Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Pros VI

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
    Kind of been waiting for this. BP has done little this year (9-12-21pts) in light of the high expectations from last year. I’ve only missed a couple of his games this year and to be honest he sometimes looks lost out there.
    He has almost as many points as he had last year in a similar number of games (21 in 46 as opposed to 24 in 49). He doesn't have quite the shot volume and his shooting percentage is obviously much lower than last year, but did we really expect him to shoot at 15% forever? I will defer to you as I've only seen him when the Cats played the Blues, but he didn't look that bad. I would be happy to have him on my team in a middle-six role.
    RPI Pep Band
    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
    2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      I would love him in NY but only if he is MSG. Seeing an RPI boy in a Ranger uniform would just be something very special for me. I hope they pay him a fortune!!!
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Kind of been waiting for this. BP has done little this year (9-12-21pts) in light of the high expectations from last year. I’ve only missed a couple of his games this year and to be honest he sometimes looks lost out there.
        Turk: Florida has changed a lot of things during the year. They have a different chemistry and are looking like a totally different team out there (much of it for the better). They did not look like a Stanley Cup team last year or early this year. Now that they are at the top of the pack, they are looking for specific Stanley Cup type players (interpret that as big horses who can play every other night with many OTs through 4 rounds of possibly 7 games). BP has all the talent but not the physique for that and they know it. Please let them trade him to my Rangers who have made some really bad moves the past two years in getting rid of players I liked.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          Turk: Florida has changed a lot of things during the year. They have a different chemistry and are looking like a totally different team out there (much of it for the better). They did not look like a Stanley Cup team last year or early this year. Now that they are at the top of the pack, they are looking for specific Stanley Cup type players (interpret that as big horses who can play every other night with many OTs through 4 rounds of possibly 7 games). BP has all the talent but not the physique for that and they know it. Please let them trade him to my Rangers who have made some really bad moves the past two years in getting rid of players I liked.
          I’m not sure Pirri would fit the Rangers type of game.....up tempo. He’s painfully slow.
          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Good luck to Brock Higgs as he called up to San Antonio of the AHL................ The San Antonio Rampage have signed forward Brock Higgs of the Atlanta Gladiators to a professional try-out contract, the team announced Monday.

Higgs, 23, has been on a tear as of late for the Gladiators as the second-year pro has collected 11 points in his last 10 games. Overall on the season, the Kingston, ON native has posted 15 goals, 11 assists and 26 points in 37 games played for Atlanta. His 15 goals rank second on the team behind only Derek Nesbitt and his league-leading 19 tallies. Today marks the second time Higgs will have signed a PTO contract in the AHL. The 5-11, 185-pound forward registered six points in 16 games for the Worchester Sharks in 2013-14 after completing his senior season at the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.

Higgs will join the Rampage prior to their next contest on Tuesday, January 19th vs. the San Diego Gulls for game number three of their season-long nine game home stand in San Antonio, TX.
            Higgsy sent back to Atlanta. Played in just the 1 game w/San Antonio.
            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

I’m not sure Pirri would fit the Rangers type of game.....up tempo. He’s painfully slow.
              That would most certainly be a consideration for them. They too are thinking of possible Stanley Cup success but they really do need some help after trading away what they did the past two years.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                Nice piece from Vancouver Sun following Z's debut. Anytime your first game in the bigs involves centering a line with a first rounder ( Virtanen), you're doing something right. Nice work Z !!

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/m...315/story.html
                It sounds like he might get a real shot to make this team. He has progressed well and seems to still have a lot of potential.
                all the best to Mike Z.
                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                Benjamin Franklin
                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                Gary Player

Comment

I would love him in NY but only if he is MSG. Seeing an RPI boy in a Ranger uniform would just be something very special for me. I hope they pay him a fortune!!!
                  Being an Engineer, I wouild like to see him in a place where he would be a regular top six forward. I don't think that the Rangers are that place. I would also love to see him stay in the east so that I would get more opportunities to watch him play.
                  Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                  Benjamin Franklin
                  Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                    Being an Engineer, I wouild like to see him in a place where he would be a regular top six forward. I don't think that the Rangers are that place. I would also love to see him stay in the east so that I would get more opportunities to watch him play.
                    Do you get MSG in HD? i would think the chance to be a top six forward almost equal on most teams. There is just so much talent in the league coming from everywhere (Europe, USA and even some from Canada). I would not care what line he is on but much prefer the Rangers over the other 3 local teams i get to see.

Comment

Do you get MSG in HD? i would think the chance to be a top six forward almost equal on most teams. There is just so much talent in the league coming from everywhere (Europe, USA and even some from Canada). I would not care what line he is on but much prefer the Rangers over the other 3 local teams i get to see.
                      I personally would prefer the Devils, but I would still watch him he were on the Rangers.
                      Benjamin Franklin
                      Gary Player

Comment

I personally would prefer the Devils, but I would still watch him he were on the Rangers.
                        I have the 4 teams around here with the worst choice for me being the Flyers followed by the Islanders. Devils would be an OK second choice. Part of it because I have been a Ranger fan since the early 50's but also included is my television coverage. I get every Ranger game on at least 2 channels and besides it is nice to hear Sam Rosen say "It's a power play goal!!!

Comment

Z picked up an assist in today’s game vs the Pens..... http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/boxscore?id=2015020709

Comment

Z picked up an assist in today’s game vs the Pens..... http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/boxscore?id=2015020709
                            I got to see Mike's assist on the NHL network last night. He took a shot from the point and it was tipped in. Eddie O always says that taking a shot is never a bad idea.
                            Benjamin Franklin
                            Gary Player

Comment

Z was sent back to Utica today. http://uticacomets.com/zalewski-reassigned-to-utica/

Comment

Dang! Couldn’t get myself motivated to go to the TUC to see Hershey & E. Burgdoerfer vs Albany. “Burgy” scores his 4th goal of the year & also gets an assist & is #3 Star.... http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary...ame_id=1015310

Comment

Working...
                                X