Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Minnesota Girls High School Hockey IV

Re: Minnesota Girls High School Hockey IV

Ms. Hockey and Senior Goalie semifianlaists are out...

http://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/news...rrer_id=868951

Quote Originally Posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    Ms. Hockey and Senior Goalie semifianlaists are out...

http://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/news...rrer_id=868951
    If Heise doesn't win this thing we have a problem!

Quote Originally Posted by GopherBadger View Post
    If Heise doesn't win this thing we have a problem!
    I would agree she's the clear favorite, but there are some others who should merit some serious consideration as well. In all, five of the 10 semifinalists are future Gophers:

https://www.hometownsource.com/elk_r...edeeb2448.html
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Sections are now underway, leading up to the State Tournament(s) which begins on February 21st. Here's a short preview of each of the Class AA sections - looks like some very intense battles are looming.

https://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hig...layoff-preview

Taylor Heise had 7 goals and 2 assists yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by KTDC View Post
    Taylor Heise had 7 goals and 2 assists yesterday.
    She is obviously an amazing player, maybe the best forward in the state, but I am anxious to see how she does when the competition ramps up. The teams Red Wing has played in their last half-dozen games or so have all been terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post
    She is obviously an amazing player, maybe the best forward in the state, but I am anxious to see how she does when the competition ramps up. The teams Red Wing has played in their last half-dozen games or so have all been terrible.
    She captained and was stellar on the U18 team that just won the world championship. I think she might limp by.

Quote Originally Posted by ne7minder View Post
    She captained and was stellar on the U18 team that just won the world championship. I think she might limp by.
    Well aware of her U18 team exploits! But at the high school level, opponents can afford to focus almost all of their attention on stopping her, although her section in Class A is so weak that tactic probably would never work. But I think it very well could once they get to the State Tournament, where the competition - and the ability to limit her offense - will ramp up considerably.

No matter what happens she's had an incredible year. In her 25 games played thus far she's scored 65 goals. That's just three shy of the rest of her team's 68! But to keep things in perspective you do have to consider that Red Wing has played a very soft schedule - per KRACH it ranked #83 out of 117 teams in the State.

I only mentioned it because 7 goals and 2 assists seemed like a lot for one game.

It was just intended as a fun fact.

Quote Originally Posted by KTDC View Post
    I only mentioned it because 7 goals and 2 assists seemed like a lot for one game.

It was just intended as a fun fact.
    Needs to pass the puck more.

Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post
    Not sure it will "Ramp up much". 5 good teams in AA & A is just flat out bad hockey. Sad where MN Girls Hockey is right now & I hope it rebounds over the next few years.

lucky penguin

Quote Originally Posted by GopherBadger View Post
    Not sure it will "Ramp up much". 5 good teams in AA & A is just flat out bad hockey. Sad where MN Girls Hockey is right now & I hope it rebounds over the next few years.
    There's a combined 21 IIHF gold medals playing in MN HS this year. If you count players not yet in college, the rest of the world has 20, and eight of them are at Shattuck. It seems like they're doing fine.
    Originally posted by dicaslover
    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Quote Originally Posted by MaizeRage View Post
    There's a combined 21 IIHF gold medals playing in MN HS this year. If you count players not yet in college, the rest of the world has 20, and eight of them are at Shattuck. It seems like they're doing fine.
    A. It's all relative
    B. Well aware of good players in MN this year. I was referring to TEAMS...that is depth, goaltending, defense. Some ugly hockey.

Hard if not impossible to measure overall depth of teams. There will always be some excellent squads and others that are quite frankly extremely weak in comparison. When you have well over 100 teams scattered across the State, many in very small communities, it will always be this way.

Then there are a few select teams located primarily in the suburbs of the Twin Cities that truly do stand out, but not necessarily every year consistently. This year's two top-ranked teams are public school Edina at #1 and second-ranked Blake, a private school located just a few miles away. Assuming they both win their section semifinal games against Cretin-Derham Hall and Wayzata respectively tomorrow night, they would face off in an epic section final game on Friday. I was curious so I did a quick count of each team's committed recruits, and found that Edina's roster includes 7, and Blake's 8. By school and upon graduation the combined 15 will be headed to:

Gophers - 5
    Harvard - 2
    Dartmouth - 2
    Cornell - 2
    Princeton - 1
    Yale - 1
    Penn State - 1
    Northeastern - 1
    (in addition, three other girls are shown to be attending and playing hockey at Middlebury, Williams and Amherst)

So obviously lots of talent (and brainpower!) on the ice should they meet in the section final on Friday night, but too bad only one will make it to the State Tournament which starts in a couple weeks.

lucky penguin

Edina is at eight now. Aliyah Lance committed to RPI this week.
    Originally posted by dicaslover
    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

So a down year for them, they had 9 last year 😄

Ms Hockey 5 finalists announced...

http://www.stateofhockey.com/news_ar...rer_id=1949540

This is more D1 players than many D1 teams have.

Quote Originally Posted by Leather helmet View Post
    This is more D1 players than many D1 teams have.
    Edina might be good enough to make the USCHO poster's poll. For that matter Blake as well.

Speaking of Blake and Edina...Great matchup tonight at 7:30PM for the section 6AA final at Parade Ice Garden. Might see some of you there?

And not to slight the other real good section final matchups tonight in 4AA with Hill Murray and White Bear Lake at Aldrich Arena at 7:00PM, 5AA with Centennial and Blaine at Roseville Ice Arena at 7:00 PM, and 2AA with Eden Prairie and Shakopee at Braemar Arena at 7:00PM.
    Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 02-16-2018 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    Edina might be good enough to make the USCHO poster's poll. For that matter Blake as well.

Speaking of Blake and Edina...Great matchup tonight at 7:30PM for the section 6AA final at Parade Ice Garden. Might see some of you there?

And not to slight the other real good section final matchups tonight in 4AA with Hill Murray and White Bear Lake at Aldrich Arena at 7:00PM, 5AA with Centennial and Blaine at Roseville Ice Arena at 7:00 PM, and 2AA with Eden Prairie and Shakopee at Braemar Arena at 7:00PM.
    We'll be there. Saw Edina dismantle Blake earlier and hoping for a closer game this time. Would like to see SP/Shak but then were were several games worth seeing the last couple of days.

Thread Information