>>>>> RIT TIGERS - Roaring into the postseason <<<<<

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>>>> RIT TIGERS - Roaring into the postseason <<<<<

I just saw that Canisius and the Harbor Center are offering Fan (family) Ticket Packs for the AHC tournament. Four tickets, four hot dogs, two Harbor Center pucks, and a bucket of popcorn for $40.

Is RIT offering anything like this?
    RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
      Last year, the team got sick after game 1. It's hard to win when only half your team or so is healthy.
      Thanks for refreshing my memory about that, I remember it hit everybody pretty bad. His (teams) record coming into this series is much better as well so they just need to hand out wipes and anti-bacteria and they should be all set.
      RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

And for the first time this season (I think), the Tigers got votes in the rankings!

Others receiving votes: St. Lawrence 43, St. Cloud State 36, Northeastern 26, Bemidji State 19, Dartmouth 6, Notre Dame 5, Canisius 3, Rochester Institute of Technology 2.
        RIT Tigers

Comment

• Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
          Thanks for refreshing my memory about that, I remember it hit everybody pretty bad. His (teams) record coming into this series is much better as well so they just need to hand out wipes and anti-bacteria and they should be all set.
          No the problem was that the first game at Holy Cross last year went in to OT the hotel left food out but it got cold and when it gets cold bacteria forms on it and that's what got them a lot of the team sick.

Comment

• That's not what happened. You're confusing last year with 1995 when that actually did happen in the ECAC West championship at Mercyhurst. RIT beat Canisius in double OT and undercooked chicken was left out. The game was delayed one day and RIT lost 9-2.

Comment

Originally posted by lmg6841 View Post
              I just saw that Canisius and the Harbor Center are offering Fan (family) Ticket Packs for the AHC tournament. Four tickets, four hot dogs, two Harbor Center pucks, and a bucket of popcorn for $40.

Is RIT offering anything like this?
              They did have fan/family packs earlier in the season but I'm not sure if that's carrying into the playoffs. (at the bottom of the image in this tweet https://twitter.com/RITMHKY/status/552596588905115648)

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                Also, once the NCAA determines you have a flight, you can be sent anywhere if they think other teams will not if you are a #1 seed. DU would have had a flight to any regional.
                Yes, that's true. I forgot about that part. That one probably p***ed off the Pioneer faithful, but it really did keep it to only one of those teams (DU and UW) having to fly as opposed to both of them (Madison to St. Paul is only ~285 miles).
                Of course that whole "a flight is a flight" philosophy is ridiculous. In that example, St. Paul is a 1:45 flight and one time zone change while Albany is a 5:00+ flight including, I would assume, a layover somewhere and a two time zone change in the wrong direction. They can't convince me that there is no difference to the team in those trips.
                Last edited by TigerFan86-87; 03-06-2015, 11:43 AM.
                Can't we all just get along?
                Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                  Yes, that's true. I forgot about that part. That one probably p***ed off the Pioneer faithful, but it really did keep it to only one of those teams (DU and UW) having to fly as opposed to both of them (Madison to St. Paul is only ~285 miles).
                  Of course that whole "a flight is a flight" philosophy is ridiculous. In that example, St. Paul is a 1:45 flight and one time zone change while Albany is a 5:00+ flight including, I would assume, a layover somewhere and a two time zone change in the wrong direction. They can't convince me that there is no difference to the team in those trips.
                  I think it's more a consideration for fan attendance. The committee is allowed to use attendance considerations as part of placement.
                  2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                  2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                  2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                  2010 Frozen Four participant
                  2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

• Well, the Tiger Women hang a 4-1 victory over Mercyhurst. Congratulations Ladies......
                    John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
                    AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                    AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
                    NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
                    NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
                    NCAA DII - 1983
                    NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

The folks in Erie probably aren't very happy with us by now.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Brady Norish was a unanimous all-rookie selection for Atlantic Hockey. He was the only RIT player to make the team.
                        2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                        2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                        2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                        2010 Frozen Four participant
                        2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by XCTiger View Post
                          Well, the Tiger Women hang a 4-1 victory over Mercyhurst. Congratulations Ladies......
                          I don't know about you guys but I am proud of our RIT Woman. After a finishing as the bottom feeder, they beat Robert Morris and last night beat Mercyhurst. I don't know if they can hold off Mercyhurst again but I am happy with their season now.

You go girls!

I would love to see Niagara beat Holy Cross but I do not want to see RIT face Air Force. I think we can beat them but I don't want to see it happen.
                          R I T HOCKEY
                          Frozen Four
                          Elite Eight
                          NCAA Tournament
                          2010-2015-2016
                          RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

I stand corrected. Our girls are going to the finals! But where are the finals being hosted and can I stream it through the internet?
                            R I T HOCKEY
                            Frozen Four
                            Elite Eight
                            NCAA Tournament
                            2010-2015-2016
                            RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

[QUOTE=Rochester;6116662]I stand corrected. Our girls are going to the finals! But where are the finals being hosted and can I stream it through the internet?

3pm today

Below URL should have everything you're looking for

http://www.ritathletics.com/schedule.aspx?path=whock
                              RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by Rochester View Post
                                I think we can beat them but I don't want to see it happen.
                                I, for one, would love to see RIT beat Air Force in the playoffs.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Working...
                                X