Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Girls High School Hockey IV

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
    No, we beat it as soon as the horn sounded. I did notice one of Blake's players bust a very nice composite stick on the goal pipe. I understand the heartbreak of losing (I have experienced it often enough!) and they are just kids but it is disappointing to see them lose composure like that. We were across the way on the Blake side at center ice. Needless to say they saw that non-call differently. Then when one of their kids took what looked like a dive to me went nuts so I can imagine.
    Cornell recruit and is from Every Day I Need Attention to boot...

Blake did step up to AA competition so now they know how Breck felt the last coupel of years in single A.
    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
      One interesting note from last nights game. I have never seen so many dives in a game in my life. None were called although several were very obvious from the stands. One particularly bad actor was Edina's 13 CC Bowlby who had two oscar worthy performances where she appeared to have been murdered by a player how touched her slightly. She laid on the ice & on the second one even got up holding her arm like it had been ripped off. When no call came she skated over & got set for the faceoff. It was by no means exclusive to her or to Edina, Blake took a couple dives but nobody did them as well.

I hate to see this sort of thing almost as much as I hate to see rough stuff not called.
      I wish they would give 2 minute penalty’s for faking. They can hand out yellow cards for faking in Soccer but it is rare but I have seen it called. It is so bad that 6-7 year old soccer players are taking dives trying to get calls.
      Pass the puck

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
        Cornell recruit and is from Every Day I Need Attention to boot...

Blake did step up to AA competition so now they know how Breck felt the last coupel of years in single A.
        Just curious if the cornell recruit is the one that broke her stick or took a dive? Also, could you give me a scouting report on the two cornell recruits that play for Blake, Izzy Daniel and Lily Delianedis?

Comment

Originally posted by Ahockeydad View Post
          I wish they would give 2 minute penalty’s for faking. They can hand out yellow cards for faking in Soccer but it is rare but I have seen it called. It is so bad that 6-7 year old soccer players are taking dives trying to get calls.
          Agreed. It seems to be getting worse and I think part of that is refs being afraid to call it. Too often when they do it is coincidental with a trip or hook. At that game I saw 4 very obvious dives and another 4 that were hard to call but looked fishy. Granted the game is actually easier to call sitting up high with a clear view but given the large number they could not have missed them all.
          Last edited by ne7minder; 02-18-2018, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mattj711 View Post
            Just curious if the cornell recruit is the one that broke her stick or took a dive? Also, could you give me a scouting report on the two cornell recruits that play for Blake, Izzy Daniel and Lily Delianedis?
            I don't think either Daniel or Delianedis took a dive but maybe ne7minder can speak to that more specifically. No issues at all with the sportsmanship of Daniel and I don't think it was Delianedis breaking her stick as I just saw her throw it at the end of the game and when she received the "participation" ribbon when the awards were given out she threw that as well skating back to the line. That is kind of a worthless thing to have to go through but it just kind of stood out compared to most of the rest.

Dilianedis has the bigger upside of the two...really good skater but a bit like Taylor Heise, in that the stride looks a little unorthodox. Good passer and a sneaky good shot.

Daniel can get up and down the rink as well and has a little bit more well rounded game, but she is a year older as well.

I kinda figured one of these two would be Gopher commitments but Cornell is getting two good ones.

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
              I don't think either Daniel or Delianedis took a dive but maybe ne7minder can speak to that more specifically. No issues at all with the sportsmanship of Daniel and I don't think it was Delianedis breaking her stick as I just saw her throw it at the end of the game and when she received the "participation" ribbon when the awards were given out she threw that as well skating back to the line. That is kind of a worthless thing to have to go through but it just kind of stood out compared to most of the rest.

Dilianedis has the bigger upside of the two...really good skater but a bit like Taylor Heise, in that the stride looks a little unorthodox. Good passer and a sneaky good shot.

Daniel can get up and down the rink as well and has a little bit more well rounded game, but she is a year older as well.

I kinda figured one of these two would be Gopher commitments but Cornell is getting two good ones.
              Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                Well you obviously don't have enough scholarships to land everyone you'd like, but it seems to me that the Gophers have missed on more of the real talented Minnesota high school players (including some who've blossomed into real talented players after high school) than used to be the case. Granted there will always be some who "get away" for one reason or another, but looking back it sure would be nice to have had another crack at names like Rooney, Curtis, Bullock, Heising, Lund, Bowman, Dahlquist, Snodgrass, Norby, and others whose names escape me right now. For sure it's very much an inexact science, but you do hope to attract "more than your share" of Minnesota's very best every year, open scholarships permitting.
                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Sorry, I can't tell you who I saw diving other than that I noticed the Bowlby kid because she really played it up. Agree that Cornell is getting a couple of good players.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                    Well you obviously don't have enough scholarships to land everyone you'd like, but it seems to me that the Gophers have missed on more of the real talented Minnesota high school players (including some who've blossomed into real talented players after high school) than used to be the case. Granted there will always be some who "get away" for one reason or another, but looking back it sure would be nice to have had another crack at names like Rooney, Curtis, Bullock, Heising, Lund, Bowman, Dahlquist, Snodgrass, Norby, and others whose names escape me right now. For sure it's very much an inexact science, but you do hope to attract "more than your share" of Minnesota's very best every year, open scholarships permitting.
                    I think there are several problems. First is that there is too much pressure to recruit too young. You will always guess wrong a couple of times. Next I think some kids might not fit a specific schools program. I know coaches, if they are honest, will tell potentials that they will fit/grow/play more at a different school. (Pieper transferred on the advice of her old coach because MN had the degree program she wanted). Last, I think kids will think of more than just the rink when they look at schools. Campus size, atmosphere, reputation all can make a kid want to pick a different school. TL;DR: some will always "get away" for one reason or another.
                    Last edited by ne7minder; 02-19-2018, 01:09 PM. Reason: GOt the wrong transfer - thanks ARM

Comment

Originally posted by mattj711 View Post
                      Thanks!
                      Mattj711...I don't know if you saw any information earlier on the stream of the first Edina/Blake meeting on Jan 20th but that stream is archived for viewing on this site:

http://www.youthhockeyhub.com/page/s...rchived-games-

Go to the third column "Rink 3 Games" and locate the entry for Blake vs Edina game 1/20 at 4PM. The game was a bit delayed in starting so you can go to about the 7 minute mark for the start of the game. You'll get a look at both #7 and #8 for Blake if you care to.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                        Reilly transferred on the advice of her old coach because MN had the degree program she wanted.
                        Are you thinking of Pieper? I doubt that Reilly's old coach would have been that focused on the big picture.
                        "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Mattj711...I don't know if you saw any information earlier on the stream of the first Edina/Blake meeting on Jan 20th but that stream is archived for viewing on this site:

http://www.youthhockeyhub.com/page/s...rchived-games-

Go to the third column "Rink 3 Games" and locate the entry for Blake vs Edina game 1/20 at 4PM. The game was a bit delayed in starting so you can go to about the 7 minute mark for the start of the game. You'll get a look at both #7 and #8 for Blake if you care to.
                          Thank you! I will check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                            Are you thinking of Pieper? I doubt that Reilly's old coach would have been that focused on the big picture.
                            Yes, thanks for catching that. It was indeed Pieper.

Comment

UMD bound Gabbie Hughes named the Star Tribune's Metro Player of the Year.

http://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/news...rrer_id=868951
                              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

In early Class A action today, Breck advances with 9-2 win over Marshall and Proctor-Hermantown defeats Red Wing 3-1

Comment

Working...
                                X