Bentley Begins Process to Build On-Campus Rink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bentley Begins Process to Build On-Campus Rink

Steel supports now up for external walls; will look for links to some photos.

Comment

Pictures would be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz View Post
        Pictures would be awesome.

http://www.bentley.edu/about/arena/m...uction-updates

Still no construction photos posted at the link (such as the structural steel), but here is a summary of March 2017 punch list:

• Installed underground plumbing piping inside the building footprint at east and south sides of building.
        • Installed underground electrical conduit at north and south ends of building.
        • Backfilled retaining walls at west and south sides of building.
        • Poured raker beam footings at south and west side of building.
        Began structural steel erection at west side of building.
        • Excavation and manhole installation for electrical and fiber optic cable feeds to building.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
          http://www.bentley.edu/about/arena/m...uction-updates

Still no construction photos posted at the link (such as the structural steel), but here is a summary of March 2017 punch list:

• Installed underground plumbing piping inside the building footprint at east and south sides of building.
          • Installed underground electrical conduit at north and south ends of building.
          • Backfilled retaining walls at west and south sides of building.
          • Poured raker beam footings at south and west side of building.
          • Began structural steel erection at west side of building.
          • Excavation and manhole installation for electrical and fiber optic cable feeds to building.
          Exciting times for the Bentley Falcons. The school might consider a web cam set up in one of their academic buildings facing the construction site for the new rink. Call it the Falcon Nest Cam or something like that and provide a link for all to access. Great PR. RIT did something similar and it was great to check the cam daily to see how the construction of the Tigers new rink was proceeding.
          RPI Engineers
          RIT Tigers
          ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
            Exciting times for the Bentley Falcons. The school might consider a web cam set up in one of their academic buildings facing the construction site for the new rink. Call it the Falcon Nest Cam or something like that and provide a link for all to access. Great PR. RIT did something similar and it was great to check the cam daily to see how the construction of the Tigers new rink was proceeding.
            Great idea, Downstate; I will pass it along to the powers at be.

Comment

A beam for the arena will be outside of the Bentley south campus entrance by the fire pit from April 13 to April 20. Students, staff, and faculty are encouraged to sign this beam, which will be installed at the Topping Off Ceremony at 3 pm on April 21, 2017, at the Farm Lot on Lower Campus.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                A beam for the arena will be outside of the Bentley south campus entrance by the fire pit from April 13 to April 20. Students, staff, and faculty are encouraged to sign this beam, which will be installed at the Topping Off Ceremony at 3 pm on April 21, 2017, at the Farm Lot on Lower Campus.
                Ceremony still on 3 pm today, rain or shine; free food and T-shirts!

Comment

The ceremony was a nice touch, but comically enough they didn't actually lay the final beam. Just lifted it high in the air with American flags on it and put it back down where it was. It was a really nice feeling, as part of the Top Shelf, to see a lot of hard work materialized. All of the nice comments during the speeches were also very nice to hear . Can't wait til opening day in the new rink!

Comment

• Originally posted by acohen527 View Post
                    The ceremony was a nice touch, but comically enough they didn't actually lay the final beam. Just lifted it high in the air with American flags on it and put it back down where it was. It was a really nice feeling, as part of the Top Shelf, to see a lot of hard work materialized. All of the nice comments during the speeches were also very nice to hear . Can't wait til opening day in the new rink!
                    Maybe it was a metaphorical beam? :-)

Too bad that Bentley is not posting construction photos on its home page as was done for arena construction at RIT, Omaha, Penn State, and others.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                      Maybe it was a metaphorical beam? :-)

Too bad that Bentley is not posting construction photos on its home page as was done for arena construction at RIT, Omaha, Penn State, and others.
                      Check out @bentleyufacilities on Instagram, they have been posting picture updates pretty often.

Comment

Originally posted by acohen527 View Post
                        Check out @bentleyufacilities on Instagram, they have been posting picture updates pretty often.
                        Thanks, 527.

For non-Instagram users, here is a YouTube vid, just posted this afternoon, I think.

https://youtu.be/3UUQRh39pwI

Comment

Thanks, 527.

For non-Instagram users, here is a YouTube vid, just posted this afternoon, I think.

https://youtu.be/3UUQRh39pwI
                          I watched the video, thanks for the link. They obvious have a camera set up, so why not live stream it 24/7? BU did when they were building Agganis and it was great to be able to look in anytime.

Sean
                          Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                          Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                          BU Hockey highlights and extras
                          NCAA Hockey Financials
                          Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                          I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                            I watched the video, thanks for the link. They obvious have a camera set up, so why not live stream it 24/7? BU did when they were building Agganis and it was great to be able to look in anytime.

Sean
                            A good friend who works for one of the major construction firms in the Boston area told me that a live stream is problematic for legal reasons (ex., if something bad happens on site, etc.), which makes sense to me.

Comment

A good friend who works for one of the major construction firms in the Boston area told me that a live stream is problematic for legal reasons (ex., if something bad happens on site, etc.), which makes sense to me.
                              It doesn't make sense to me. They obviously recorded the work, even if it was not live streamed, so I'd think the same problematic legal reasons still exist in regards to the recording.

Sean
                              Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                              Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                              BU Hockey highlights and extras
                              NCAA Hockey Financials
                              Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                              I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                                It doesn't make sense to me. They obviously recorded the work, even if it was not live streamed, so I'd think the same problematic legal reasons still exist in regards to the recording.

Sean
                                Time lapse can be post-processed/edited, whereas livestream cannot, I think. Just going with what those in construction industry told me.

Comment

Working...
                                X