Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: >>>>> RIT TIGERS - Roaring into the postseason <<<<<

Originally posted by Rochester View Post
    So you're telling me we're playing Army!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCFB2akLh4s
    You joke, but the idea of Air Force being knocked out by AIC brings a a huge grin to my face.
    RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by Rochester View Post
      So you're telling me we're playing Army!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCFB2akLh4s
      If that's the case, my AHC Play-off pick'em will be just as bad as the season one, yikes!
      RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Let's stir up some discussion. RIT was picked as CHN's team of the week (and the article clearly shows why USCHO is superior - CHN says RIT is the 4th seed, and will host Mercyhurst in the quarterfinals, which we know isn't true).

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...e_week_rit.php

The part this is interesting (noting that by Lakers, they mean TBD)...
        According to Wilson, he's unsure which will play against the Lakers.

"They've actually both played really well," he said. "We got into a little bit of rotating. Then, it was them playing if the other guy lost a game. It's a little bit gut, a little how they're playing the practice. Different nights, different guys are playing well. Sometimes, it's who you're playing well against in the past.

"We;ll wait until next week to make that decision, which is not me trying to hide anything. We really don't know. ... Ruby's stats are outstanding, and Mike is finding ways to win."
        Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
        College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
        Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
        Men's Frozen Four 2010
        Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
        Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

At this stage of the game, you have to go with the goalie who finds a way to win. To me, Rotolo has earned the nod with his play in the last 3 games - especially the Mercyhurst games. To only allow 1 goal in playoff type games is important.
          2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
          2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
          2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
          2010 Frozen Four participant
          2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
            At this stage of the game, you have to go with the goalie who finds a way to win. To me, Rotolo has earned the nod with his play in the last 3 games - especially the Mercyhurst games. To only allow 1 goal in playoff type games is important.
            Rotolo was that guy last year too and we all know how the trip to Holy Cross worked out for the team. I agree that he's the goalie to start against team 'X' but hope he can keep it together for the entire series to move the Tigers along to the BCA.
            RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
              rotolo was that guy last year too and we all know how the trip to holy cross worked out for the team. I agree that he's the goalie to start against team 'x' but hope he can keep it together for the entire series to move the tigers along to the east regional.
              ftfy
              RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by lmg6841 View Post
                ftfy
                Probably the west regional, at least for now. RMU is in bracketology this week because they won the regular season, and were placed in the West regional (hosted by North Dakota, the #1 seed for now.).
                Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
                Men's Frozen Four 2010
                Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Rotolo was that guy last year too and we all know how the trip to Holy Cross worked out for the team. I agree that he's the goalie to start against team 'X' but hope he can keep it together for the entire series to move the Tigers along to the BCA.
                  Joe Venniro pointed out that Rotolo is 8-1-1 in his last ten starts.

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                    Agreed. The only stat that counts in playoffs is W-L.

Powers &8^]

Comment

• Re: >>>>> RIT TIGERS - Roaring into the postseason <<<<<

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
                      Probably the west regional, at least for now. RMU is in bracketology this week because they won the regular season, and were placed in the West regional (hosted by North Dakota, the #1 seed for now.).
                      Yeah, I was assuming the thought that RIT travel wells would factor in like last time (though maybe we were ranked higher than Huntsville.. IDK).
                      RIT Tigers

Comment

Yeah, I was assuming the thought that RIT travel wells would factor in like last time (though maybe we were ranked higher than Huntsville.. IDK).
                        RIT was the #15 seed. Huntsville was #16. I think it was a bonus that RIT was placed in a regional that was close enough for fans to attend - I think the committee factored more Cornell and UNH attendance over RIT. The only other thing that would factor is if a team has to fly (400 miles is the limit where it would be a flight). I think they would protect the #1 seed over adding a flight. Another factor to note is that the committee will avoid intra conference matchups in the tournament where possible.

Comment

Last year, the team got sick after game 1. It's hard to win when only half your team or so is healthy.

Comment

RIT was ranked higher than UAH that season. UAH came from "nowhere" to win the CHA auto-bid that season and take the # 16 seed, upsetting the apple cart and allowing the committee to place a well traveling mid-major closer to home to play the # 2 seed. That was supposedly more of a coincidence than anything. The bottom seeds (# 4 and somewhat # 3) generally don't get any consideration as far as accommodating their fans' travel plans. It was more of a perfect storm that allowed the Tigers to spend the entire 2010 tournament within 6 hours of Rochester. Only the # 1 seeds are placed in the closest regional to their home (in order of overall seeding 1 - 4) by design. DU got screwed a bit that season because the #1 Miami had to play in Fort Wayne while the committee chose to send # 3 Wisconsin to St. Paul instead of DU. That may well have been done for attendance purposes as Madison is so much closer to St. Paul than Denver, but normally they go in order and DU should have been sent to Minnesota instead of Albany.
                            Last edited by TigerFan86-87; 03-05-2015, 12:03 PM.
                            Can't we all just get along?
                            Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

CollegeHockeyNews has advanced stats for the NCAA, interesting to see where RIT ranks in some of these...

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/stats/#adv
                              RIT

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                                RIT was ranked higher than UAH that season. UAH came from "nowhere" to win the CHA auto-bid that season and take the # 16 seed, upsetting the apple cart and allowing the committee to place a well traveling mid-major closer to home to play the # 2 seed. That was supposedly more of a coincidence than anything. The bottom seeds (# 4 and somewhat # 3) generally don't get any consideration as far as accommodating their fans' travel plans. It was more of a perfect storm that allowed the Tigers to spend the entire 2010 tournament within 6 hours of Rochester. Only the # 1 seeds are placed in the closest regional to their home (in order of overall seeding 1 - 4) by design. DU got screwed a bit that season because the #1 Miami had to play in Fort Wayne while the committee chose to send # 3 Wisconsin to St. Paul instead of DU. That may well have been done for attendance purposes as Madison is so much closer to St. Paul than Denver, but normally they go in order and DU should have been sent to Minnesota instead of Albany.
                                Also, once the NCAA determines you have a flight, you can be sent anywhere if they think other teams will not if you are a #1 seed. DU would have had a flight to any regional.

Comment

Working...
                                X