Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2/20/15 - Will the lake affect the Cards? Stout hearts Yellowjackets! PLAYOFFS!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2/20/15 - Will the lake affect the Cards? Stout hearts Yellowjackets! PLAYOFFS!

Final score....

Hobart - 2
    Elmira - 1

Comment

Re: 2/20/15 - Will the lake affect the Cards? Stout hearts Yellowjackets! PLAYOFFS!

SUNYAC playoffs are a mess........
      LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

Now how costly was Geneseo loss for the Cardinals ?? Thanks ref #28, you changed the whole season for a team !!

Comment

Getting a little chippy. SNC leads 4-0 after 2. SOG now 34-9.

Adrian up 2-0 after 2

MSOE leads Marian 4-3
          St. Norbert College Green Knights
          NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
          NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
          NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
          ---
          SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Saints17 View Post
            SUNYAC playoffs are a mess........
            If one can figure it out, can they get their Master's degree?
            Twitter: DanMountSports
            2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by Cards81 View Post
              Now how costly was Geneseo loss for the Cardinals ?? Thanks ref #28, you changed the whole season for a team !!
              I know it's cold comfort, but Maciejewski doesn't appear to have worked a SUNYAC game since. On the other hand, it also appears that the Geneseo game was only his 5th SUNYAC matchup ever, so Plattsburgh got pretty dang unlucky in that regard.
              Go Cards: win or lose, The Better Team.
              A Lot of (Sometimes Tainted) SUNYAC Championships
              A Handful of ECAC West Championships
              A Number of NCAA Appearances, Including Several Trips to the Final Four, Though Some of Them Don't Count
              Some National Championships:
              Women's (THIS YEAR, LAST YEAR, A Couple Years Back, '08, '07)
              Men's (Wow Look at the Time Pass, A While before That)

Comment

Utica and Nazareth skate to 1-1 tie.
                2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

That ref "changed the whole season" for Plattsburgh....really?

Comment

SNC wins 5-0
                    St. Norbert College Green Knights
                    NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
                    NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
                    NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                    ---
                    SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

You had to be there

Originally posted by llama View Post

That ref "changed the whole season" for Plattsburgh....really?

Comment

You had to be there
                        I was there. It was some of the worst officiating I have ever seen. And yes, it likely cost us the #1 seed. Big deal...

Look, the difference between #1 and #2 is home ice. And ot doesn't matter where they play, Oswego is a tough team to beat, and we were going to have to beat them in March to get Pool A no matter what. They beat us on home ice in December, so that basically proves that home ice doesn't mean diddly. And with 4 losses and a mediocre SOS, Pool C was already a long shot, if not impossible.

All I'm saying is, as terrible as that officiating was, and as much as it may have sucked to lose that one, it didn't decide jack as far as the season is concerned. So do me a favor: Shut up, quit your whining (you're embarrassing the rest of us), and join me in supporting our Plattsburgh State Cardinals in the semifinal game next weekend.
                        Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                        SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                        ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                        NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                        NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                        NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                        NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Geez, I wouldn't want to embarrass anyone there Nate...try some decaf. Yeah, you're right, the 2 points wouldn't have meant a thing. Only 1st place, and we'd have only 4 losses at this point (right in the Pool C hunt), but you're right that game wasn't a deciding factor at all. So do me a favor: Don't tell people to Shut up and get some of your facts straight.

Comment

Geez, I wouldn't want to embarrass anyone there Nate...try some decaf. Yeah, you're right, the 2 points wouldn't have meant a thing. Only 1st place, and we'd have only 4 losses at this point (right in the Pool C hunt), but you're right that game wasn't a deciding factor at all. So do me a favor: Don't tell people to Shut up and get some of your facts straight.
                            As I said, 1st place in the SUNYAC doesn't mean a thing. And at 4 losses and a mediocre SOS and RNK, Pool C was already gone.

But whatever, this is the last I will post about this. Do what you want, buddy. If you need to keep whining when the rest of Plattsburgh, including the team and coaching staff (I.e. The people who really matter), has already moved on a long time ago, that's your decision. If that helps you sleep at night, have fun with that.

Oh, and GO CARDS!
                            Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                            SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                            ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                            NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                            NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                            NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                            NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

I was just making a point. For your info, I've been closely connected with this program for a long, long time as a player and a fan. You don't need to lecture me and tell me who matters and who doesn't. Wish there was an icon with a certain hand gesture.

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                                As I said, 1st place in the SUNYAC doesn't mean a thing. And at 4 losses and a mediocre SOS and RNK, Pool C was already gone.

But whatever, this is the last I will post about this. Do what you want, buddy. If you need to keep whining when the rest of Plattsburgh, including the team and coaching staff (I.e. The people who really matter), has already moved on a long time ago, that's your decision. If that helps you sleep at night, have fun with that.

Oh, and GO CARDS!
                                +1
                                Oswego'08, '10

From the shores of Lake Ontario to the island of Hilton Head...

2011-2012 SUNYAC Pick 'Em Champion!
                                2011-2012 D3FHL Overall Points Champs!

Comment

Working...
                                X