Minnesota Girls High School Hockey IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Girls High School Hockey IV

Two big match-ups so far, with No. 1 ranked Edina in Class AA beating No. 2 in Class A St. Paul United, 6-3, and
    Blake (No. 2 in AA) prevailing over No. 3 in AA Hill-Murray last night by a 4-1 margin.

All these schools are stacked with D1 recruits, topped by Blake and Edina with 8 and 7 respectively.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
      All these schools are stacked with D1 recruits, topped by Blake and Edina with 8 and 7 respectively.
      One organization's take on the Top 25 Minnesota high school recruits, and a separate list of 25 "Honorable Mentions". Obviously there will some dispute as to which players belong to which list, and some girls' fortunes will change as they play out their remaining eligibility. Also, it seems like a larger than average number will be heading East when their high school careers are over.

And sadly, Blake's Olivia Bizal, a goaltender and Minnesota-Duluth commit, had to retire from hockey due to concussion concerns. Best of luck to her...

http://www.stateofhockey.com/news_ar...rer_id=1949540
      Last edited by D2D; 11-11-2017, 10:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
        And sadly, Blake's Olivia Bizal, a goaltender and Minnesota-Duluth commit, had to retire from hockey due to concussion concerns. Best of luck to her...

http://www.stateofhockey.com/news_ar...rer_id=1949540
        Dam I hate that. Something needs to be done to find an answer for the problem. Not simply for the game but for the girls, brains are too important to risk

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
          Dam I hate that. Something needs to be done to find an answer for the problem. Not simply for the game but for the girls, brains are too important to risk
          One of the TV stations had a story last week about the concussion problem, but it was all about those suffered while playing soccer.

Comment

Congrats to the following girls, all playing Minnesota high school hockey this season, who were selected to the "2017-18 American Family Insurance ALL-USA Preseason Girls Hockey Team":

Abby Boreen - Hill-Murray
            Taylor Heise - Red Wing
            Emily Oden - Edina
            Sydney Shearen - White Bear Lake
            Madeline Wethington - Blake
            Calla Frank - White Bear Lake
            Alexa Dobchuk - Eden Prairie

...and two more (out of five) on the "Players to Watch" list:

Anna Kruesel - Blake
            Samantha Burke - St. Paul United

http://usatodayhss.com/2017/2017-18-...ls-hockey-team

Comment

Should be a pretty good game at Ridder tonight at 8:00 local. Current #1AA vs #2AA in the final of the Schwan Cup Gold Division.

Blake vs Centennial.

Centennial has played a harder schedule with a win vs Edina a week ago and has the most feared 2 F in MNHS Hockey with A Linser and Gabby Hughes. Blake without M Wethington (at USA U18 camp).

Hope it is a good game...

Comment

Originally posted by used2lurk View Post
                Should be a pretty good game at Ridder tonight at 8:00 local. Current #1AA vs #2AA in the final of the Schwan Cup Gold Division.

Blake vs Centennial.

Centennial has played a harder schedule with a win vs Edina a week ago and has the most feared 2 F in MNHS Hockey with A Linser and Gabby Hughes. Blake without M Wethington (at USA U18 camp).

Hope it is a good game...
                #1 vs #2 and one of the best players is out playing in a hockey camp somewhere. I'm shocked, simply shocked

(Games and teams and seasons don't matter, I know.)

Comment

Originally posted by used2lurk View Post
                  Centennial has played a harder schedule with a win vs Edina a week ago and has the most feared 2 F in MNHS Hockey with A Linser and Gabby Hughes.
                  It was a good game from the standpoint that Centennial's most "feared" player was the goaltender.
                  At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                    #1 vs #2 and one of the best players is out playing in a hockey camp somewhere. I'm shocked, simply shocked

The MSHSL used to have strict limits on the number of games kids were allowed to play during the season, is that still the case? Anybody know?

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post

She's playing in the World Championships. Jesus Christ.
                      Originally posted by dicaslover
                      Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                      Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                        She's playing in the World Championships. Jesus Christ.
                        I suppose he could be using a nym but I don't think he comments here.

As for what she is playing for, it doesn't matter. The IIHC and others make no effort to consider current commitments or seasons when they take players. That doesn't seem right to a lot of people here. Not just if they take the best players from our favored teams but even when they do it to competitors.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                          I suppose he could be using a nym but I don't think he comments here.
                          Wait...So you're saying there's a chance KTDC could be JC?
                          At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                            Wait...So you're saying there's a chance KTDC could be JC?
                            We know pukechucker thinks he is god but that's about it
                            Last edited by ne7minder; 01-02-2018, 07:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                              We know pukechucker thinks he is god but that's about it
                              He is god of the peckercheckers for sure!

Comment

Here's one I've never seen before:

Hartzell resigns as White Bear Lake assistant after acknowledging he entered locker room without knocking
                                http://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/news...2?referrer_id=

Comment

Working...
                                X