Minnesota Girls High School Hockey IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Girls High School Hockey IV

Can't really argue with many of those calls against Warroad today.

Comment

Proctor / Hermantown playing pretty well and battling Blake in the 1st. Blake up 1-0 after the 1st.

Noticing the game has gotten more physical at the high school level too.
      Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by 123kidd View Post
        Can't really argue with many of those calls against Warroad today.
        The part of the game I saw, I agree with you.

I heard the announcer comment that the number of 'calls' were lopsided, but I thought it was 'penalties committed' that were lopsided and he should have kept his mouth shut rather than make that comment.
        Last edited by KTDC; 02-19-2016, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
          The part of the game I saw, I agree with you.

I heard the announcer comment that the number of 'calls' were lopsided, but I thought it was 'penalties committed' that were lopsided and he should have kept his mouth shut rather than make that comment.
          didn't see the game but find it is interesting that the ref mentioned in this article, http://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/news...rrer_id=868951, called 7 of the 9 penalties against Warroad (who average is about 3) including one in the last minute when Warroad pulled its goalie for the extra skater. The problem is that even if they deserved those penalties the MSHSL screwed up, the ref opened himself to questioning (even if ever call was correct he deserves to never ref again as he should have known he was opening up an ugly possibility) and Warroad has a legitimate reason to beef. I hope they deserved the penalties but this really is unforgivable.

Comment

Pair of nail biters in the AA semis with Eden Prairie and Maple Grove both coming up with 1-0 wins. 2 time defending state champ Hill Murray is defeated by Maple Grove (Taylor Wente goal) and Eden Prairie defeats Edina (Kelly Wolfe goal).
            At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
              didn't see the game but find it is interesting that the ref mentioned in this article, http://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/news...rrer_id=868951, called 7 of the 9 penalties against Warroad (who average is about 3) including one in the last minute when Warroad pulled its goalie for the extra skater. The problem is that even if they deserved those penalties the MSHSL screwed up, the ref opened himself to questioning (even if ever call was correct he deiserves to never ref again as he should have known he was opening up an ugly possibility) and Warroad has a legitimate reason to beef. I hope they deserved the penalties but this really is unforgivable.
              The supervisor of officials messed this one up for not asking his crew, "are there any connections to either team folks?" Like he said, maybe it's common sense for officials to say something about their affiliation with a team, but supervisors need to be accountable too.
              Last edited by 123kidd; 02-19-2016, 11:26 PM.

Comment

I saw the whole game and ALL of the penalties were deserved, IMO. It was a very physical game, and several more penalties could have been called, both ways. But still, there is no excuse for that referee to be on the ice calling a game involving a team where there is an obvious conflict of interest question. Fortunately, after seeing the entire game, I don't believe that his calls (or non-calls) influenced the outcome of game, as the better team ended up winning.
                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                  Pair of nail biters in the AA semis with Eden Prairie and Maple Grove both coming up with 1-0 wins. 2 time defending state champ Hill Murray is defeated by Maple Grove (Taylor Wente goal) and Eden Prairie defeats Edina (Kelly Wolfe goal).
                  Great work by Ohio State committ Bre Blesi w 40+ saves in a stunning shutout of Hill Murray, a destination private school for hockey talent.

Comment

Oh my gosh, its a conspiracy, a Wisconsin commit was named Ms Hockey Minnesota. How could that be???
                    Last edited by FredsDeadFriend; 02-21-2016, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
                      I got $100 says Minneapolis is in Minnesota.

Anyone?

Minneapolis is in Kansas. Stopped there to fill up on gas last week on my way home from Vegas.

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
                        poor Miss Norby, she'll be lucky to be one of the five finalists now that she has received the kiss of death from brooky
                        http://www.letsplayhockey.com/todays...ms-hockey.html
                        Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                          Good news for Princeton; Bullock shows up every year at tournament time.
                          She sure did this year, breaking the all time goals scored record held by Krissy Wendell.
                          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

hey nimrod, the only thing that saved her was you took the hex off her by saying this:

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
                            . Better recount the UW recruits among the ten.
                            Last edited by pokechecker; 02-22-2016, 12:30 PM. Reason: even a moron is occasionally correct

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
                              hey nimrod, the only thing that saved her was you took the hex off her by saying this:
                              butthurt pokey... Hexes & jinxes oh my! it's a scary world pokey.
                              Last edited by brookyone; 02-22-2016, 12:47 PM. Reason: irony of pokey calling someone a moron. ;)
                              Minnesota Hockey

Comment

when you are done pounding your poor excuse for a chest for the one time in your life you made in accurate prediction ( and even then you hedged your bet by adding additional players and not specifically naming her which probably doesn't really make it a prediction, IOW, like a horoscope in the newspaper ...) maybe you can start another GWH thread and give it a clever title
                                but please don't include a prediction of a natty title this spring

brookyone: SparringwthMidgetMind
                                ROFL, I don't doubt for a minute your mental capacity is not up to norm
                                not that there's anything wrong with that
                                Last edited by pokechecker; 02-22-2016, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X