Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: RPI Pros VI

I miss Tie Domi
    Quote Originally Posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
    Its great to hear that Luke is getting a chance somewhere, but where has he been while everyone else was in a training camp?
    I hope he in not really going in as a forward, he is a defenseman and a good one. He would have much better chance at that position.
    Only NHL squads have been in camp. AHL/ECHL camps open today/tomorrow - as a UFA his only option was a camp invite. Rest assured, I'm sure The BRO has been working out many hrs a day.

Hes been on NYR radar for some time ,he attended their prospects camp a few years ago. They have seen his play and know his skill set. I'll leave it to the pros to determine his best path. Also Luke played some forward at CHI prospects camp last year, so this isn't a complete surprise.

I Still bleed RPI Red

Re: RPI Pros VI

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    Only NHL squads have been in camp. AHL/ECHL camps open today/tomorrow - as a UFA his only option was a camp invite. Rest assured, I'm sure The BRO has been working out many hrs a day.

Hes been on NYR radar for some time ,he attended their prospects camp a few years ago. They have seen his play and know his skill set. I'll leave it to the pros to determine his best path. Also Luke played some forward at CHI prospects camp last year, so this isn't a complete surprise.
    Agree completely WS. he can play anywhere they can find a spot for him. Like the old adage 'where does a 500 pound gorilla sleep?' Luke has all the attributes and the proper attitude to be a great player. There could be a multitude of reasons that we did not see it all develop in Troy but I will not go into that. Here's wishing him the absolute best and if Babo follows any of these threads a big shout out from us-we love you!!!!
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Curadi headed to Hartford Wolfpack camp...listed as a forward !! Love it!!😜

I can't seem to post the link here, but it's on Pack site b
    Forwards (20): Domenic Alberga, Tyler Brown, Jack Combs, Luke Curadi, Scott Fleming, Marek Hrivik, Michael Kantor, Alex Krushelnyski, Chris McCarthy, Brad McGowan, Stefano Momesso, Chad Nehring, Richard Nejezchleb, Josh Nicholls, Shawn O’Donnell, Travis Oleksuk, Paul Rodrigues, Michael St. Croix, Adam Tambellini, Nick Tarnasky......http://www.hartfordwolfpack.com/news...ng-camp-sunday

Yorkie sent to Syracuse. Training camp will be in Lyons, France......http://lightning.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=780733

the elite prospects transactions page is showing JD’A in the “rumor” category which in all likely-hood means Rochester.

Quote Originally Posted by turk181 View Post
    the elite prospects transactions page is showing JD’A in the “rumor” category which in all likely-hood means Rochester.
    Appears that's the case:

They ignore ridicule & fight; I win

Franks just missed a PAT.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

I miss Tie Domi
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Franks just missed a PAT.
    Been happening with more regularity since they moved the PAT distance back. Lucky for Franks, it had ZERO impact on the outcome as the Fish get pummeled by Buffalo.

JD’A cleared waivers & will start the season in Rochester.

I Still bleed RPI Red

Been happening with more regularity since they moved the PAT distance back. Lucky for Franks, it had ZERO impact on the outcome as the Fish get pummeled by Buffalo.
    Since they won't blame the other aspects of the team or the coaching, I am sure they have noted that missed PAT in a game where they were thoroughly outplayed, outhustled and immensely outcoached. He did kick off a few times and blew them through the end zone and every team wishes they could do that.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

According to John Kennedy's Twitter, his team in Australia raised some hardware. Congrats. https://twitter.com/Jfkennedy5

For those not informed, our summer is Australia's winter.

I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.

Congrats to John F. Kennedy Jr. as New Castle wins the “Goodall Cup” in the AIHL Championship...... http://www.theaihl.com/leagues/newsl...464&page=89798 ........Boxscore; http://www.theaihl.com/leagues/hocke...gameid=1440469 ........Team Pic; https://twitter.com/AIHL/status/637894916102713344
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    According to John Kennedy's Twitter, his team in Australia raised some hardware. Congrats. https://twitter.com/Jfkennedy5

For those not informed, our summer is Australia's winter.

If anything, the link does show his name etched on one of the trophy's plaques.

A nice article about Luke Curadi. http://www.courant.com/sports/hockey...930-story.html

Conductor emeritus

Luke will play his first preseason AHL game in Bridgeport tonight. RKarger and I will be there in RPI jerseys.
    RPI Pep Band
    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2014-2015 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place
    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner Up

Should be noted that Calgary called up 2 D-men two days ago so his stay may not be long........ Stockton, Calif. – The Stockton Heat, proudly owned by the NHL’s Calgary Flames, have added defenseman Mike Bergin to the training camp roster. http://stocktonheat.com/news/heat-ad...o-camp-roster/

I miss Tie Domi

Quote Originally Posted by lugnut92 View Post
    Luke will play his first preseason AHL game in Bridgeport tonight. RKarger and I will be there in RPI jerseys.
    Did he dress/play??? I know they have 40 something bodies in camp...
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Based on what I saw on Facebook, he was out there as a forward.

Conductor emeritus

He did dress as a LW. Based on his shift count (<10), I would imagine he was on their 4th line. His first shift of the night was pretty good, and his last shift (midway through the 3rd) was great (forcing turnovers, taking a shot on net). That last shift was just before HFD tied the game up at 2, and I think his play did a lot to shift the flow of play for the Wolf Pack. He made a few nice hits, but also put himself out of position more than once by trying to get the body on someone. He didn't get any special teams time, and it was clear based on his usage that the coach didn't think he (or his line) could do much damage on the scoreboard. He also didn't see any time in the 3x3 OT, but I wouldn't really expect that anyway.

Hartford invited 18 forwards to camp, and I imagine they'll want to get ice time for the 6 that didn't play in yesterday's game in the back end of the home-and-home. If he doesn't get to play in the second game, I don't think there's a very good chance that he makes the team. Hopefully he does get another chance to show his stuff and impress the coaches.

EDIT: I just checked the Wolf Pack website and it would appear that Luke has been released from his tryout contract. I'm sure he'll get another chance elsewhere, and I wish him the best of luck. Maybe someone will sign him to play his natural position instead of trying to force him onto the wing.
    RPI Pep Band
    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2014-2015 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place
    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner Up

Mark McGowan signs with Adirondack (ECHL)......McGowan, 25, joins the Thunder for his first full professional season, after he made his ECHL debut at the end of last season with the Florida Everblades. McGowan appeared in three games with Florida after he concluded his collegiate career at RPI. The Toronto, Ontario native appeared in over 30 games in each of his four seasons with the Engineers, highlighted by his career high 39 games in his senior season in 2014-15 and a career most 15 points in 2012-13. http://www.echl.com/thunder-add-four-p199690

Thread Information