Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>>>> RIT TIGERS - Roaring into the postseason <<<<<

Originally posted by kwm4385 View Post
    Just in: the Amerks will be playing a preseason game against the Binghamton Senators at the GPC October 1st.http://www.ritathletics.com/news/201...901154344.aspx
    http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...falo/28440345/

I wonder if this had anything to do with this decision. Anyways, this is great news for the GPC.
    R I T HOCKEY
    Frozen Four
    Elite Eight
    NCAA Tournament
    2010-2015-2016
    RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

Originally posted by Rochester View Post
      I wonder if this had anything to do with this decision. Anyways, this is great news for the GPC.
      Probably not. The Amerks haven't been playing their preseason games at the Blue Cross Arena; they usually play at the Bill Gray's Regional Iceplex at MCC. The GPC is a great alternative venue.

Powers &8^]

Comment

I saw this posted on Facebook today... looks good!

Frozen in Time: The History of RIT Hockey, by Scott Pitoniak

http://ritpress.rit.edu/publications...it-hockey.html
        TIGERS HOCKEY
        Rochester Institute of Technology

Comment

Scott Pitoniak is an excellent writer. I still wish he hadn't been let go from the D&C. No one loves local sports more -- and very few people know more about the local sports scene.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Does the book include the 2014 - 15 season?

Comment

Originally posted by krg View Post
              Impossible to say. The last chapter is called "Home Sweet Home(s)" and looks like it covers the GPC, but it's impossible to say if it addresses what happened in February and March.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                Probably not. The Amerks haven't been playing their preseason games at the Blue Cross Arena; they usually play at the Bill Gray's Regional Iceplex at MCC. The GPC is a great alternative venue.

Powers &8^]
                While they have been improving the burgerplex its a dump compared to the GPC. Nice way to get some new people into the building as well
                RIT Tigers
                Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
                Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cplinford View Post
                  While they have been improving the burgerplex its a dump compared to the GPC. Nice way to get some new people into the building as well
                  What they should do is give away half off coupons to an RIT home game to everyone watching the Amerks at the GPC.
                  RIT Tigers

Comment

The draft I saw did not, but I saw it prior to the end of the season, so it may have been included later.

CL

Comment

Garbowsky played in the Sabres prospects game versus the Devils prospects, but was fairly unremarkable judging by post-game reports. Easily dominated by the Devils prospects, according to one.

Powers &8^]

Comment

He's also scratched from tonight's second game against the Bruins.
                        RIT Tigers

AHC Pickem Regular Season Co-Champion - 2016-2017

Comment

How does that explain the +1, which if you look at the game recap is actually an assist. I have to admit he's a much better player at the position he is used to playing, not sure why they put him on the wing.

Comment

Where were these negative reports? I did some quick searches and did not see anything written about him in regards to this game...

This really is just a great spot for him to gain experience, his real chance to make it is going to be this coming season in Rochester.
                            Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                            The Mule
                            Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

No more Record-A-Horn! A real, honest to goodness goal horn installed now according to yesterday's women's hockey tweet.
                              Only Tigers hockey!!!©

NCAA DI Regional Champions: East-2010 (3rd year eligible, 1st time in tournament!)

AHA Champions
                              Regular Season:
                              2007 (1st Season in Conference / 2nd Season in D1 / Did it with 40% D3 Recruits), '09, '10, '11
                              Tournament:
                              2010, 2015, 2016

RIT Men 9 time ECAC West Champions: 1984, 1986, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

2-time NCAA Champions: 1983 (DII), 1985 (DIII)!!!!

Elmira will forever Suck—Infinity!!

Comment

How does that explain the +1, which if you look at the game recap is actually an assist. I have to admit he's a much better player at the position he is used to playing, not sure why they put him on the wing.
                                No assist. He was just on the ice for the 5th Buffalo goal. Had 1 SOG in the 2nd, right in front, pass from behind the net, but couldn't put it in.
                                Last edited by Tiger98; 09-16-2015, 11:47 AM.
                                Only Tigers hockey!!!©

NCAA DI Regional Champions: East-2010 (3rd year eligible, 1st time in tournament!)

AHA Champions
                                Regular Season:
                                2007 (1st Season in Conference / 2nd Season in D1 / Did it with 40% D3 Recruits), '09, '10, '11
                                Tournament:
                                2010, 2015, 2016

RIT Men 9 time ECAC West Champions: 1984, 1986, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

2-time NCAA Champions: 1983 (DII), 1985 (DIII)!!!!

Elmira will forever Suck—Infinity!!

Comment

Working...
                                X