Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech post season thread, hunting for hardware!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech post season thread, hunting for hardware!

Congratulations on a really great season. Tech is back.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
      I'm pretty sure St Cloud would not want to play us on a regular basis...
      On the contrary... It's their strength of schedule that got them here with a 1-game above .500 record. My guess is they'd much rather play this Tech team than the one they did 5 years ago.

Call it puck luck, bad bounces, nerves, I don't know... Haven't fully come to grips with it yet... The one thing I can say for sure is that I am very happy with the season and the way the team played tonight overall. Absolutely hate the outcome, but I'm glad we showed them that we're not the "steam roll" conference everyone thought we'd be.

Pulling for Mankato at this point (as much as I wasn't last Friday at the X )...
      Last edited by Superfly100; 03-27-2015, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Great season by your team. Would have liked your chances against UND. You definitely belonged at the top of hockey this year. The trick is to have consistency. My team is still working toward that as well.

Don't think anyone thought you and Mankato would get rolled. Definitely the cream of the conference and again, tops in hockey this year.

And we don't mind the hate. To be hated means some relevancy.

Comment

Sometimes the better team doesn't win.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
            Congratulations on a really great season. Tech is back.
            They're back and with more experience.

Watching the highlights and I see a team that couldn't finish the game. But this is a game that shows a team how to win and will make them better for the next time. This is another step toward a national title and you'll get there.

Good luck Huskies! You'll be back and prouder than ever. Glad to see a fellow Northland team do so well and be back on the national stage.
            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU BlackandRed View Post
              Would have liked your chances against UND.
              Me too.

Don't think anyone thought you and Mankato would get rolled.
              Was referring to the commentary during the conference shake-ups. Agreed that both teams earned some respect throughout the season.

And we don't mind the hate. To be hated means some relevancy.
              No hate here. Your goalie kept you in the game and the team capitalized on the mistakes we made. Makes for a winning formula. Good luck the rest of the way!

Comment

Whoever made the bull**** "embellishment" call should be tarred and feathered, dismembered, and shipped to their family in tiny pieces.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

As much as this sucks I am looking at where we came from, just 4 years ago at this time we had just completed a 4 win season and that was after starting the season 3-0-2, and being the laughingstock of college hockey. How many of us would have predicted that in just 4 years we would go 10-0 to start a season, be ranked #1 if only for a week, come 1 point shy of winning the MacNaughton and 1 period shy of the Broadmoor, win 29 games to tie for most in the country going into the NCAA tournament and then go to the tournament, definitely not me. I am worried about next year with losing Tanner, Blake, Sweeney etc but we have an extremely strong core of underclassmen and more experience than any Tech team since I've been alive, it's still an awesome time to be a Tech hockey fan.
                  2005-2006: 7-25-6
                  2006-2007: 18-17-5
                  2007-2008: 14-20-5
                  2008-2009: 6-25-7
                  2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                    Whoever made the bull**** "embellishment" call should be tarred and feathered, dismembered, and shipped to their family in tiny pieces.
                    One call does not a loss make. If the game were dead even throughout, then maybe...

We dominated for 50+ minutes of that game, but couldn't seal the deal. The embellishment call shouldn't have been a factor.

It sounds cliche, but at this point, have to appreciate a great season (for the first time in a long time) and look forward to October.

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly100 View Post
                      One call does not a loss make. If the game were dead even throughout, then maybe...

We dominated for 50+ minutes of that game, but couldn't seal the deal. The embellishment call shouldn't have been a factor.

It sounds cliche, but at this point, have to appreciate a great season (for the first time in a long time) and look forward to October.
                      But when it comes down to it, the refs decided they needed to be part of the story. A bull**** call is a bull**** call.

Should have gotten an empty netter too. And had 4 on the board going into the 3rd. It just sucks to go out this way to a team that is obviously not very good.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
                        I am worried about next year with losing Tanner, Blake, Sweeney etc.
                        Big shoes to fill no doubt, but with the 3rd line's performance last week and the sweet little goal by L'Esperance/Eick tonight, I think someone will step up to the plate!
                        Last edited by Superfly100; 03-27-2015, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                          But when it comes down to it, the refs decided they needed to be part of the story. A bull**** call is a bull**** call.

Should have gotten an empty netter too. And had 4 on the board going into the 3rd. It just sucks to go out this way to a team that is obviously not very good.
                          Hear ya on that. And it's not that they're not very good because I think they are pretty good. We were just playing that much better (which makes it that much harder to swallow ).

Comment

Many of us remember the Tech power teams from the 70s and have not forgotten Tech's place college hockey tradition. It's definitely very cool that Tech is once again a hockey force to be reckoned with.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                              Many of us remember the Tech power teams from the 70s and have not forgotten Tech's place college hockey tradition. It's definitely very cool that Tech is once again a hockey force to be reckoned with.
                              And some of us only know the bad teams, and for both of those groups this is awesome to see.
                              2005-2006: 7-25-6
                              2006-2007: 18-17-5
                              2007-2008: 14-20-5
                              2008-2009: 6-25-7
                              2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Well ****.
                                MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Working...
                                X