Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oswego State 2015 NCAA Playoff/Offseason Thread, 6th times the charm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
    That's my WTOP. The local CBS TV station used to be WTOP, but they gave it up to become WUSA.

WTOP used to be 1500AM 50,000 watts clear channel, but switched to 103.5 FM a few years ago. 1500AM became WFED - federal radio.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Re: Oswego State 2015 NCAA Playoff/Offseason Thread, 6th times the charm?

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
      wrong TOP
      The real one - I wondered if you guys know there was a real broadcast outlet with that call sign.
      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        That's my WTOP. The local CBS TV station used to be WTOP, but they gave it up to become WUSA.

WTOP used to be 1500AM 50,000 watts clear channel, but switched to 103.5 FM a few years ago. 1500AM became WFED - federal radio.
        But now WUSA (like KUSA in Denver) is no longer owned by the people who bring you USA Today (Gannett), because in a spin-off deal Gannett became TEGNA and became only an electronic and broadcast media company and spun off the newspaper business as a new company with the name Gannett.
        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

looks like students r back on campus in 10 days or so, so whomever has that hook at Culkin hall find out who the hockey players are,we have 4 listed, but I would think we would have more than that coming in ...back on the ice in a few months..any rumor on the exhibition game?
          Last edited by bakdraft21; 08-11-2015, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Just saw this. Very cool. I make an appearance at the 33 second mark, sitting on the boards listening to Coach Unger.
            93GreatLaker

2012-13 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
            2011-12 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
            2010-11 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
            2008-09 DIII College Hockey Pool Champion
            2008-09 SUNYAC Pick-em Champion

Comment

Originally posted by 93GreatLaker View Post
              Just saw this. Very cool. I make an appearance at the 33 second mark, sitting on the boards listening to Coach Unger.
              And do you recall what he said?
              LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

Do we know who the new recruits are on campus? I'm sure someone has the inside info. Lou?
                http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

Originally posted by OSU2010 View Post
                  Do we know who the new recruits are on campus? I'm sure someone has the inside info. Lou?
                  not to much info coming down, I would think we would know who the exhibition game is against at least,hopefully not a pushover jr. team...as for recruits who knows...ps just back from OBX place is great..

Comment

Exhibition game is posted. CCHl graduateing All star team, (20 year olds). Jr. A league, Ottawa area.

I think Berry, Boyd, Sneath and Costello are on campus, all forwards.
                    Defense, Christopher Brun (Sweden) and the son of Curtis Joesph, Tristan Joseph.
                    Heard whisper of a goalie, but haven't seen anything yet.

Apparently Yorke, is not returning.

Comment

• Originally posted by coasttocoast View Post
                      Exhibition game is posted. CCHl graduateing All star team, (20 year olds). Jr. A league, Ottawa area.

Defense, Christopher Brun (Sweden) and the son of Curtis Joesph, Tristan Joseph.

Alas, poor Yorke. I knew him well!
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

• Re: Oswego State 2015 NCAA Playoff/Offseason Thread, 6th times the charm?

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        Alas, poor Yorke. I knew him well!
                        You're thinking of York......as in Jerry....not that there's anything wrong with that.
                        LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Saints17 View Post
                          You're thinking of York......as in Jerry....not that there's anything wrong with that.
                          CRIPES! Jerry's been gone for 35 years. Great guy and just riddled with bad luck in the CCT postseason.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by coasttocoast View Post

Thanks for the info: looks like some nice competition,and perhaps a few recruits sooner or later?? as for Costello evrything I have seen says hes a D-man not forward,played D at Army...Tristan Joseph,not much on him a few games in GMOHL???? as for the Swede Christopher Brun 6 3" 215lbs Dman...2013-14 USHL 30gp 0-2-2..2014-15 NAHL 55gp 1-8-9, 2good leagues probably a stay home dman with good size...Yorke will be missed some good #'s last yr solid 2way player hustler hitter,and tone setter,,,,that said we do have guys who will step-up...

Comment

Kristoffer Brun looks like a big body, stay at home defenseman which is something the team really needs. The Joeseph kid is only 18 and didn't play in any of the top Junior leagues but did play lacrosse and hockey with Connor McDavid. Yorke will be missed for a moment but there are guys that sat in the stands last year that can do his job so it wont be that big of a loss.

Comment

was also wondering if Sawyer is back didnt get to much time,and thought we may lose a few more forwards due to lack of PT,but I guess only Yorke is gone?? Joseph kid is 6'2' 195lbs so size will help as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X