Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: RPI Pros VI

Re: RPI Pros VI

Good luck to “Praps” who’s on Columbus’ Roster for the Traverse City Prospects Tourney (clik on Roster for a clearer look).....
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Good luck also to Drewwwwwwwww who will also be there....... Notable free agent invites are Jeremy Brodeur, the son of former Devils’ goaltender Martin Brodeur, and Drew Melanson, who played for Rangers Head coach David Quinn at Boston University. https://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2018...rnament-roster
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Traverse City games start today. Good luck to Drew & Praps....

Quote Originally Posted by turk181 View Post
    ason Kasdorf was equipped as a trial player with a so-called tryout contract. This contract runs until the 13th of September - one day before the start of the season in the DEL2. "He has potential. We will decide after the last preparation game. Let's see what we can do ", explains Füchse CEO Dirk Rohrbach..... https://www.lr-online.de/sport/lausi...n_aid-32142451
    Kazzy has signed deal..... http://circlingthewagon.com/players/jason-kasdorf-31/

I Still bleed RPI Red

Melanson with an assist on the 4th goal scored by the NYR today. Had 2 shots on goal. (Traverse City Tournament)

Praps has one assist also in the tournament.
    Last edited by DrDemento; 09-11-2018 at 04:21 PM.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Congrats Praps......

CBJ’s complete Camp Roster. Apparently someone thinks RPI is in Hockey East...... https://nhl.bamcontent.com/images/as...-file/file.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by DrDemento View Post
    Melanson with an assist on the 4th goal scored by the NYR today. Had 2 shots on goal. (Traverse City Tournament)

Praps has one assist also in the tournament.
    Unfortunately Drew was not offered an invite to NYR Camp. He does have a contract with Hartford (AHL) though.

I guess Rich Scammell's '69 retirement belongs here.

Last edited by Ralph Baer; 09-13-2018 at 04:59 PM.

Good luck to Jared Wilson who was invited to Edmonton's Training Camp...... http://downloads.oilers.nhl.com/pdfs...AMP-ROSTER.pdf

Vegas starts Camp 9/14 & Pirri will be there..... https://www.nhl.com/goldenknights/ne...er/c-300082410

Ryan Haggerty will be in Pittsburg’s Camp..... https://nhl.bamcontent.com/images/as...-file/file.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    I guess Rich Scammell's '69 retirement belongs here.

When I was in school, a bunch of guys from my dorm decided to form an intramural softball team.

Our first game was against a team named the Canucks. They were all Canadians who had played on RPI's hockey team the previous season. Rich Scammell was the captain of the team.

I played first base for our team. A couple of times, my teammates threw balls that pulled me into the path of runners coming into the base. I learned - twice - what it was like to be on the receiving end of a really solid body check.

After the game, one of my teammates told me that, after the second collision, he had overheard Scammell speaking to his teammates. He just reminded them that those of us on the other side weren't the same caliber of athletes as they were, so it was their responsibility to see that none of us got hurt.

I will always remember Rich Scammell as a gentleman and a sportsman.

.....and my All Time favorite Engineer, Erik Burgdoerfer in Ottawa’s Camp..... https://www.nhl.com/senators/news/se...er/c-300069270

I Still bleed RPI Red

Quote Originally Posted by Waite21 View Post

I will always remember Rich Scammell as a gentleman and a sportsman.
    My recollection also. But add to that one of the hardest shots I had seen up until that time. I always looked at Rich Scammell and Dale Watson as a big part of the resurrection of RPI hockey. Two very talented boys that were sorely needed after the debacle of 1965-1966
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Something in the back of mind is telling me that Scammell played on RPI's baseball team in his Jr and/or Sr. year. This was legal back then as we didn't give athletic scholarships.

Made in the USA

Something in the back of mind is telling me that Scammell played on RPI's baseball team in his Jr and/or Sr. year. This was legal back then as we didn't give athletic scholarships.
    Well, bylaw 15.5.9 gives insight on the current rules, and I don't see anything there stating they can't multi-sport in all four years. Obviously we don't have to worry too much about "counting" for the other sport because the other sport is D-III and they're going to use up a scholarship if they play hockey and something else. I think the two-year was Appert enforced because of his beliefs on committing to a single sport.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

"Better to be infamous than never famous at all." -Roger Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

Edit - The back of your mind is correct, Ralph. Scammell did play baseball for RPI in 1969, his senior year.

I was the scoreboard operator at what was then known as 17th Street Field that year. The scoreboard was on the hill in right field. In order to operate the scoreboard, I had to sit out there underneath it.

I remember one incident that shows the kind of competitor Scammell was.

Clarkson and St. Lawrence came to the Capital District for a weekend to play RPI and Union. Friday's games were rained out, so it was decided to play split double-headers on Saturday morning and afternoon, with the two North Country teams switching sites between games.

The morning game didn't go well, and RPI ended up losing, 8-0. The game was terminated at the end of seven innings, perhaps to give the visitors time to make their way over to Schenectady for the second game.

Scammell was RPI's starting right fielder for the second game. I called down and asked him, "Is this game going to be seven innings again?"

He turned around and said, "No. This one's going to be nine. I don't know why we didn't play nine this morning."

Down 8-0 after seven, and he still wanted to play the last two innings. That's a competitor for you.

Quote Originally Posted by turk181 View Post
    Unfortunately Drew was not offered an invite to NYR Camp. He does have a contract with Hartford (AHL) though.
    Just been informed that Drew is now in NYR Training Camp. He was brought in a couple of days ago as an injury replacement. NYR vs NJD tonight on NHL Network but Drew will not be in the lineup.

Thread Information