Minnesota Girls High School Hockey IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    If you would care to get a look at both Oden and Zumwinkle, Edina and Breck have a game scheduled tonight at Braemar Ice Arena, at 6:00PM. Thinking about taking that in myself.
    If you are not here you are missing the best HS girls game I have ever see. Edina has team speed on all 3 lines and is driving a very good Breck crazy.

Very physical also but clean. B broke out to a 3-0 lead but E has been relentless and at the end of 2 it is 3-2.

Comment

• Re: Minnesota Girls High School Hockey IV

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
      If you would care to get a look at both Oden and Zumwinkle, Edina and Breck have a game scheduled tonight at Braemar Ice Arena, at 6:00PM. Thinking about taking that in myself.
      Thanks, but got back home last night.

Now back to the US vs Slovakia men's junior game.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
        If you are not here you are missing the best HS girls game I have ever see. Edina has team speed on all 3 lines and is driving a very good Breck crazy.

Very physical also but clean. B broke out to a 3-0 lead but E has been relentless and at the end of 2 it is 3-2.
        I got home later than I thought so like Blackbeard I wound up watching the World Junior game. Thanks for the update and if you could, let us know how the game ended?
        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

I got home later than I thought so like Blackbeard I wound up watching the World Junior game. Thanks for the update and if you could, let us know how the game ended?
          3-3 tie. Edina got a 6 on 5 goal with 1:31 left and OT was crazy with several chances both ways. We left before the shootout so it is a tie to us & MSHSL

Comment

3-3 tie. Edina got a 6 on 5 goal with 1:31 left and OT was crazy with several chances both ways. We left before the shootout so it is a tie to us & MSHSL
            I absolutely HATE when any tournament championships are decided by a shootout! OK (I suppose) for regular season games, but for post-season and championship tournament play, no way!
            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
              I absolutely HATE when any tournament championships are decided by a shootout! OK (I suppose) for regular season games, but for post-season and championship tournament play, no way!
              Breck won the shootout(thanks to a fellow commenter for sending that news) and in my opinion Edina was clearly the better team. That counts for nothing in a shootout.

Breck may not have gotten a SOG in the third period Edina was that dominant, though it did look like B was trying to sit on that 1 goal for the final 6-8 minutes, they might have just been gassed. B played better in OT and had a couple chances but E was still the better team. B has a good team but could not match E line for line with speed and play making.

Breck is #2 in 1A behind Blake who beat them earlier. They play again on the 10th and I want to see that game.

EDIT. Just realized the 10th is during the U18 interruption. Both teams will be short their star so why bother?
              Last edited by ne7minder; 12-29-2016, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Latest rankings

GIRLS CLASS AA (first-place votes) – Dec 28th, 2016
                Rank Team Record Last Week
                1. Edina (10) 12-0-0 1
                2. Maple Grove 10-2-0 2
                3. Eden Prairie 11-2-0 3
                4. Elk River/Z 10-2-0 4
                5. Hill-Murray 10-2-0 5
                6. Blaine ....... 8-2-0 6
                7. Lakeville South 10-4-0 8
                8. Centennial 8-6-0 7
                9. Minnetonka 5-5-2 13
                10. Cretin D-Hall 7-3-2 9
                11. Forest Lake 5-3-1 10
                12. Chaska/Chan 6-7-0 11
                13. Wayzata ... 7-6-0 12
                14. Mounds View 8-2-0 14
                15. Hopkins/Park 11-3-0 15
                16. Eagan ...... 6-5-2 16
                17. White Bear L 8-4-0 17
                18. Lakeville North 7-6-0 RV
                19. Shakopee ... 8-3-3 19
                20. Dodge County 8-4-0 18
                Receiving votes: Brainerd/Little Falls, Eastview, Stillwater Area, Grand Rapids/Greenway

GIRLS CLASS A (first-place votes) – Dec. 28th, 2016
                Rank Team Record Last Week
                1. Blake (10) 8-1-1 1
                2. Breck ..... 9-3-0 2
                3. St. Paul United 12-2-1 4
                4. Warroad .... 7-5-1 3
                5. Proctor/Herm 11-3-0 7
                6. Thief River F. 12-4-0 5
                7. Delano ... 11-2-0 6
                8. New Prague 7-4-1 8
                9. Princeton ... 12-3-0 9
                10. Red Wing . 10-3-1 12
                11. South St. Paul 6-4-1 13
                12. Hibbing/Ch. 5-5-0 10
                13. Alexandria 4-4-1 11
                14. East Grand F. 6-3-1 14
                15. Moose Lake 11-2-1 16
                16. Mound W. 9-4-0 18
                17. Northfield ... 5-6-1 15
                18. Orono ... 3-5-1 17
                19. New Ulm .. 10-1-1 20
                20. Hutchinson 6-3-0 RV
                Receiving votes: Owatanna

Comment

What's up with the Tonka girls program? I realize you can't win a title every year, but iirc they've not been a top flight team the past few years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    What's up with the Tonka girls program? I realize you can't win a title every year, but iirc they've not been a top flight team the past few years.
                    Tonka was definitely relevant last year,just lost in sections...this year they returned only 5 skaters and 0 goalies...with large association numbers they will be fine

Comment

I see that Tonka just won Eden Prairie's "Mid-Winter Meltdown" Tournament. Although they are down some compared to recent teams they are still very competitive.

Comment

Breck won the shootout(thanks to a fellow commenter for sending that news) and in my opinion Edina was clearly the better team.

Breck may not have gotten a SOG in the third period Edina was that dominant, though it did look like B was trying to sit on that 1 goal for the final 6-8 minutes, they might have just been gassed. B played better in OT and had a couple chances but E was still the better team. B has a good team but could not match E line for line with speed and play making.
                        I was really impressed with Edina's speed and with several of their players' excellent skating ability. Very talented and it was a pleasure to watch them.

Nice facility too.

Comment

I know we’re in the holiday doldrums, but how can anyone back here in the Elite East not be bowled over by reading this thread? Seriously. Location, location, location. There you have shout-outs for Braemar Ice Arena at 6:00PM! And if you can’t manage to compare the speed of Edina with the persistence of Breck you can console yourself watching the US-Slovakia World Juniors!! Talk about passion!!! Here we have a couple of prep schools and Assabet. Can’t you guys dilute both the fan and the talent pool with a little field hockey, or chlorinate it with water polo (both thirteen-month sports, btw)? Don’t you want to see us in the Frozen Four again before 2050? Oden vs. Zumwinkle! Sheesh . . . we wish.

And another Potomak on the way? Woe is us.
                          Last edited by thirdtime's . . .; 12-30-2016, 07:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by thirdtime's . . . View Post
                            Oden vs. Zumwinkle! Sheesh . . . we wish.
                            Oden vs Zumwinkle...That really does sound epic doesn't it.
                            At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Oden vs Zumwinkle...That really does sound epic doesn't it.
                              Oden in ancent German means "master if ecstasy" and was known as a wonderer with little regard for justice but a bringer of wisdom.

I think she will bring ecstasy to gopher fans and wisdom to opponents (she will make them 'smart').

Zumwinkle, 'at an angle', will hit from every angle for sure.

Comment

Cambridge-Isanti junior Aly Niebur breaks the Minnesota girls high school hockey state record for scoring the 3 quickest goals ever, in just 15 seconds! The record was previously held by former Benilde-St. Margaret's star and current Gopher Kelly Pannek, who managed to score her 3 in 22 seconds, back in 2012.

http://kstp.com/sports/cambridge-isa...870/?cat=10564

Comment

Working...
                                X