Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: RPI Pros VI

Conductor emeritus

Re: RPI Pros VI

Quote Originally Posted by Waite21 View Post
    And Kazzy is wondering "What am I doing kicking around in the ECHL?"
    Injuries are a *****. I firmly believe if he'd stayed healthy for his 4 (or however many) years at RPI, he'd have made the show.
    RPI Pep Band
    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
    2014-2015 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

I Still bleed RPI Red

Quote Originally Posted by lugnut92 View Post
    Injuries are a *****. I firmly believe if he'd stayed healthy for his 4 (or however many) years at RPI, he'd have made the show.
    Agree totally. i felt he was one of the most talented goalies to come to Troy and never understood why his star did not continue to rise in the sky. He seemed to have all the tools and just great judgement in net.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

PUCKMAN RULES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DrDemento View Post
    Agree totally. i felt he was one of the most talented goalies to come to Troy and never understood why his star did not continue to rise in the sky. He seemed to have all the tools and just great judgement in net.
    I don't know what a goalie has to do to get permanent job in the NHL. I thought that York showed enough in his short stint in Columbus to earn a shot at a job (starting/backup). He never made it.
    I think that the best goalie at RPI since I have been watching (1993) was Joel Laing, and he never even came close to the NHL.
    I just don't get it.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin
    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
    Gary Player

Made in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
    I don't know what a goalie has to do to get permanent job in the NHL. I thought that York showed enough in his short stint in Columbus to earn a shot at a job (starting/backup). He never made it.
    I think that the best goalie at RPI since I have been watching (1993) was Joel Laing, and he never even came close to the NHL.
    I just don't get it.
    Probably a combination of skill and luck. There's only 31 slots available (obviously backup slots too, but I assume you're talking starter here). Sure, you have a chance to make your "big break", and you really have to show up for it. And then comes the luck factor. Columbus already had an established #1 they really wanted, so York faded in the limelight. But if you're really good (and he did get a few wins, don't recall his stats overall), perhaps you make yourself good fodder for a trade with a team that actually needs a goalie? The job doesn't come up all that much, so timing is of the essence.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

"Better to be infamous than never famous at all." -Roger Stone

Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

PUCKMAN RULES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Probably a combination of skill and luck. There's only 31 slots available (obviously backup slots too, but I assume you're talking starter here). Sure, you have a chance to make your "big break", and you really have to show up for it. And then comes the luck factor. Columbus already had an established #1 they really wanted, so York faded in the limelight. But if you're really good (and he did get a few wins, don't recall his stats overall), perhaps you make yourself good fodder for a trade with a team that actually needs a goalie? The job doesn't come up all that much, so timing is of the essence.
    Check out Yorks stats, and tell me why he didn't get a shot (I would accept a backup).
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allen_York

Never had a losing record in the pros.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin
    Gary Player

Made in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
    Check out Yorks stats, and tell me why he didn't get a shot (I would accept a backup).
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allen_York

Never had a losing record in the pros.
    Then I guess it comes down to the other factor I mentioned: Dumb luck, and which teams he was with. Sure, it looks like he moved around a lot trying to position himself right, but with the frequency (6 different teams in 13-14 alone), could bosses have seen that as not being able to cut it? And then with GAA going downhill in the last year or two, perhaps they saw a peak in him? Sure, you can take frustration into account, but maybe that's why he ended up retiring.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

"Better to be infamous than never famous at all." -Roger Stone

Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

Quote Originally Posted by turk181 View Post
    Will Parker Reno now be known as Reneu. Good luck to Parker as he’s signed to play for GAP in France.... http://www.lesrapacesdegap.fr/actual...ment-defensif/
    Well, at least he won’t be alone now. His former D partner (@ Edina HS) & Princeton grad, Matt Nelson has also signed with GAP.
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

PUCKMAN RULES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    That's great, now if he only can recruit, we might have something.
    Benjamin Franklin
    Gary Player

Brock Higgs to play for HC Banska Bystrica. Milos Bubela played for them this past year........ Brock Higgs , who earned a historic Master Degree under Urpín in the year 2016/17, signed an annual contract. The 26-year low-center team returns to the team after one season, split between the multinational EBEL league and the second Swiss NLB. He spent most of the year in Grazi 99ers, where he was the most productive player in the team. Forty-third encounters won 38 Canadian points (18 + 20). Prior to his move to Switzerland, he took part in the All Stars Cup in Bratislava, where he represented EBEL. He won the championship at HC La Chaux-de-Fonds. Before his first arrival in Banská Bystrica, Higgs joined the NCAA at RPI (Rensselaer Polytech, Inc.), where he was even a year captain. He subsequently worked in both AHL and ECHL until he moved to HC '05 iClinic before the 2016/17 playoff. He played twelve matches at the base (4 + 2), then became the most productive play-off player (9 + 13). http://hc05.sk/na-lavicku-prichadza-...oda-a-marshall
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

RPI (Rensselaer Polytech, Inc.),
    That is a first.

It must have Shirley's idea.

I'm still trying to figure out what a 26-year low-center team is.

If Coach Smith can figure it out, maybe he can start recruiting more of those guys.

I Still bleed RPI Red

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    That is a first.

It must have Shirley's idea.
    Now I know where much of my money went (RPI INC.????)
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Brock Higgs to play for HC Banska Bystrica. Milos Bubela played for them this past year........ Brock Higgs , who earned a historic Master Degree under Urpín in the year 2016/17, signed an annual contract. The 26-year low-center team returns to the team after one season, split between the multinational EBEL league and the second Swiss NLB. He spent most of the year in Grazi 99ers, where he was the most productive player in the team. Forty-third encounters won 38 Canadian points (18 + 20). Prior to his move to Switzerland, he took part in the All Stars Cup in Bratislava, where he represented EBEL. He won the championship at HC La Chaux-de-Fonds. Before his first arrival in Banská Bystrica, Higgs joined the NCAA at RPI (Rensselaer Polytech, Inc.), where he was even a year captain. He subsequently worked in both AHL and ECHL until he moved to HC '05 iClinic before the 2016/17 playoff. He played twelve matches at the base (4 + 2), then became the most productive play-off player (9 + 13). http://hc05.sk/na-lavicku-prichadza-...oda-a-marshall
    Milos Bubela won’t be teaming up with Higgsy. Milos signed to play for HC Dynamo Pardice...... https://www.hcdynamo.cz/clanek.asp?id=9606

Good luck to Drewwwwwww who will be in NYR Development Camp starting Monday........... The majority of the roster is made up of Ranger prospects, but also includes invites such as Alex Basso (25), Mason Bergh (23), Kevin Hancock (20), Dylan McLaughlin (23), Drew Melanson (23), Josh Melnick (22), Brogan Rafferty (23) and Josh Teves (23). https://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2018...velopment-camp

Kazzy was not offered a Qualifying Offer by Buffalo today making him a Free Agent.

The Stena Line Belfast Giants are pleased to announce the arrival of Curtis Leonard for the 2018/19 Elite League season. The 25 year old Defenceman arrives in Belfast following two seasons with the ECHL’s Fort Wayne Komets. https://belfastgiants.com/2018/06/28...s-for-2018-19/

Coach Andrew Lord commented on the two latest returnees: Captain Jake Morissette is officially the most successful Team Captain in Devils history, despite only wearing the ‘C’ for the past 2 seasons. Since being made Captain, Morissette has won 2 Conference titles, 2 League titles, a Challenge Cup and most recently the Playoff Championship. http://www.cardiffdevils.com/news/be...-another-year/

Wolf Pack general manager Chris Drury announced today that the Wolf Pack has signed forwards Bobby Butler (pictured, courtesy of Milwaukee Admirals), Drew Melanson and Jason Salvaggio to American Hockey League contracts..... http://www.hartfordwolfpack.com/news...io-of-forwards

Thread Information