Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: RPI Pros VI

Re: RPI Pros VI

I do not normally post stuff like this but thought it was nice to hear. I also do not think they would be upset I shared the information. I saw the Miller parents tonight at the game and they told me Mark is doing great. He is married and his wife passed her exams and is a qualified Pharmacist now. He is sad he had to give up hockey but is making a boat load with his degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Stay@homeDad View Post
    I do not normally post stuff like this but thought it was nice to hear. I also do not think they would be upset I shared the information. I saw the Miller parents tonight at the game and they told me Mark is doing great. He is married and his wife passed her exams and is a qualified Pharmacist now. He is sad he had to give up hockey but is making a boat load with his degree.
    I also talked with the Millers & asked about Mark. Using his degree now & working in Rochester, NY. $14k to play in the ECHL compared to the $80k he’s now making.....

Don’t know how much Jerry is in the actual book but..... http://theahl.com/chasing-the-dream-in-bookstores-now

Was wondering where Milos was going to pop-up........ WHEELING, WV- The Wheeling Nailers, proud ECHL affiliate of the Pittsburgh Penguins, have announced that they have signed forward Milos Bubela to an ECHL contract. http://www.wheelingnailers.com/artic...n-milos-bubela

Been a pretty rough start for Kazzy w/Rochester so far. Sent to Elmira in the E today..... http://www.amerks.com/article/AMERKS...WITH%20JACKALS

Quote Originally Posted by turk181 View Post
    Been a pretty rough start for Kazzy w/Rochester so far. Sent to Elmira in the E today..... http://www.amerks.com/article/AMERKS...WITH%20JACKALS
    Maybe the thought is to get Kazzy more playing time w/Elmira as Linus Ullmark is the clear #1 in Roch. Although, they are mired in last place at 2-9. Will he share the net with former Cornell net minder Andy Isles (0-7, 3.48, .894) or will he start on a nightly basis?

Good luck to Brock Higgs in his call-up to Providence of the AHL. Higgsy is currently in 2nd place in the ECHL in scoring & leads the League in assists.

Fingers crossed............. Fedun was absent from practice on Sunday due to an injury he sustained in the third period against Boston and is questionable to play on Monday. If he is unable to go, Casey Nelson and Erik Burgdoerfer would be the likely candidates to join the Sabres on a recall. https://www.nhl.com/sabres/news/gorg...es/c-284374964

Fingers crossed............. Fedun was absent from practice on Sunday due to an injury he sustained in the third period against Boston and is questionable to play on Monday. If he is unable to go, Casey Nelson and Erik Burgdoerfer would be the likely candidates to join the Sabres on a recall. https://www.nhl.com/sabres/news/gorg...es/c-284374964

PUCKMAN RULES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    That's great. When Erik played for RPI I thought that he was a steady defenseman, but never thought of him as a candidate for the NHL. Shows how much I know.
    Go get em Erik.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin
    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
    Gary Player

They ignore ridicule & fight; I win

Quote Originally Posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
    That's great. When Erik played for RPI I thought that he was a steady defenseman, but never thought of him as a candidate for the NHL. Shows how much I know.
    Go get em Erik.
    When it comes to players and pro careers, "steady" and "consistent" are words you really want to hear about a player. Sure it might be slowly but surely, but that's how hard work pays off. Sure, it might only be a game or two, but getting there is always a big step.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

Conductor emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    When it comes to players and pro careers, "steady" and "consistent" are words you really want to hear about a player. Sure it might be slowly but surely, but that's how hard work pays off. Sure, it might only be a game or two, but getting there is always a big step.
    I'm sure Erik would be thrilled if this stay lasts longer than a cup of coffee, but either way, this is an amazing story. How often does a guy that gets signed to the ECHL out of college work his way up through the ranks to the NHL? Sure it's on the Sabres and it's only because of injuries in front of him, but he has sure as hell paid his dues.
    RPI Pep Band
    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2014-2015 ECAC Pick the Standings Last Place
    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner Up

They ignore ridicule & fight; I win

Quote Originally Posted by lugnut92 View Post
    I'm sure Erik would be thrilled if this stay lasts longer than a cup of coffee, but either way, this is an amazing story. How often does a guy that gets signed to the ECHL out of college work his way up through the ranks to the NHL? Sure it's on the Sabres and it's only because of injuries in front of him, but he has sure as hell paid his dues.
    What's wrong with it being the Sabres?

Watching the game thus far, he looked good in the 1st, but having some positioning issues in the 2nd thus far; not really good when your name is mentioned during the replay of conceding...
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

Conductor emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    What's wrong with it being the Sabres?

Watching the game thus far, he looked good in the 1st, but having some positioning issues in the 2nd thus far; not really good when your name is mentioned during the replay of conceding...
    Nothing wrong with the Sabres except that they're not good. I'm just saying it's easier to get the call up in that system than it would be for a league-leading team.
    RPI Pep Band
    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2014-2015 ECAC Pick the Standings Last Place
    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner Up

Burgy assigned back to Rochester.

Good luck to Brock Higgs in his call-up to Providence of the AHL. Higgsy is currently in 2nd place in the ECHL in scoring & leads the League in assists.
    Higgsy back to Atlanta.

15:06 ORL Chris Bradley, Fighting - Major (46.14), 5 min
    15:06 ORL Brock Montgomery, Charging minor (42.2), 2 min
    15:06 ORL Brock Montgomery, Double Minor - Roughing (), 4 min
    15:06 ATL Brock Higgs, Instigating - minor (46.11), 2 min
    15:06 ATL Brock Higgs, Fighting - Major (46.14), 5 min
    15:06 ATL Brock Higgs, Game Misconduct - Instigator In Final 5 Minutes or OT (46.12), 10 min ..... http://www.echl.com/game-summary?game_id=14117

Thread Information