Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UAA: Patiently Waiting For Next Season, Every Season...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA: Patiently Waiting For Next Season, Every Season...

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
    Charlie Sokaitis is gonna be the new color commentator.
    LOL! bull pucky. He just took a job in Green Bay, WI a couple of months ago. Are you saying he's back already?

Got an email today from UAA saying the Farg reno is still under way and is going very well. Hackett also said there were a pair of "very big announcements" related to UAA hockey coming out in the next few weeks. My guess would be they are announcing a new color guy to pair with David Tuttle, and a new arena announcer.
    I dunno Suze. It's exciting to find out who Tuttle's sidekick will be, but wow.. does a new color guy selection really rise to the level of a "very big announcement"?

As far as arena announcer, no Lyle Woods? :0(

My guess on the color guy is Mike Scott.

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaRox View Post
      LOL! bull pucky. He just took a job in Green Bay, WI a couple of months ago. Are you saying he's back already?
      Ruiner!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaRox View Post

I dunno Suze. It's exciting to find out who Tuttle's sidekick will be, but wow.. does a new color guy selection really rise to the level of a "very big announcement"?

As far as arena announcer, no Lyle Woods? :0(

My guess on the color guy is Mike Scott.
        I think Tuott would be great as well, but he is a fireman so would that fit into his schedule? Scott would be great too. So would Zaporzan. I heard Woods would be stepping down, personal family issues. And no, that probably doesn't rise to the level of a very big announcement. LOL
        Originally Posted by aparch
        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Ruiner!!!
          Really? It's been well known Charlie left Alaska for Green Bay.
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
            I had no idea. But I don't watch much TV. First sunscreen now this ... 2 strikes.

Comment

I had no idea. But I don't watch much TV. First sunscreen now this ... 2 strikes.
              Oh no! 3 and you're out!

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Charlie Sokaitis is gonna be the new color commentator.
                Ew.
                Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                  Can you just imagine, Charlie literally doing color commentary via phone from Green Bay? I could see him mispronouncing names left and right five to ten seconds behind the play.
                  Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                    Really? People still watch KTUU?
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

It's better than channel 11!!!

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

It's better than channel 11!!!
                        Respectfully disagree with that.
                        I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                          Can you just imagine, Charlie literally doing color commentary via phone from Green Bay? I could see him mispronouncing names left and right five to ten seconds behind the play.
                          Not bad for a guy who grew up in _airbanks ,nothing like "The Northern Star" who calls somebody "Team Mate" on almost every shift.
                          Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                          UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                            Respectfully disagree with that.
                            Okay, we will agree to disagree. But when Channel 11 went to an hour long broadcast, they brought in a ton of people from the lower 48. Pffft.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Okay, we will agree to disagree. But when Channel 11 went to an hour long broadcast, they brought in a ton of people from the lower 48. Pffft.
                              Significantly better than listening to Mike Ross drone on or Jackie Purcell give another "weather report". And their sports? *shudder* *ing terrible.
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

has anyone heard if Sean MacTavish is in town? I think I read that they are supposed to be in town this week. Just curious, he has not been added to the roster.
                                GO SEAWOLVES!!

Comment

Working...
                                X