Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: B1G Championship in Detroit

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    IMHO, when we are in a groove, we can beat anyone.
    Same can be said for Minnesota. Keys are where its played and how much gas is in the tank.
    Go Gophers!

Comment

Today I'll take
      Ohio state
      Michigan

Tomorrow
      Minnesota
      Michigan

Finals
      Minnesota

Comment

Today's games - I would take Ohio State over Penn State and Michigan over sconny.

Tomorrow is another day, we'll see.
        Originally posted by CavalryNate
        Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
          Same can be said for Minnesota. Keys are where its played and how much gas is in the tank.
          Never really understood why it's so hard to get over that mental hurdle. The whole "where" thing seems to be something a team can deal with- but it's harder than it appears. The fuel part- well, yea. But, again, a team captain can "work" on that during the off season. We have Andrew Copp's grandparents sitting behind us- and they tell us that he's fully aware that the end of the game is where the burning of your muscles need to be over come. So they KNOW the problem, and there are things they can do to address it.

Actually, that's been one of our calling cards- the team knows what's wrong- at least to the media, but don't address it on the ice. odd.

the best games are when both teams are both in the groove and playing like it. THAT is fun to watch.

Comment

Yeesh, just checked the seating charts. Looks like some tickets have been returned because there's even more seats available in the lower bowl now. They probably could've put this tournament in Yost or Munn based on the numbers I'm looking at. Basically everything outside of the netural zone is 50% empty or more.
            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

I'll take tOSU in the early game, preferably in quadruple OT

Michigan beats sconnie in the night cap despite all the sandbagging here by Michigan fans
              "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                the best games are when both teams are both in the groove and playing like it. THAT is fun to watch.
                Best hockey in the country just short of previous WCHA final five games (which had to be seen to believed). IMO the best, most competitive games this season were at Yost...the Gophers got beat but they were close. At Mariucci, it wasn't quite the same.
                Go Gophers!

Comment

Opening puck drop - maybe 200 in the building, not counting the bands.

Comment

• Originally posted by potternmu View Post
                    Opening puck drop - maybe 200 in the building, not counting the bands.
                    The good news is it's a true neutral site now with only parents in the building.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Red Wings just tweeted a photo of center ice at the face off. Five minutes later they tweeted another photo of center ice at the face off. Same caption. Only this time the picture was much darker to hide the seats. I would link but they deleted the old one.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

The Big-whatever sucks sweaty balls, and deserves to have their showplace event held in a hole like JLA, in a bigger hole like Detroit.
                        Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

I've been to youth hockey practices with more people in attendance.

Sigh....
                          @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                          On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                          High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                            Michigan beats sconnie in the night cap despite all the sandbagging here by Michigan fans
                            I think you're mistaken. After all, Wisconsin has won its last 7 conference tournament games! That's a very significant trend! In addition, their regular-season record shows that we're due to see some wins now!

Comment

Will the Shots on Goal in the tOSU - PSU game exceed the number of spectators?
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                My ex-fiancee attended last years B1G Tourney. NOT a sports girl. This was actually her first hockey game ever. The following did happen:

"Oh my God! They (Gophers) are playing like sh*! This sucks! Wait, why do I care?! Oh my God, what is happening to me?! I don't care about sports! This is awesome! What the hell?! I love this!"

She just never was properly introduced into a sports fan's world.
                                Then look what happened...
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X