Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>>>> RIT TIGERS - Roaring into the postseason <<<<<

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
    I, for one, would love to see RIT beat Air Force in the playoffs.

Powers &8^]
    You may get your wish unless Holy Cross can score more than 2-3 goals a game in this series.
    R I T HOCKEY
    Frozen Four
    Elite Eight
    NCAA Tournament
    2010-2015-2016
    RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

Originally posted by Rochester View Post
      You may get your wish unless Holy Cross can score more than 2-3 goals a game in this series.

But this would be the year where the Tigers should sweep AFA so bring them on!
      RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
        Brady Norish was a unanimous all-rookie selection for Atlantic Hockey. He was the only RIT player to make the team.
        This is fitting. Brady was one of our better players on the team, not just among the freshmen. No other freshmen really stand out to me as being difference makers yet, though his twin brother is probably the next best one. I think Mikowsky has potential but it'll depend how he's utilized.
        RIT

Comment

Congrats to the lady Tigers!
          RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by lmg6841 View Post
            So two questions:

Is there going to be a group welcoming the bus back from Erie?

Are the women's quarters normally broadcast on TV?

Powers &8^]

Comment

I just saw that Canisius and the Harbor Center are offering Fan (family) Ticket Packs for the AHC tournament. Four tickets, four hot dogs, two Harbor Center pucks, and a bucket of popcorn for $40.

Is RIT offering anything like this?
              Question is does anyone in Buffalo know it, I live here, but have no heard anything about any specials for Canisius games...
              Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
              The Mule
              Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                Question is does anyone in Buffalo know it, I live here, but have no heard anything about any specials for Canisius games...
                I'm wondering how they are offering it since ticket revenue from the playoffs goes to the league, not to the schools.

Comment

I'm not so sure I want to play Air Force anymore...they have a 10 spot and counting against AIC tonight after scoring 6 of them last night. Meanwhile Holy Cross is struggling not to get swept by Niagara.
                  RIT

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                    I'm not so sure I want to play Air Force anymore...they have a 10 spot and counting against AIC tonight after scoring 6 of them last night. Meanwhile Holy Cross is struggling not to get swept by Niagara.
                    10 goals is hard to do with any team... I'll take a struggling Holy Cross team any day. After a three game series they're going to be a little drained for next week. Let's hope they can beat Niagara!
                    R I T HOCKEY
                    Frozen Four
                    Elite Eight
                    NCAA Tournament
                    2010-2015-2016
                    RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

Congrats to the Lady Tigers indeed! I'm going to be honest here, I thought this season was done come the last game of the regular season for them. Binnington has been on fire. The Tigers have been out shot in every game by far this post season and she keeps them in the game! Anything can happen this post season.
                      R I T HOCKEY
                      Frozen Four
                      Elite Eight
                      NCAA Tournament
                      2010-2015-2016
                      RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

This is fitting. Brady was one of our better players on the team, not just among the freshmen. No other freshmen really stand out to me as being difference makers yet, though his twin brother is probably the next best one. I think Mikowsky has potential but it'll depend how he's utilized.
                        I've been impressed with the freshmen class as a whole but Golberg and Powell in particular - they've both got serious hustle. Golberg's been playing great and his ice time has been increasing steadily as a result. I expect him to play a big role in the team's success the next few years. There have been times I've seen four freshmen out there at once, in tough/important situations, against tough opponents, and they're doing better than just holding their own. OT last weekend was one of those times - Powell, Golberg, Norrish, and Amlong were out there (with Cameron) with less than a minute to go in OT and home ice advantage on the line. That says a lot. I think there's a lot to be excited about these next three years.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
                          I'm wondering how they are offering it since ticket revenue from the playoffs goes to the league, not to the schools.
                          Subsidize it? Anything to get fans in the seats, right?
                          Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                          College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                          Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
                          Men's Frozen Four 2010
                          Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                          Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Rochester View Post
                            Congrats to the Lady Tigers indeed! I'm going to be honest here, I thought this season was done come the last game of the regular season for them. Binnington has been on fire. The Tigers have been out shot in every game by far this post season and she keeps them in the game! Anything can happen this post season.
                            It's not just Binnington, at least according to her. The skaters are doing a good job of keeping shots to the outside and letting her see them.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                              It's not just Binnington, at least according to her. The skaters are doing a good job of keeping shots to the outside and letting her see them.

Powers &8^]
                              Well of course she's not going to say "Yeah, it's all me" but I think we all know that most of the ladies huge upsets have come because of Binnington. She's stood on her head time and again in big games and is one of the nation's best goalies. It will be tough to replace her, that's for sure.
                              RIT

Comment

Well of course she's not going to say "Yeah, it's all me" but I think we all know that most of the ladies huge upsets have come because of Binnington. She's stood on her head time and again in big games and is one of the nation's best goalies. It will be tough to replace her, that's for sure.
                                Sure, she doesn't allow soft goals. She's absolutely money. But with the skill of some of the shooters around D-I, even the best goalies could get hung out to dry if her D didn't keep those shots outside.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Working...
                                X