>>>>> RIT TIGERS - Roaring into the postseason <<<<<

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
    Does that mean you hibernate from May to September?
    I somnambulate.

Comment

• Re: >>>>> RIT TIGERS - Roaring into the postseason <<<<<

Looks like Army is reverting back to the Cadets. Not a huge fan of the old logo, so hopefully they come up with something more creative.

http://news.sportslogos.net/2015/04/...new-logo-mule/
      RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by lmg6841 View Post
        Looks like Army is reverting back to the Cadets. Not a huge fan of the old logo, so hopefully they come up with something more creative.

http://news.sportslogos.net/2015/04/...new-logo-mule/
        The "Cadets" and the mule logo do make more sense. The logo could probably use some work, at least for the hockey jerseys. West Point has had a plethora of jerseys recently; I've seen white and black with the large "A" as the logo, as well as yellow, gray and blue with a knight as the logo. It will be interesting to see how they incorporate the mule. I actually don't have an Army Jersey as I normally wear my RIT jersey(s) no matter who Army plays. Once in a while I'll wear an RPI jersey on a Saturday night if RIT lost their Friday night game in an ugly way. I wear either an Amerks or USA jersey when the Russians or RMC visit Tate. As a kid I attended many football games at West Points Michie Stadium and later on as a middle school student worked in the concession stands as well. The turf was still real grass and the big teams (Nebraska, Notre Dame, Penn State, etc.) still visited Michie Stadium. Today when the bigger teams play Army it is usually at a larger capacity stadium like Yankee Stadium. Having the mules walking the sidelines of Michie Stadium was always a highlight although as a kid I always felt bad for the mules when the cannons were fired after Army scored. Air Force often brought falcons and as a kid it was fun watching them eat raw chicken when they were fed by their handlers. I haven't been to a football game in years so I don't know if the sideline traditions have changed all that much (I know the ticket prices have).

Army must have been thinking about this logo change for awhile. At one of the home hockey games at Tate this past season they had a mule mascot come out onto the ice between periods, ala Ritchie at RIT. The mule didn't skate very well, maybe the costume was top heavy, who knows, but the next time the mule was on the ice the mascot skated much better, so maybe there was a different skater in the mule costume. The mule then spent some time in the stands much to the delight of the younger fans. Maybe Atlantic Hockey could convince all the teams to have mascots on the ice and in the stands, keep the younger generation interested. Army as well as some of the other Atlantic teams should also make an effort to have a student pep band at ALL home games. Army does this for some of their bigger home games but not all. Atlantic Hockey schools need to take a bigger interest in their programs if they wish to see the league continue to grow. I will say Army has improved the fan experience over the last fews years. For me, as a fan, seeing Ritchie at RIT or Puckman at RPI is part of enjoying the college hockey experience not only for my generation but for future generations. I hope some more schools get on board with the idea.

Looking forward to seeing how the mule is incorporated into Army hockey.
        RPI Engineers
        RIT Tigers
        ARMY Black Knights

Comment

• With Ruby off to the ECHL and Garbowsky with the Amerks, haven't heard anything happening with McGowan. Any news?
          John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
          AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
          AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
          NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
          NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
          NCAA DII - 1983
          NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

• Story on the 2016-17 recruit Reed Delainey of the SJHL Batlefords North Stars. From this it appears that the Tigers were going head-to-head against Colgate.

http://www.newsoptimist.ca/sports/local-sports/north-stars-reed-delainey-commits-to-ncaa-rit-for-16-17-season-1.1707693
            John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
            AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
            AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
            NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
            NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
            NCAA DII - 1983
            NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

Originally posted by XCTiger View Post
              With Ruby off to the ECHL and Garbowsky with the Amerks, haven't heard anything happening with McGowan. Any news?
              I'm a little surprised by this as well. He put up gaudy numbers, and while some of it is the Garbowsky effect, I still figured his numbers (and RIT's national exposure in the regionals) would be enough to get at least an ECHL look.
              RIT

Comment

How is this years freshman class looking? Is this a strong year for recruiting?
                R I T HOCKEY
                Frozen Four
                Elite Eight
                NCAA Tournament
                2010-2015-2016
                RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

Originally posted by Rochester View Post
                  How is this years freshman class looking? Is this a strong year for recruiting?
                  My understanding from reading the boards here is that the class of 2019 is as promising on offense as the class of 2018 is on defense.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Please keep in mind none of this is official and just going off what has been posted on Junior team's site. Do not be surprise if there are any changes.

Incoming Class will be headlined by Liam Kerins a 6'1 Center from Bolton, ON. The 2014 OJHL First team selection averaged better than a point of a game in his Junior career. Nice Balance of 79 Goals and 83 Assists. Gabriel Valenzuela Averaged just under a point a game while playing for North York of the OJHL. Erik Brown from Peterborough, ON played a nice left wing for Kemptville of the CJHL and lite the lamp 70 times in his junior years and apparently was the 2012 EBJCHL Rookie of the Year. Abbott Girduckis a Right Winger from Belleville, ON found the back of the net 55 times in his Junior career while averaging 3 quarters of a point for Wellington of the OJHL. For you Penalty lovers out there, Alex Roberts spent 258 minutes of his 144 Junior games in the Naughty Box, but did score 44 goals and add 47 Assists for Brooks of the AJHL. The only Defensive recruit committed to RIT will not start till after this coming season.

Wild Cards: First in net will be Christian Short who just completed playing for Surrey. Short, a big 6'4 goaltender from Woodbridge, ON has been playing for one of the worst teams in the BCHL seeing a lot of rubber a night. His stats reflect how poorly his Junior team has played, but I have heard from more than one person in the know a lot of good things about his play. Don't worry Rotolo fans he won't start right away, but I think will be a legit option depending on how the season goes.

A big question mark is Anthony Repaci. The Toronto, ON native was suppose to be in Henrietta, NY this past year but return to play another season with his hometown Junior Canadians. A lot of rumors have been out there on this kid who has been removed from RIT recruiting lists on some sites and kept on others. In an interview on Dec 7th, 2014 he still said he mention he was committed to RIT and kind of talked like he was still going (link below). If he does become a Tiger he would come in with the best Junior A Numbers which are very exciting. 157 GP, 92 Goals and 93 Assists better than a point per game. I had the chance to see him play and he looked like the real deal, thought he could have made an impact on this year team. There has been a post on the board from someone I don't know that he is not coming, but for now your guess is as good as mine. We will know when Wayne makes it officially usually in June.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGvIKvUUN-s

Fun Fact for the class, not one American...
                    Last edited by Tom Naeger; 04-08-2015, 02:01 PM.
                    Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                    The Mule
                    Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by XCTiger View Post
                      Story on the 2016-17 recruit Reed Delainey of the SJHL Batlefords North Stars. From this it appears that the Tigers were going head-to-head against Colgate.

http://www.newsoptimist.ca/sports/lo...ason-1.1707693
                      Total tuition and room and board fees for a full-time undergraduate at RIT for 2014-15 were over $47,000.
                      Has RIT gone up that much or is that a high number?
                      Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                      The Mule
                      Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                        Has RIT gone up that much or is that a high number?
                        That is the cost if you pay full price for everything including housing, meal plans, and fees but with scholarships and aid almost no one pays that much.
                        RIT Tigers

AHC Pickem Regular Season Co-Champion - 2016-2017

Comment

49K for the upcoming year at full price.

Grants will drop it down 10K but that's still a big price tag and not everybody gets grants and scholarships.
                          RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                            49K for the upcoming year at full price.

Grants will drop it down 10K but that's still a big price tag and not everybody gets grants and scholarships.
                            That's just absurd. I love RIT hockey, but I'll never advocate anyone going there unless it's for nearly free.
                            RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by lmg6841 View Post
                              That's just absurd. I love RIT hockey, but I'll never advocate anyone going there unless it's for nearly free.
                              "I think it should be a NICKLE" said Lucy

Comment

Believe it or not we are still below average tuition for private universities. At RPI that 49k would be tuition alone!
                                RIT Tigers

AHC Pickem Regular Season Co-Champion - 2016-2017

Comment

Working...
                                X