Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: RPI Pros VI

Re: RPI Pros VI

BP didn’t score in regulation but he scores the only goal in the SO, Fla. beats Boston. Down in Nashville, JD’A took a stick across the face in the 1st period and had to be helped off the ice. He hasn’t returned. 3rd period about to start.......JD’A back on the ice wearing a full mask (clear kind) and cotton swabs in his nostril, probably a broken nose.
    Last edited by turk181; 03-21-2015 at 10:03 PM.

I Still bleed RPI Red

Quote Originally Posted by turk181 View Post
    BP didn’t score in regulation but he scores the only goal in the SO, Fla. beats Boston. Down in Nashville, JD’A took a stick across the face in the 1st period and had to be helped off the ice. He hasn’t returned. 3rd period about to start.......JD’A back on the ice wearing a full mask (clear kind) and cotton swabs in his nostril, probably a broken nose.
    The thing about Pirri is that he is making it all seem so easy and natural. His SO goal was just patient and planned and his reaction after was almost like he expected it. If he can stay injury free, he will only become more of a threat. As far as JD'A, you aren't a real hockey player until they break your nose or knock out a few teeth, so welcome to the NHL. If it is a break and non displaced, he will lose almost zero time. If it is displaced and needs corrective surgery, he might miss one game(if this was baseball he would be on the injured reserve for 60 days).
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Congrats to Curtis Leonard, 1st game....1st point (assist). Z also has an assist in the game. Both started.... http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary...ame_id=1014424

Missed this one. Congrats to Scotty Diebold on his 1st professional win with the Lousiana Ice Dogs of the SPHL..... “Scott Diebold played incredibly. He came in for his first pro game and stole the show. It’s never easy when you face that many shots, but again, when you have to kill six penalties, the opposition is going to get a bunch of shots.” http://icegators.com/news/?article_id=433 .......BTW, Scott Darling who shutout the Rangers with the Black Hawks the other night was the IceDogs goalie in 2010-11, hey....you never know.
    Last edited by turk181; 03-22-2015 at 05:27 PM.

They ignore ridicule & fight; I win

Missed this one. Congrats to Scotty Diebold on his 1st professional win with the Lousiana Ice Dogs of the SPHL..... “Scott Diebold played incredibly. He came in for his first pro game and stole the show. It’s never easy when you face that many shots, but again, when you have to kill six penalties, the opposition is going to get a bunch of shots.” http://icegators.com/news/?article_id=433 .......BTW, Scott Darling who shutout the Rangers with the Black Hawks the other night was the IceDogs goalie in 2010-11, hey....you never know.
    Oh Scotty... when he was off, he was REALLY off. But when he was on, look out...
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

A nice article about Brandon Pirri which was almost ruined by the segue into a discussion of a former #26 player.

Quote Originally Posted by DrDemento View Post
    The thing about Pirri is that he is making it all seem so easy and natural. His SO goal was just patient and planned and his reaction after was almost like he expected it. If he can stay injury free, he will only become more of a threat. As far as JD'A, you aren't a real hockey player until they break your nose or knock out a few teeth, so welcome to the NHL. If it is a break and non displaced, he will lose almost zero time. If it is displaced and needs corrective surgery, he might miss one game(if this was baseball he would be on the injured reserve for 60 days).
    JD’A won’t play tonight.... D’Amigo will not play and Nolan said that center Tim Schaller has been called up from the American Hockey League to take his place in the lineup.

D’Amigo missed a good chunk of Saturday night’s game after taking a high stick from Craig Wilson (EDIT; it’s Smith not Wilson) to the mouth in the first period. D’Amigo would finish the game wearing a full facemask. Wilson was fined $5,000 for the infraction by the NHL Department of Player Safety.

Nolan said that D’Amigo underwent an MRI on Monday to see if there is any more damage that x-rays may have missed. http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?...id=DL|BUF|home
    Last edited by turk181; 03-23-2015 at 05:23 PM.

Johnny Rogic released by Quad City... http://www.echl.com/echl-transactions-march-23-p196955

Can’t hold him for long....BP scores again! 15g in last 21 games.

I Still bleed RPI Red

JD’A won’t play tonight.... D’Amigo will not play and Nolan said that center Tim Schaller has been called up from the American Hockey League to take his place in the lineup.

D’Amigo missed a good chunk of Saturday night’s game after taking a high stick from Craig Wilson (EDIT; it’s Smith not Wilson) to the mouth in the first period. D’Amigo would finish the game wearing a full facemask. Wilson was fined $5,000 for the infraction by the NHL Department of Player Safety.

Nolan said that D’Amigo underwent an MRI on Monday to see if there is any more damage that x-rays may have missed. http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?...id=DL|BUF|home
    He should be fine. The nose sticks out there and can get broken in a ton of ways. Virtually all of it is an inconvenience or just cosmetic. in some cases, breaking it makes the fellow look better. Lots of bones to break in a face and the ones in the nose get it pretty often and rarely does it cause any major problem. If he is not back 100% quickly, suspect something else going on.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Johnny Rogic released by Quad City... http://www.echl.com/echl-transactions-march-23-p196955
    ....and 2 days later QC signs Matt Neal. IMO, a let down for Matt as many NHL scouts were in attendance following Matt throughout the year. Toronto & SJ showing up the most....http://myqcmallards.net/newsandinfo/...rticle_id=1512

RPI Class of '12

Mathias Lange's season with the Iserlohn Roosters came to an end last night, as the Roosters fell 1:6 in game 7 of their quarterfinal series against ERC Ingolstadt.

Lange finished with a 25-21-0 record, 2.59 GAA, and .925 Save Pct during the regular season, and a 2-3-0, 3.41 GAA, and .900 Save Pct during the playoffs.
    RPI Class of 2012
    Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

....and 2 days later QC signs Matt Neal. IMO, a let down for Matt as many NHL scouts were in attendance following Matt throughout the year. Toronto & SJ showing up the most....http://myqcmallards.net/newsandinfo/...rticle_id=1512
    2a so far in his 1st game.... http://echl.com/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=12547

Bad news for JD’A..... Meanwhile, Nolan said winger Jerry D’Amigo, who was high-sticked by Craig Smith in the face Saturday, underwent season-ending surgery Thursday.Nolan said D’Amigo injury is similar to the broken face Kaleta suffered earlier this season.... http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/sab...ut-for-season/

In the FWIW Dept.; Matt Prapavessis (Mike’s brother, Bemiji St.) joins Leonard on D with Rochester.

Conductor emeritus

In the FWIW Dept.; Matt Prapavessis (Mike’s brother, Bemiji St.) joins Leonard on D with Rochester.
    I read that way too quickly and got scared. Good for Praps' brother.
    RPI Pep Band
    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2014-2015 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place
    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner Up

Quote Originally Posted by lugnut92 View Post
    I read that way too quickly and got scared. Good for Praps' brother.
    No reason to get scared; Mike was drafted by foot-in-the-crease.

I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.

Conductor emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    No reason to get scared; Mike was drafted by foot-in-the-crease.
    Brett works for the Blues now (as he should). He had already left his "Ambassador of Fun" role with the Stars when they drafted Praps.
    RPI Pep Band
    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2014-2015 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place
    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner Up

Quote Originally Posted by lugnut92 View Post
    Brett works for the Blues now (as he should). He had already left his "Ambassador of Fun" role with the Stars when they drafted Praps.
    Whether you want to put the onus on the player or the team, it was still no goal.

Can’t hold him for long....BP scores again! 15g in last 21 games.
    Ridiculous.....BP scores again! He missed the last trip to TO, had to feel good. Yes!! BP with his second goal of the game, ENG. #20 on the year, 17g in last 22 games.
    Last edited by turk181; 03-26-2015 at 10:13 PM.

Thread Information