Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Global War on Terror Version 7 - The Nightmare that Threatens the World!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Global War on Terror Version 7 - The Nightmare that Threatens the World!!!

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    The Iranians respond to the 47 traitors

On a serious note, Iran's foreign minister did have a few things to passive-aggressively say about the letter and its authors:
    Stories like this make me wonder if anybody in the GOP has a functioning brain. Forget about their stated desire to undermine Obama, not only are they siding with the ayatollahs in Iran (the enemy of my enemy is my friend I guess), but they've also crossed our allies the British and the Germans. Two governments currently run by conservatives! Is Andrea Merkel a wuss who will cave to any Iranian demand?

McCain must be senile because he should have nipped this effort by a just seated freshman senator in the bud. Are foreign govts supposed to negotiate with 100 senators from now on? Why not the 435 House members as well? What idiots! If the Republican party didn't exist we'd have to invent them just for laughs.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
      As of several years ago, 75% of health costs went to treat chronic diseases--COPD, heart disease, diabetes, etc. WW will know more about that, I suspect.
      A difficult and nuanced issue to unpack. Here might be a decent start.

"Eighty-four percent of all health care spending in 2006 was for the 50% of the population who have one or more chronic medical conditions."
      http://www.cdc.gov/chronicdisease/overview/index.htm

As an aside, proper advanced directives, and early and open access (and removing the stigma) to palliative care do wonders for reducing costs of chronic conditions/end of life care.
      In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
      I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post
        As an aside, proper advanced directives, and early and open access (and removing the stigma) to palliative care do wonders for reducing costs of chronic conditions/end of life care.
        Hear, hear.

But I guess that means I'm in favor of death panels or something.
        If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

You know there are other threads to discuss the health care bs...does it needs to spew over in a thread about global war?
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            You know there are other threads to discuss the health care bs...does it needs to spew over in a thread about global war?
            Well, with Iran and Saudi Arabia it's more of a global nuclear war. Quick, someone start a game of tic-tac-toe and call Matthew Broderick!
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              Well, with Iran and Saudi Arabia it's more of a global nuclear war. Quick, someone start a game of tic-tac-toe and call Matthew Broderick!
              It's his day off.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

The arc of the moral universe may be getting ready to kick this little tinhorn ideologue out on his keister.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

What's one death squad from another?

Comment

What's one death squad from another?
                    Touche
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Well, it's practically created a war, albeit domestically. Some call Obummer the great divider, and if you look at the policy put into place since he got into national government (that includes the Senate), it's absolutely true.

Comment

As of several years ago, 75% of health costs went to treat chronic diseases--COPD, heart disease, diabetes, etc. WW will know more about that, I suspect.
                        Which is a different thing than what I was talking about, although elderly care and especially end of life care certainly has some overlap with chronic disease treatment.
                        Originally posted by Priceless
                        Good to see you're so reasonable.
                        Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                        Very well, said.
                        Originally posted by Rover
                        A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          Some call Obummer the great divider
                          "Some" being "People who have hated him pathologically from literally the moment he took office."
                          Cornell University
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            "Some" being "People who have hated him pathologically from literally the moment he took office."
                            Naw, he's just another of the litany of current politicians who aren't interested in consensus and push their agenda with little thought of compromise. He's just by far the most high profile, being President and all, so he sets the tone more than anyone else.
                            Very well, said.
                            A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                              Naw, he's just another of the litany of current politicians who aren't interested in consensus and push their agenda with little thought of compromise. He's just by far the most high profile, being President and all, so he sets the tone more than anyone else.
                              What you see depends on where you sit, I guess. I think Obama had the patience of a saint dealing with the GOP the first two years. He did finally give up trying to negotiate with them, but it warranted -- the national GOP thinks negotiation is weak and compromise is sinful.
                              Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                What you see depends on where you sit, I guess. I think Obama had the patience of a saint dealing with the GOP the first two years. He did finally give up trying to negotiate with them, but it warranted -- the national GOP thinks negotiation is weak and compromise is sinful.
                                Yes, a different seat can definitely have a different perspective. I'd expect a fervent Obama supporter to say what you say. From my perspective, his wanting to work together was never serious and people who bought into it were naïve or partisan. His condescending attitude toward those who have a different perspective than his has always been at or near the surface.
                                Very well, said.
                                A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Working...
                                X