X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota Girls High School Hockey IV

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
    her backhand

I wonder what her back hand is like in hockey?
    I would guess pretty decent! But tennis is definitely her best sport!

I see that she was the only Rochester Century player to win her match in their 1-6 defeat to eventual state champ Mounds View. She also won her match against Minnetonka's No. 1 player in the 3rd Place game. From today's Star Tribune:

"Rochester Century’s Jessie Aney remained undefeated despite the Panthers’ 6-1 loss to Mounds View in the semifinals. Her 19-0 record will be put to the test in Thursday’s singles competition. If she makes it past the first round, she’ll likely play Forest Lake’s Toby Boyer, the No. 2-seed in the singles bracket and one of the tournament favorites."
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
      I would guess pretty decent! But tennis is definitely her best sport!

I see that she was the only Rochester Century player to win her match in their 1-6 defeat to eventual state champ Mounds View. She also won her match against Minnetonka's No. 1 player in the 3rd Place game. From today's Star Tribune:

"Rochester Century’s Jessie Aney remained undefeated despite the Panthers’ 6-1 loss to Mounds View in the semifinals. Her 19-0 record will be put to the test in Thursday’s singles competition. If she makes it past the first round, she’ll likely play Forest Lake’s Toby Boyer, the No. 2-seed in the singles bracket and one of the tournament favorites."
      Looks she won the first match this morning. She's got Toby Boyer today at noon at Baseline!

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
        Looks she won the first match this morning. She's got Toby Boyer today at noon at Baseline!
        And she finally loses. But what a streak the whole season, going undefeated against boys until her second match today.

http://www.startribune.com/aney-lose...nis/306143361/

OK, back to hockey!

Comment

Players advancing to the 15s national camp (2000 birth years)

G Calla Frank (White Bear Lake)
          G Samantha Miller (Spring Lake Park boys bantams)
          D Savanna Atol (Edina 14U)
          D Madison Bizal (Elk River)
          D Jenna Byfuglien (Roseau)
          D Margaret Flaherty (Lakeville North)
          D Eva Hendrikson (Edina)
          D Megan Marshall (Wayzata 14U)
          D Ellice Murphy (Roseau)
          D Elizabeth Norton (Minnesota Revolution 16U) from Long Lake
          D Kyah Orr (Lakeville South)
          D Gracie Ostertag (Shattuck 16U) from Shakopee
          D Taylor Stewart (Rochester boys bantams)
          D Grace Vojta (Blake)
          D Olivia Williams-Ridge (St. Paul United)
          D Emily Wisnewski (Wayzata 14U)
          F Ali Beltz (New Ulm)
          F Haylee Blinkhorn (Hill-Murray)
          F Annika Brodt (Mounds View)
          F Samantha Burke (St. Paul United)
          F Allie Cornelius (St. Cloud)
          F Jackie Falk (Shakopee)
          F Mckenzie Hauswirth (Farmington)
          F Grace Heiting (East Ridge)
          F Emily King (St Paul Capitals 14U)
          F Kelsey King (Elk River 14U)
          F Aliyah Lance (Edina 14U)
          F Sara McClanahan (Blake)
          F Chloe McEnelly (Holy Family)
          F Eleanor Moser (Farmington)
          F Alyson Niebur (Cambridge)
          F Amanda Nylander (Benilde)
          F Erin Olson (Lakeville North)
          F Ramsey Parent (Blaine JV)
          F Sadie Peart (Grand Rapids/Greenway)
          F Mackenzie Rugland (Roseau)
          F Lilia Scheid (Stillwater JV)
          F Reilly Springman (Elk River)

Comment

Quite an honor for the 2014-15 Hill-Murray girls hockey team to be named the "best" high school team nationwide!

Hill-Murray girls hockey wins Best Team of 2014-15 contest in fan vote

http://usatodayhss.com/2015/hill-mur...st-in-fan-vote

Comment

Quite an honor for the 2014-15 Hill-Murray girls hockey team to be named the "best" high school team nationwide!

Hill-Murray girls hockey wins Best Team of 2014-15 contest in fan vote

http://usatodayhss.com/2015/hill-mur...st-in-fan-vote
              Clearly a Minnesota bias that can't be ignored!
              Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
                Clearly a Minnesota bias that can't be ignored!
                And CLEARLY, with Hannah Brandt having graduated from H-M three years prior, there can't be any other explanation!

Comment

Hill-Murray only has one All State selection yet has the best team in America?
                  Pass the puck

Comment

Minnesota Revolution...is the former Achiever Academy I guess?

Wondering if this organization can fill the T'breds void so to speak and become a good alternative for those seeking development their MSHSL team, or home state situation may not provide. Referring to the T'breds in that organizations better days when they developed quite a bit of D-I talent, in comparison.

I've noticed quite a few Stillwater kids have jumped ship in favor of The Revolution. Noticed per the Pony hockey struggles the last few seasons.
                    Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
                      Minnesota Revolution...is the former Achiever Academy I guess?

Wondering if this organization can fill the T'breds void so to speak and become a good alternative for those seeking development their MSHSL team, or home state situation may not provide. Referring to the T'breds in that organizations better days when they developed quite a bit of D-I talent, in comparison.

I've noticed quite a few Stillwater kids have jumped ship in favor of The Revolution. Noticed per the Pony hockey struggles the last few seasons.
                      Cost of playing for the Revolution vs. Stillwater?
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Congrats to all the MN girls who had an excellent showing at last weekend's NAHA tournament, winning the championship at both the U19 and U16 levels.

The Whitecaps U19 Black team's record was 6-1 and beat Chicago Mission 2-1 in their championship game. Also in U19 the Minnesota Icecats went 4-0 before bowing out in the semi's to Mission, 1-2 in a shootout.

At U16 the MN OS Selects went undefeated at 6-0 and beat Stoney Creek 3-0 in their final.

Awesome job!

Comment

Congrats to all the MN girls who had an excellent showing at last weekend's NAHA tournament, winning the championship at both the U19 and U16 levels.

The Whitecaps U19 Black team's record was 6-1 and beat Chicago Mission 2-1 in their championship game. Also in U19 the Minnesota Icecats went 4-0 before bowing out in the semi's to Mission, 1-2 in a shootout.

At U16 the MN OS Selects went undefeated at 6-0 and beat Stoney Creek 3-0 in their final.

Awesome job!
                          I think this is the first time that Minnesota has won the Championship in U19 and U16. Congratulations to a talented group of MN girls who showed well for the State of Hockey!

Comment

Originally posted by joehockey View Post
                            I think this is the first time that Minnesota has won the Championship in U19 and U16. Congratulations to a talented group of MN girls who showed well for the State of Hockey!
                            And congrats to the non-Minnesota girls on the championship team!

Comment

Congratulations to the Minnesota Elite White U19 team on going 5-0 and winning Gold at the recent USA Canada Cup Series.

http://www.usacanadacup.com/

Comment

Congratulations to the Minnesota Elite White U19 team on going 5-0 and winning Gold at the recent USA Canada Cup Series.

http://www.usacanadacup.com/
                                Looks like at least three future Gophers on that roster.
                                Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X