X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2015-2016 Coaching Changes

Originally posted by 123kidd View Post
    Rob! Welcome to the forum.
    Both Potters have extensive coaching resumes, but husband Rob has bounced around a bit. If UMD (or any other school) were to hire Jenny, would they be getting a "two for one" deal? If Rob were to follow Jenny in her career path, would that introduce any further complications?

http://www.ihigh.com/crimsonhockey/c...age_13399.html
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by 123kidd View Post
      Rob! Welcome to the forum.
      That's either brilliantly perceptive or hilarious. Both? No. But either way, great job.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
        That's either brilliantly perceptive or hilarious. Both? No. But either way, great job.

Check my prior posts. I must confess, I wish I was as good of a Power Ball prognosticator as I was regarding Coach Potter. No I am not her husband or a relative. I am a Trinity Alum and have never set foot in Minnesota although I would like to go fishing there sometime soon! Sorry to disavow your theory. In fact, I have never met the Coach, Rob or her two children. I have only admired her body of work , ethic and leadership as a true beacon for women's hockey for almost the past 20 years. Check out her WIKI page. Is there any more decorated woman's player in the history of USA Hockey?

You can't fake passion nor can you fake being a moral role model (not for long anyway). Potter is the real deal. Whether she wants to Coach at the D1 level or not, it's great that she's leading the lady bantams to the NCAA's tonight and I hope they upset Elmira!

GO TRINITY!

Comment

Originally posted by Trinity11 View Post

Check my prior posts. I must confess, I wish I was as good of a Power Ball prognosticator as I was regarding Coach Potter. No I am not her husband or a relative. I am a Trinity Alum and have never set foot in Minnesota although I would like to go fishing there sometime soon! Sorry to disavow your theory. In fact, I have never met the Coach, Rob or her two children. I have only admired her body of work , ethic and leadership as a true beacon for women's hockey for almost the past 20 years. Check out her WIKI page. Is there any more decorated woman's player in the history of USA Hockey?

You can't fake passion nor can you fake being a moral role model (not for long anyway). Potter is the real deal. Whether she wants to Coach at the D1 level or not, it's great that she's leading the lady bantams to the NCAA's tonight and I hope they upset Elmira!

GO TRINITY!
          I would love to have been able to get out to Pine Valley for this one! It is almost 5 years to the day since Trinity last visited Pine Valley for an NCAA quarter-final: I made that trip and remember Colman-McGaw scored at :34 of the 1st and for a bit it looked like Iwachiw would make that stand up. The Soaring Eagles better not take the Bantams too lightly!!!
          Last edited by obserbear; 03-14-2015, 08:27 AM. Reason: memories

Comment

Potter has done a remarkable job in two years time winning the NESCAC championship. Remember this year is her 1st recruiting class. Last year she inherited a team that had played for 3 prior coaches. To the extent that some of her seniors were less than willing to be held accountable, then that's on them, not the coach. This year, the team has bought what Jenny is selling and as a result, they are now Champions. So let's see...hire one of the most decorated and toughest players to ever play the game; let her put in her system and instill a work ethic to her players; watch them buy in and adopt what the coach is teaching them; watch them become accountable to themselves, their coach and their teammates; watch them win. What is there to critique? IMO Potter should still be playing on the national and Olympic team. Had she been on the ice the last minute against Canada at the last Olympiad, USA would have had another Gold medal. The decision to keep her off was that of a coach who IMO melted down under pressure and forgot (or did not have the ability to coach the last 3 minutes of a Gold medal game)...as Herbie said, she will take that fiasco to her grave.

In any event, can Potter lead a D 1 Team to prominence...ABSOLUTELY!!! A role model, mom of two and someone who can recruit and then most importantly, develop players over their 4 years, if UMD or OSU were smart and wise enough to hire her, they would be at the top of woman's hockey in 3 years time. Perhaps sooner if she can find a stud goalie to brick up the crease.

As for your haters out there, you know not of what you write. She's smart demanding passionate and accountable. The essence of what our great country was once built on. Characteristics to be celebrated not criticized!!!!!
            She probably could be a good D1 coach. I don't think in MN, she comes with a lot of baggage. Some on here have her as a prospect for UMD. As far as her playing more, NO. To old, to slow, to small, to irrelevant. She should stick to coaching and making $.

Comment

Originally posted by Call It View Post
              She probably could be a good D1 coach. I don't think in MN, she comes with a lot of baggage. Some on here have her as a prospect for UMD. As far as her playing more, NO. To old, to slow, to small, to irrelevant. She should stick to coaching and making $.

Looked pretty good playing against Montreal two weeks ago. Scored a goal. played hard and was am impact player for the Boston Blades all at age 36. As for alleged "baggage" not true...in fact BS. The problem with anonymity is that innuendo and outright lies flourish in this environment. The only baggage she has is a steamer trunk full of Gold, Silver and Bronze medals, MVP Awards and Championships!

Comment

Potter has done a remarkable job in two years time winning the NESCAC championship. Remember this year is her 1st recruiting class. Last year she inherited a team that had played for 3 prior coaches. To the extent that some of her seniors were less than willing to be held accountable, then that's on them, not the coach. This year, the team has bought what Jenny is selling and as a result, they are now Champions. So let's see...hire one of the most decorated and toughest players to ever play the game; let her put in her system and instill a work ethic to her players; watch them buy in and adopt what the coach is teaching them; watch them become accountable to themselves, their coach and their teammates; watch them win. What is there to critique? IMO Potter should still be playing on the national and Olympic team. Had she been on the ice the last minute against Canada at the last Olympiad, USA would have had another Gold medal. The decision to keep her off was that of a coach who IMO melted down under pressure and forgot (or did not have the ability to coach the last 3 minutes of a Gold medal game)...as Herbie said, she will take that fiasco to her grave.

In any event, can Potter lead a D 1 Team to prominence...ABSOLUTELY!!! A role model, mom of two and someone who can recruit and then most importantly, develop players over their 4 years, if UMD or OSU were smart and wise enough to hire her, they would be at the top of woman's hockey in 3 years time. Perhaps sooner if she can find a stud goalie to brick up the crease.

As for your haters out there, you know not of what you write. She's smart demanding passionate and accountable. The essence of what our great country was once built on. Characteristics to be celebrated not criticized!!!!!
                She might be a candidate but likely a better fit at UMD where her name alone would make UMD a very good option for any top recruit coming out of Minnesota. As for a stud goalie, both schools are blessed with top goaltending and the focus for any coach at either school will be to shore up the offense. Both teams showed a solid defensive game however both struggled to score against upper level competition. My take is that Potter would be more than thrilled to be given a D1 opportunity. She's a competitor and as a competitor, you want to be with the best.

Comment

GO TRINITY!
                  Fine reply. And there was nothing wrong with your original post; it's just that 123kidd's take was LOL funny.

While I'm at it, best of luck to Trinity!

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                    She might be a candidate but likely a better fit at UMD where her name alone would make UMD a very good option for any top recruit coming out of Minnesota. As for a stud goalie, both schools are blessed with top goaltending and the focus for any coach at either school will be to shore up the offense. Both teams showed a solid defensive game however both struggled to score against upper level competition. My take is that Potter would be more than thrilled to be given a D1 opportunity. She's a competitor and as a competitor, you want to be with the best.
                    She probably would be a better fit for UMD but I am sure she could win here and get Ohio State's program to the next level. Would love to get a coach like Jenny Potter here, but I'll believe it when it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                      Didn't she apply for a D1 job last year after being at Trinity for only one season? I can see her applying for all three open positions in the WCHA.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                        Didn't she apply for a D1 job last year after being at Trinity for only one season? I can see her applying for all three open positions in the WCHA.
                        If she does in fact apply for the Ohio State job, I sincerely hope the OSU Athletic Department is smart enough to bring her on board. I've been bashing the athletic department's treatment of hockey lately (and rightly so), but they have made some home run hires in the past with some of our other sports, so maybe they will come through for our women's hockey program in this instance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hux View Post
                          Well, with those other DII programs (plus D1 Holy Cross & Sacred Heart) in DIII of course.
                          And if they have 6 teams the conference gets an AQ into the NCAA women's national collegiate championship .
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Whether she wants to Coach at the D1 level or not, ....
                            Seems to be some ignorance of recent Jenny Potter coaching history amongst some on the forum. She applied to all open D1 positions last off-season and was listed on the website as an interviewed candidate at St Cloud along with her resume (evidently required because it is a state school). She NEVER wanted to be a D3 coach - she only took the Trinity job because they and she were desperate and she was not able to get another job (especially in MN) because of the very real baggage she carries (yes - it exists especially in MN). She was trying to get out of Trinity last off-season, so there is no question she wants to be a D1 coach. I would guess that Trinity's success this season will make her more attractive for schools this off-season. I'd be SHOCKED if she was still at Trinity next season.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                              Yes but what league is going to take them? Surely not the ECAC east? Maybe this is the ECAC east's chance to say goodbye to Saint Anselm, Saint Michael's, Holy Cross and Franklin Pierce and they can join a league with Post and SAcred Heart.
                              I can't imagine Norwich would be in favor of that. Other than Holy Cross, St Anselm, and potentially Franklin Pierce, who else in the east really plays Norwich competitively?

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
                                Seems to be some ignorance of recent Jenny Potter coaching history amongst some on the forum. She applied to all open D1 positions last off-season and was listed on the website as an interviewed candidate at St Cloud along with her resume (evidently required because it is a state school). She NEVER wanted to be a D3 coach - she only took the Trinity job because they and she were desperate and she was not able to get another job (especially in MN) because of the very real baggage she carries (yes - it exists especially in MN). She was trying to get out of Trinity last off-season, so there is no question she wants to be a D1 coach. I would guess that Trinity's success this season will make her more attractive for schools this off-season. I'd be SHOCKED if she was still at Trinity next season.
                                I agree with everything you just typed.

Comment

Working...
                                X