This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vicious View Post
    McElroy is an interim AD. I don't see him making any major announcements either way. Everyone knows there's several years left on this deal and I would not expect to see someone with an interim title try to make a major change. If/when a new AD comes in, and depending on where the program stands at that point, things could get a little more interesting.

I also wonder what the administration is hearing from alums/donors about the general direction of the program over the last decade and whether there is enough alum/donor pressure being applied to drive a change in a year or two. The last several games at HFH for the first time I heard several long-time, very loyal alums say they've had enough with the current regime. But maybe that's a small minority and Appert's supporters are right and most people have come to see the mounting losses as mostly irrelevant in assessing the program.
    McElroy, while having the interim title , has not to my knowledge stated that he is not a candidate for the permanent AD job. Given his relationahip with Shirley, I suspect the job would be his if he wants it. But it a anyones guess to whether he is interested in a full time gig

While he isn't a hockey guy per se, he is ALL about winning - as evidenced by his UA legacy -the men's ans women's hoop teams, men's lacrosse, football upgrades etc. He is more than capable of leading a coaching search, if the need arose. I personally don't think it will for the hockey team, but who can tell. It would not shock me If changes are made in the staff ACs to attempt to garner more offense from our talented forwards. Time will tell
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
      McElroy, while having the interim title , has not to my knowledge stated that he is not a candidate for the permanent AD job. Given his relationahip with Shirley, I suspect the job would be his if he wants it. But it a anyones guess to whether he is interested in a full time gig

While he isn't a hockey guy per se, he is ALL about winning - as evidenced by his UA legacy -the men's ans women's hoop teams, men's lacrosse, football upgrades etc. He is more than capable of leading a coaching search, if the need arose. I personally don't think it will for the hockey team, but who can tell. It would not shock me If changes are made in the staff ACs to attempt to garner more offense from our talented forwards. Time will tell
      i think one of the local reporters, probably Weaver, will ask about Appert's status and McElroy will have to comment.
      If you are talking about freshmen forwards, you may be right. Let's see if they can stay healthy next year and then we'll see how good they are.

Comment

Re: RPI 2015 Off Season Thread: Another Long Spring and Summer

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
        i think one of the local reporters, probably Weaver, will ask about Appert's status and McElroy will have to comment.
        If you are talking about freshmen forwards, you may be right. Let's see if they can stay healthy next year and then we'll see how good they are.
        Let's see if they even stay and don't just bolt to MJ.

Comment

Slu was arguably the worst of the top 6 teams.
          Until a player gets here and puts goals in the net , call it the errrrrrrr laliberte syndrome I don't give a crap what they do in juniors
          Appert era highlight 9 years probly chase polaceks hobey run I guess
          I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
            Slu was arguably the worst of the top 6 teams.
            Until a player gets here and puts goals in the net , call it the errrrrrrr laliberte syndrome I don't give a crap what they do in juniors
            Appert era highlight 9 years probly chase polaceks hobey run I guess
            Laliberte looked a little slow for division 1 never used as a penalty killer. In the two playoff series the senior forwards had one point no goals. The sophomore class is one of the weakest in a long time. 2015 Off season thread part II lose appert or lose 20. Seriously considering dumping season tickets after 37 years

Comment

Originally posted by vicious View Post
              I also wonder what the administration is hearing from alums/donors about the general direction of the program over the last decade and whether there is enough alum/donor pressure being applied to drive a change in a year or two. The last several games at HFH for the first time I heard several long-time, very loyal alums say they've had enough with the current regime. But maybe that's a small minority and Appert's supporters are right and most people have come to see the mounting losses as mostly irrelevant in assessing the program.
              The alums making noise is an interesting data point. I wonder how it aligns with the chatter prior w/ Fridgen's ouster.

The other concern is all of the supporters seeing the mounting losses as irrelevant in the program assessment. Do a lot of people truly feel that way over such a long period of time?
              Last edited by ServinisScores; 03-15-2015, 06:11 PM.
              Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
                The alums making noise is an interesting data point. I wonder how it aligns with the chatter prior w/ Fridgen's ouster.

The other concern is all of the supporters seeing the mounting losses as irrelevant in the program assessment. Do a lot of people truly feel that way over such a long period of time?
                When the Col. was in, it meant nothing. With the new guy (who almost assuredly will be the interim due to some of RPI's "policies"), it'll probably mean the same.

Comment

Fridgen had 8 winning seasons in his first 10 and reached the ECAC Semifinals 5 times. He won the ECAC championship his first season. If this coach "wasn't good enough" to coach here how can Seth be? All you fans that wanted Fridgen fired well....... be careful what you wish for you may just get it.
                  What is the benchmark that RPI sets for its hockey coach?
                  Any serious division 1 program sets benchmarks for its coaches. And yes it's based on winning. If the Alums aren't pushing for change then they just don't care.

Comment

Originally posted by Havasu M View Post
                    Laliberte looked a little slow for division 1 never used as a penalty killer. In the two playoff series the senior forwards had one point no goals. The sophomore class is one of the weakest in a long time. 2015 Off season thread part II lose appert or lose 20. Seriously considering dumping season tickets after 37 years
                    The sophomore class may not be great, but the freshman class is very good, if they can stay healthy. Because zalewski and haggerty left early, the senior class was not strong. I really don't think Dr. Jackson or her tight circle of advisors care about the fans or wins and losses.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                      I think Lee will become the full-time AD. Nice to see you on the thread.
                      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Today is 16 March 2015. There are 201 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 3 October 2015 for the start of next season.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                          I think Lee will become the full-time AD. Nice to see you on the thread.
                          You do know about the forms that have to be filled out if he doesn't get hired, right? Assuming policies in place when I was there are still in place...

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            You do know about the forms that have to be filled out if he doesn't get hired, right? Assuming policies in place when I was there are still in place...
                            There are forms to be filled out about everything. (written by a former gov't employee. )
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

My mailbox is happy that RPi day is over.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                There are forms to be filled out about everything. (written by a former gov't employee. )
                                No no no, I'm talking about forms that are quite illegal, especially if you follow acts from the 60's to a tee.

Comment

Working...
                                X