This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2015 Off Season Thread: Another Long Spring and Summer

Drew was also named to the All-Rookie Team by the ECAC..... http://www.ecachockey.com/men/2014-1...003_Men_Awards
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

One of the many things I don't like about bounceyball, the person on offense can throw the ball at the person on defense and have it go off him
      and the person on defense gets a foul. We thought the ECAC refs were bad, but these basic rules are kinda ridiculous.
      Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Today is 21 March 2015. There are 196 days (28 weeks) until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 3 October 2015 for the start of next season.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
          One of the many things I don't like about bounceyball, the person on offense can throw the ball at the person on defense and have it go off him
          and the person on defense gets a foul. We thought the ECAC refs were bad, but these basic rules are kinda ridiculous.
          What was the foul for? I can't think of what it would be. Throwing the ball off the D-man and having it go out of bounds is fairly common in plenty of sports (whoever touches it last loses possession of the ball), and a kick of the ball is not a foul, but a violation that resets the shot clock.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
            At least they get to use their hands.

To me it is ridiculous to call something a "sport" in which you basically walk around all day, and occasionally whack a tiny sphere trying to put it in a hole in the ground, and then, as soon as you get it in the hole, you take it out immediately and then try and put it in another hole.

I can see calling that a "skills contest", but a "sport" seems a bit much. Darts is as much of a "sport"! or bowling.

"Hey, honey, let's go out for a walk."
            - but I want to do 'sports'
            "Well, then, we'll add an element of skill to it and call it a 'sport' then, okay?"
            - okay. But we still get to do the walking around part, don't we?
            "Of course."

(pun intended)
            "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post

To me it is ridiculous to call something a "sport" in which you basically walk around all day, and occasionally whack a tiny sphere trying to put it in a hole in the ground, and then, as soon as you get it in the hole, you take it out immediately and then try and put it in another hole.

I can see calling that a "skills contest", but a "sport" seems a bit much. Darts is as much of a "sport"! or bowling.

"Well, then, we'll add an element of skill to it and call it a 'sport' then, okay?"
              "Of course."

(pun intended)
              Tell us how you really feel about golf?
              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
              Benjamin Franklin
              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
              Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post

"Of course."

(pun intended)
                No worse than driving a car for 3 hours counter clockwise. I know how hard golf can be to play but they need to add a way to play defense.
                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                  Drew was also named to the All-Rookie Team by the ECAC..... http://www.ecachockey.com/men/2014-1...003_Men_Awards
                  Glad to see that. it is more difficult for a forward to garner much notice when an entire team around him just does not score but i am expecting great things from DM again next year.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                    ... I know how hard golf can be to play but they need to add a way to play defense.
                    Take the shortest route to the cup and arrive in ill humor? This has potential.

Comment

No worse than driving a car for 3 hours counter clockwise. I know how hard golf can be to play but they need to add a way to play defense.
                      Hey now, in my area, we turn right!

Plus, driving non-stop in a vehicle for that many miles is much harder than it looks. Try driving from Lincoln NE to Troy NY in a day and a half, stopping only for fuel and a couple hours of shuteye at a gas station in Ohio.

Comment

• Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
                        Take the shortest route to the cup and arrive in ill humor? This has potential.
                        You should ask Bokenfour. He's on the golf team and plays defense.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                          You should ask Bokenfour. He's on the golf team and plays defense.
                          Does he also play defense on the golf team?
                          Last edited by Ralph Baer; 03-21-2015, 12:25 PM.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            Hey now, in my area, we turn right!

Plus, driving non-stop in a vehicle for that many miles is much harder than it looks. Try driving from Lincoln NE to Troy NY in a day and a half, stopping only for fuel and a couple hours of shuteye at a gas station in Ohio.
                            I just do not think much of any sport where you sit on your butt the entire time. And as far as driving long distances, a lot can have to do with what you driving. I would imagine a Bentley would not be too hard to take for quite some time. The only thing about driving a long distance I hate is the traffic that slows to a crawl. It is 215 miles from here to HFH and if we do not get bogged down on the Garden State Parkway(which can be ridiculously dangerous), the trip takes us just under 3 hours. The GSP however can be a two valium section of the drive at times.

Comment

Serious, but stupid question, do race car drivers have to go clockwise south of the Equator?

Comment

Serious, but stupid question, do race car drivers have to go clockwise south of the Equator?
                                In England and Australia.

The direction of driving has more to do with which side of the road you drive on. Those in countries inspired by the left-handed emperor known as Napoleon go counter-clockwise while driving on the right. You're on the left side, so the speedier turn is left.

Comment

Working...
                                X