Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Girls High School Hockey IV

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    Had maple Grove not been mentally devastated by the awful seeding, they surely would have won. They like their home jerseys more than their away ones, you know how girls are. Can someone post a box score of that game please?
    In what matters to you, the stats show Coco Francis played the whole game in net making 32 saves on 35 shots but the writeup says Blesi was pulled after Blaine scored two goals in the first 3:59 of the game.
    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

State Tournament brackets are out.
      Class A - http://www.mshsl.org/mshsl/showxmlbr...2&bracket=7389
      Class AA - http://www.mshsl.org/mshsl/showXMLbr...2&bracket=7390

Names, position and high school grade year for Gopher recruits on the big stage:

Class A
      Blake: Addie Burton (F-9) and Madeline Wethington (D-10)

Class AA
      Blaine: Emily Brown (D-12)
      Edina: Emily Oden (F-11)
      Eden Prairie: Crystalyn Hengler (D-11)
      Hill-Murray: Abigail Boreen (F-11)

Grace Zumwinkle of Breck, Taylor Wente of Maple Grove, Taylor Heise of Red Wing and Sydney Shearon of White Bear Lake all lost in their section final game, and Catie Skaja's New Prague team was upset in their section quarterfinal.
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
        State Tournament brackets are out.
        Class A - http://www.mshsl.org/mshsl/showxmlbr...2&bracket=7389
        Class AA - http://www.mshsl.org/mshsl/showXMLbr...2&bracket=7390

Names, position and high school grade year for Gopher recruits on the big stage:

Class A
        Blake: Addie Burton (F-9) and Madeline Wethington (D-10)

Class AA
        Blaine: Emily Brown (D-12)
        Edina: Emily Oden (F-11)
        Eden Prairie: Crystalyn Hengler (D-11)
        Hill-Murray: Abigail Boreen (F-11)

Grace Zumwinkle of Breck, Taylor Wente of Maple Grove, Taylor Heise of Red Wing and Sydney Shearon of White Bear Lake all lost in their section final game, and Catie Skaja's New Prague team was upset in their section quarterfinal.
        As I said earlier it is too bad folks won't get to see her in the State Tournament. Blake was shadowing her with one and sometimes two players Thursday night but it was still impressive to see her create space for herself with her speed. She has the rare combination you just don't really see in women's hockey. Size, speed, and power.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
          In what matters to you, the stats show Coco Francis played the whole game in net making 32 saves on 35 shots but the writeup says Blesi was pulled after Blaine scored two goals in the first 3:59 of the game.
          Update: The stats now match the writeup as it has Blesi with having played 3.59 and allowing 2 goals on 3 shots...Ouch.

Comment

Update: The stats now match the writeup as it has Blesi with having played 3.59 and allowing 2 goals on 3 shots...Ouch.
            Yeah, that's not the way I was hoping the season would end for her. Too bad the rest of the team couldn't pop a couple and give them a chance to move on, but that's hockey. The goalie situation at UW next year will be fascinating. Obviously Cece has the 1 year of experience and some games under her belt, but if Blesi or Baldwin (though she's so tiny) performs in practice, MJ will play the one who give UW the best chance to win.

Is Bowlby's team done or are they still alive?
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Yeah, that's not the way I was hoping the season would end for her. Too bad the rest of the team couldn't pop a couple and give them a chance to move on, but that's hockey. The goalie situation at UW next year will be fascinating. Obviously Cece has the 1 year of experience and some games under her belt, but if Blesi or Baldwin (though she's so tiny) performs in practice, MJ will play the one who give UW the best chance to win.

Still alive...Edina is the number 1 seed in the Class AA tournament. You should check out the streaming option of the tournament to see Bowlby and Edina.

Comment

Still alive...Edina is the number 1 seed in the Class AA tournament. You should check out the streaming option of the tournament to see Bowlby and Edina.
                That is a great idea. Any linky info would be awesome. The MN girls prep online word is hard to navigate, for me anyway. I had a heck of a time finding the Maple Grove info.

Comment

That is a great idea. Any linky info would be awesome. The MN girls prep online word is hard to navigate, for me anyway. I had a heck of a time finding the Maple Grove info.
                  The Star-Tribune's Minnesota Girls hockey hub is the place to go for game stats... www.mngirlshockeyhub.com

Prep45.com I think has a pay streaming option...

Comment

Bowlby's team currently has 7 D-I commits on it & more will be once they are old enough to do so. It would be an incredible upset if they do not win the thing. I think they could win it all even if a player or two sat out. OTOH, they did lose to the best small school teams during the season.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                      Bowlby's team currently has 7 D-I commits on it & more will be once they are old enough to do so. It would be an incredible upset if they do not win the thing. I think they could win it all even if a player or two sat out. OTOH, they did lose to the best small school teams during the season.
                      They're only loss was to Blake 2-1 and they tied Breck 3-3...Weren't you at the Breck game?
                      Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 02-19-2017, 01:19 PM.

Comment

The Star-Tribune's Minnesota Girls hockey hub is the place to go for game stats... www.mngirlshockeyhub.com

Prep45.com I think has a pay streaming option...
                        If you go there you are redirected to:
                        https://video.grandstadium.tv/home.aspx
                        for access to each day's set of games for each class. For access to all of the games for both classes they charge $23.97, which is pretty reasonable I think for a total of 14 games if you are out of Channel 45's viewing area. Or you can buy a pass for one day only for either class for $9.95. This is the only option to view the quarterfinals even if you are in their television viewing area because they don't televise the quarterfinals for either class (as they do for the boys tournament which starts in two weeks).

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                          They're oly loss was to Blake 2-1 and they tied Breck 3-3...Weren't you at the Breck game?
                          Yes I was. Its the Alzheimer getting to me. I remember them losing not tying

Comment

The Star Tribune's annual girls' high school hockey individual awards:

Metro Player of the Year
                            http://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/news...rrer_id=868951

All-Metro First, Second and Third Teams
                            http://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/news...all-metro-team

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                              The Star Tribune's annual girls' high school hockey individual awards:

Metro Player of the Year
                              http://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/news...rrer_id=868951

All-Metro First, Second and Third Teams
                              http://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/news...all-metro-team
                              Too bad most of those rodent recruits will never get on the ice.

Comment

Too bad most of those rodent recruits will never get on the ice.
                                As they say, Timothy, "the cream will rise to the top". With four of the six on this year's All-Metro First Team, plus a select handful of very promising sophomores and juniors - not to mention a sprinkling of top incoming Canadian talent - I believe you will sadly witness the Badgers again assuming the role of underdog in upcoming Border Battles.

So this SHOULD be your year, but we'll see...

Comment

Working...
                                X