Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Girls High School Hockey IV

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
    We saw it live and in person. The first 2 periods were brutal for Blake. They looked a little better in the 3rd which I think was Edina letting up a little & the Bears turning it up a notch. 5-2 final, Blake is not going to be #1 next week.
    Did see the stream eventually and like you said it wasn't the best game for Blake...
    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
      I was looking at Edina's player stats at the Hockey Hub and the whole team has a shooting percentage of 100% except Loli Fidler. Fidler is only shooting at 94% which I assume means Fidler isn't a very good player
      She missed on a penalty shot against Grand Rapids-Greenway.
      Originally posted by dicaslover
      Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
      Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Ms. Hockey and Senior Goalie semifianlaists are out...

http://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/news...rrer_id=868951
        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
          Ms. Hockey and Senior Goalie semifianlaists are out...

http://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/news...rrer_id=868951
          If Heise doesn't win this thing we have a problem!

Comment

Originally posted by GopherBadger View Post
            If Heise doesn't win this thing we have a problem!
            I would agree she's the clear favorite, but there are some others who should merit some serious consideration as well. In all, five of the 10 semifinalists are future Gophers:

https://www.hometownsource.com/elk_r...edeeb2448.html
            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Sections are now underway, leading up to the State Tournament(s) which begins on February 21st. Here's a short preview of each of the Class AA sections - looks like some very intense battles are looming.

https://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hig...layoff-preview

Comment

Taylor Heise had 7 goals and 2 assists yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                  Taylor Heise had 7 goals and 2 assists yesterday.
                  She is obviously an amazing player, maybe the best forward in the state, but I am anxious to see how she does when the competition ramps up. The teams Red Wing has played in their last half-dozen games or so have all been terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                    She is obviously an amazing player, maybe the best forward in the state, but I am anxious to see how she does when the competition ramps up. The teams Red Wing has played in their last half-dozen games or so have all been terrible.
                    She captained and was stellar on the U18 team that just won the world championship. I think she might limp by.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                      She captained and was stellar on the U18 team that just won the world championship. I think she might limp by.
                      Well aware of her U18 team exploits! But at the high school level, opponents can afford to focus almost all of their attention on stopping her, although her section in Class A is so weak that tactic probably would never work. But I think it very well could once they get to the State Tournament, where the competition - and the ability to limit her offense - will ramp up considerably.

No matter what happens she's had an incredible year. In her 25 games played thus far she's scored 65 goals. That's just three shy of the rest of her team's 68! But to keep things in perspective you do have to consider that Red Wing has played a very soft schedule - per KRACH it ranked #83 out of 117 teams in the State.

Comment

• I only mentioned it because 7 goals and 2 assists seemed like a lot for one game.

It was just intended as a fun fact.

Comment

• Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                          I only mentioned it because 7 goals and 2 assists seemed like a lot for one game.

It was just intended as a fun fact.
                          Needs to pass the puck more.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                            Not sure it will "Ramp up much". 5 good teams in AA & A is just flat out bad hockey. Sad where MN Girls Hockey is right now & I hope it rebounds over the next few years.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherBadger View Post
                              Not sure it will "Ramp up much". 5 good teams in AA & A is just flat out bad hockey. Sad where MN Girls Hockey is right now & I hope it rebounds over the next few years.
                              There's a combined 21 IIHF gold medals playing in MN HS this year. If you count players not yet in college, the rest of the world has 20, and eight of them are at Shattuck. It seems like they're doing fine.
                              Originally posted by dicaslover
                              Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                              Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                                There's a combined 21 IIHF gold medals playing in MN HS this year. If you count players not yet in college, the rest of the world has 20, and eight of them are at Shattuck. It seems like they're doing fine.
                                A. It's all relative
                                B. Well aware of good players in MN this year. I was referring to TEAMS...that is depth, goaltending, defense. Some ugly hockey.

Comment

Working...
                                X