others have always technically had to pay at '86 Field (at least for the grandstand). The difference is that there isn't a walkway where one can "pass through".

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                  Actually, I agree with you on the +/-. As Eddie O says, the plus/minus is used by agents to get more money for their clients. So why did I use it?.....I don’t know (that’s Doc Emerick).
                  We all can look at the stats from this past year forever. Truth is, we did some things very well. But only some and those did not win a lot of games for us. We did far too much badly. Troubling for me is that much of what we did badly is fundamental hockey. Bad faceoffs, bad line changes, bad positioning, bad penalties, etc. But watching all season, every so often there was that glimmer of hope(usually dashed quickly) or that little spark that kept me thinking-if only. I still think this is a heck of a good group of boys and proud of all of them. To all the seniors leaving-a big thank you. To all the new recruits coming in for next year, fit in quickly and hopefully address some of our problems. Obviously we need to score more goals but we also need to win faceoffs at a 50% or higher clip and we need to draw more penalties than we take.
                  Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O95OGtugQWc

A couple of interesting comments from SA.
                    I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

As a UAlbany grad, I would totally recommend McElroy as a full time AD for RPI. As stated before here, he has taken UAlbany to the DI level pretty successfully and in my mind, made it the big name program in the area, as it relates to Basketball and Lacrosse. Not to mention the other lesser followed sports (track,softball,baseball,soccer etc.) have made several trips to the NCAA tournament. As usual my question to all those looking for a new coach for the team is who? Who is out there that we can realistically get to come to Troy. Not trying to argue just curious to see who is out there that you think would fit in.
                      Last edited by fishcore12; 03-16-2015, 05:58 PM.
                      Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        Others have always technically had to pay at '86 Field (at least for the grandstand). The difference is that there isn't a walkway where one can "pass through".
                        That grand stand on the 86 Field sure was ugly. Fortunately it didn't exist back in my day.
                        Let's give a cheer for old Rensselaer... You bring the whiskey, I'll bring the beer!

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                          As a UAlbany grad, I would totally recommend McElroy as a full time AD for RPI. As stated before here, he has taken UAlbany to the DI level pretty successfully and in my mind, made it the big name program in the area, as it relates to Basketball and Lacrosse. Not to mention the other lesser followed sports (track,softball,baseball,soccer etc.) have made several trips to the NCAA tournament. As usual my question to all those looking for a new coach for the team is who? Who is out there that we can realistically get to come to Troy. Not trying to argue just curious to see who is out there that you think would fit in.
                          I don't think the head coach is leaving, but if there was an opening the first guy I would call would be Ben Barr.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                            Casey Jo- wait, he's at CCT.

Comment

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O95OGtugQWc

A couple of interesting comments from SA.
                              interesting comments, indeed. I also take note of the really trippy camera work. Just what is in the air at Appleton?

Comment

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
                                The sophomore class may not be great, but the freshman class is very good, if they can stay healthy. Because zalewski and haggerty left early, the senior class was not strong. I really don't think Dr. Jackson or her tight circle of advisors care about the fans or wins and losses.
                                zalewski was a junior not senior
                                Every team has players leave early look it up , RPI has only had a few leave early ....just 5 that I remember past 9 years York pirri damigo hags zalew
                                I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Working...
                                X