Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Girls High School Hockey IV

Originally posted by gordie&wayne View Post
    Are we really treating these high school athletes like they are professionals by calling them out in a negative light? If I could offer some advice it would go like this: think twice when you want to comment negatively about a kid and take the high road. If you can't be positive then don't say anything at all. It feels like you may have an ulterior motive here?
    You gotta love a first post virtue signalling the "if you can't be positive then don't say anything at all" bit disguised as advice. On the fan forum no less...Nicely done.
    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
      You gotta love a first post virtue signalling the "if you can't be positive then don't say anything at all" bit disguised as advice. On the fan forum no less...Nicely done.
      1st post or not...hard to deny the advice and the content.

Comment

Originally posted by gordie&wayne View Post
        Are we really treating these high school athletes like they are professionals by calling them out in a negative light? . . .
        The theatrics in the 3rd you mention definitely appeared to me to be some gamemanship. Of course I don't know because I wasn't the one who felt the contact. Nonetheless, this type of competitive advantage is something athletes and especially hockey players have been doing for years. Have you ever watched a faceoff?
        That actually grew out of an earlier comment where it was note that players on both teams were diving. You may see it as gamesmanship but a lot of people disagree & think it cheapens the whole game. As for contact, there was none in a couple of cases and it was looking like the soccer clowns throwing themselves on the ground screaming in pain from a breeze. I'd just as soon hockey does not get that bad.

I have watched hockey for 60 years so yeah, I have seen a few faceoffs & it is sad you can't see the difference between that and diving.

Comment

Does anyone know how many teams Minnesota will be sending to Nationals this year in Boston?

Comment

• Originally posted by hockeymakesmebroke View Post
            Does anyone know how many teams Minnesota will be sending to Nationals this year in Boston?
            You can check My Hockey Rankings.com website - there’s a small American flag icon next to any team that has qualified for nationals so far. As more State & Regional tournaments conclude more teams will qualify. As of now only the MN Green Giants u14, SSM u16 & u19 have officially qualified. Others may receive at large bids later.

Comment

Thank you, I will check the site.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeymakesmebroke View Post
                The Sky Blue team won the playoff game in the fall against the Shattuck 16u team, but I haven't heard that they are actually going to Massachusetts. I'm guessing only the two Shattuck teams and the Green Giant team out of the fall 14u league that Minnesota Hockey runs will be the only teams.

Comment

• the Minnesota Wild made an unsolicited offer to asst coach Darby Hendrickson to miss last Saturday's game against Edmonton to fly home and see his son play in the championship game.

So he got to see his son and Minnetonka beat Duluth East and win the state tournament. That's pretty cool!!

Comment

This is a pretty cool moment from the tournament also.

Sweet moment of goofy sportsmanship during the state hockey tournament
                    http://www.startribune.com/sweet-mom...ent/476539113/
                    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Carly Beniek from Breck made #1 on the 2018 Minnesota State High School All Hockey Hair Team...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=dwDpSKDyKRU

Comment

Clarkson incoming 2018 class has Morgan Helgeson from Hill Murray. Can anyone tell me anything about her game? thanks.
                        Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                        And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                        WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                        If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

MINNESOTA PREMIER PREP GREEN SKATES TO INAUGURAL HIGH SCHOOL GIRLS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP

https://nationals.usahockey.com/news...le/show/901329

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                            Clarkson incoming 2018 class has Morgan Helgeson from Hill Murray. Can anyone tell me anything about her game? thanks.
                            First off, a disclaimer...I have seen Hill Murray a few times but it has been to mostly to see their first line of Boreen(Minnesota), Blinkhorn(BU), and Kaufman(Merrimack) play. I think the thing I can say about Helgeson is that that I don't remember a lot about her and that's in a good way as in not making glaring mistakes. Hill Murray as a whole is a very good skating team and she can hold her own in that area.

Early on, Hill Murray relied heavily on their first line for scoring but I recall an interview with the coach who said he was pleased with the improvement the team made in secondary scoring as the year progressed.

My guess is that she will possibly be a lower line, fit into a role, kind of player for Clarkson.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                              First off, a disclaimer...I have seen Hill Murray a few times but it has been to mostly to see their first line of Boreen(Minnesota), Blinkhorn(BU), and Kaufman(Merrimack) play. I think the thing I can say about Helgeson is that that I don't remember a lot about her and that's in a good way as in not making glaring mistakes. Hill Murray as a whole is a very good skating team and she can hold her own in that area.

Early on, Hill Murray relied heavily on their first line for scoring but I recall an interview with the coach who said he was pleased with the improvement the team made in secondary scoring as the year progressed.

My guess is that she will possibly be a lower line, fit into a role, kind of player for Clarkson.
                              Stats for her senior season are here: https://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/ros...bseason=420956

(5th in points on her team) https://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/ros...bseason=420956

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                                Thanks to both of you. I did see her stats previously. Just was looking for any other info on her game. Clarkson graduates 3 senior forwards who were all role players and did not score much during their careers. Hopefully she can provide a bit more scoring punch to a 2nd or 3rd line.
                                Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                                And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                                WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                                If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Working...
                                X