Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Global War on Terror Version 7 - The Nightmare that Threatens the World!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Global War on Terror Version 7 - The Nightmare that Threatens the World!!!

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    If you breed out the sheepdogs and are left with just sheep, what happens when the wolves arrive?
    What happens when the wolves show up with cruise missiles for those exceptionally well trained sheep dogs clustered together?

Keeping weapons for fear of the government is foolish. Keeping a concealed carry weapon because criminals are amongst us, you have a solid point. There are countless stories out there about people defending themselves from attack. Specifically to the argument FlagDUDE's making, it's a bygone thought that no longer holds validity because the technology of ther government has outstripped the Constitution and they've already made it illegal for any of us to own RPGs or missile delivery systems, for one reason or another.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
      So sayeth one of the boys who cries wolf.
      CRIPES! If you don't believe the wolves are out there looking for the defenseless sheep, you're living in a fantasy world.

Let me pose you a question (not again!). Did you ever read Starship Troopers? If you did, what did you think of Heinlein's social commentary?
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: Global War on Terror Version 7 - The Nightmare that Threatens the World!!!

If you breed out the sheepdogs and are left with just sheep, what happens when the wolves arrive?
        John Wayne was an actor.

In reality, it's the self-appointed sheepdogs that do most of the damage in this world. No doubt Breivik thought he was a sheepdog. He did the job that needed to be done. What a hero.

We need some sheepdogs, which is why we have LEO who are trained and have to perform their function within carefully controlled procedures. The High Plains Drifter model of justice that so many masturbate to is just a movie. And if you want a movie, in real life the self-appointed sheepdogs are this guy.
        Last edited by Kepler; 08-19-2015, 09:39 AM.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          At one point in time that was very much the truth, but ever since the advent of the tank our rifles, machine guns and pistols won't do much against an Abrams tank or MRAP rolling down the street, should a tyrannical government form. Until the last five or ten years or so you could've made a somewhat convincing argument of holding out against an overreaching sheriff's department, but with the excess military equipment making its way down to law enforcement agencies that thought has become moot. It's now holding on to vestages of the past, clutching the false idea of freedom and security that comes with keeping those firearms at hand.
          You telling me you've never played Interstate '76 and used Aim-Nein Missiles?

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
            CRIPES! If you don't believe the wolves are out there looking for the defenseless sheep, you're living in a fantasy world.

Let me pose you a question (not again!). Did you ever read Starship Troopers? If you did, what did you think of Heinlein's social commentary?
            Do you really need me to explain the moral of the boy who cried wolf?Of course there are wolves out there. But that doesn't mean we need to cry wolf every time you see a dog, a fox, a cat, a raccoon, or a weasel.

If you want to be scared shiatless by the rest of the world, fine. But don't be surprised when many of the rest of us roll our eyes because we choose not to indulge your unreasonable fears.

And it's been a long time since I read it. From what I remember, his commentary was a load of crap. But I may be mixing the movie's satire with the book's commentary.

Comment

Did Pat Buchanon just tweet that?
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

No wonder the Middle East is a powder keg. And Russiaa mess.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...d?tid=HP_world
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Interesting head count on the Iran vote.

There's still almost a month to go before the vote. Anything can happen, including Bibi inciting another Intifada or two.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

....so apparently Iran is going to be inspecting themselves. The hell? I suddenly see snapback as a likely result.
                    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                      ....so apparently Iran is going to be inspecting themselves. The hell? I suddenly see snapback as a likely result.
                      I just checked myself for character flaws. I'm completely devoid of them.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

That investigation will probably end up just like domestic terrorist inspections. They'll find they did nothing wrong.

Comment

....so apparently Iran is going to be inspecting themselves.
                          Or not.
                          Cornell University

Comment

If I was Poland, I'd be closely watching my Eastern boulder.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...d?tid=HP_world
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              Ah yes... the objective journalistic site AntiWar.com has declared the article to be untrue. Let's see something more than a writer claiming the original author had no proof while not providing any proof of his own.

Comment

If I was Poland, I'd be closely watching my Eastern boulder.
                                No one gets my rock!
                                Originally posted by mookie1995
                                bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                                Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                                Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Working...
                                X