• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bentley Begins Process to Build On-Campus Rink

Video Update:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NR_7tqWpzM&sns=em
    Bentley University Hockey
    On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

• Originally posted by schiegs View Post
      Thanks for posting latest vid, schiegs.

First LEED Platinum arena is impressive. There was talk early on that even LEED Gold might be out of reach.

Another win by Bentley on Friday night, 6-2 over AIC in Springfield, gives the Falcons four straight. Next up Big Green in Hanover, where Dartmouth will be trying to crawl out of 60th in PWR, same place that Bentley was mired just two weeks ago.

Comment

A little birdie told me that opening night for the new barn will be the Feb 16th & 17th series vs. Army, making the prior weekend vs. Air Force the send off series for the JAR.

@BentleyTopShelf

Comment

• Originally posted by The Top Shelf View Post
          A little birdie told me that opening night for the new barn will be the Feb 16th & 17th series vs. Army, making the prior weekend vs. Air Force the send off series for the JAR.
          Better late than never, as they say. I am hoping that we get home ice in the first round (or, second round should we catch fire in the second half), as I will out of the country in February.

Comment

Thanks for the update. I'll be there for the last game against AIC.
            Bentley University Hockey
            On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

• Originally posted by schiegs View Post
              Looks like it is going to be a great arena.

Comment

Gloria makes it official! February 16th versus Air Force. There will be a open house on Thursday the 15th for students, faculty and staff to visit/tour the new facility!

@BentleyTopShelf

Comment

Originally posted by The Top Shelf View Post
                  Gloria makes it official! February 16th versus Air Force. There will be a open house on Thursday the 15th for students, faculty and staff to visit/tour the new facility!
                  Gloria's Announcement:

Dear Members of the Bentley Community,

After years of planning, preparing, and building, the Bentley Arena is almost ready to open its doors! I am excited to be the first one to share the news: the official opening of the arena will be on Thursday, February 15, 2018, when students, faculty and staff will be invited to an open house and tour of the new facility. The next night, February 16, we’ll drop the puck at center ice for our first home hockey game in the new arena. I hope you will make it to one of the first three games at the end of February.

As we prepare to open this new building, I could not be more proud of the members of our community who worked so hard to make this vision into a reality. The new LEED-certified, environmentally-friendly arena will provide a state-of-the-art center for our Division 1 hockey team and a venue for concerts, career fairs, alumni events, prominent speakers and other events. This signature facility marks Bentley’s continued rise as a future-focused, nationally-recognized business university, showcasing our commitment to student life and the well-being of all of our stakeholders—students, athletes, faculty, staff, alumni and the Waltham community.

We have and will continue to invest in the important strategic initiatives of this university that raise academic quality and provide the vibrant, campus-based student experience that has become a hallmark of a Bentley education.

Stay tuned for more information in the coming weeks about the open house on February 15 and ticket sales for the first hockey games in the new Bentley Arena.

All my best,

Gloria

@BentleyTopShelf

Comment

Opening against Army, as Air Force will be final two games at the JAR the previous weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                      Opening against Army, as Air Force will be final two games at the JAR the previous weekend.
                      Right date, wrong team. Good catch!

@BentleyTopShelf

Comment

Nice article on USCHO home page about new Bentley arena by our own play-by-play radio guy and AHA columnist Dan Rubin.

Comment

AFA, there's a team worth driving down to Watertown to root against!
                          RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

• Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                            AFA, there's a team worth driving down to Watertown to root against!
                            AFA fans always outnumber Bentley fans at the JAR, so please come root for our local Falcons!

Comment

AFA fans always outnumber Bentley fans at the JAR, so please come root for our local Falcons!
                              Surely that wouldn't be the case for the last games at the rink?

Powers &8^]

Comment

• Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                                Surely that wouldn't be the case for the last games at the rink?

Powers &8^]
                                Lot of AFA fans in the area, with Hanscom just up the road.

Comment

Working...
                                X