Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech at Minnesota State 2/27-2/28: Who wants the MacNaughton Cup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech at Minnesota State 2/27-2/28: Who wants the MacNaughton Cup?

Happy to see Mankato do this well, especially since it's probably the first time they've had a target on their back since going Div I and they held serve. Good luck to both teams unless they should have to play UM.

Comment

• Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
      Haha. That's why we all booed when they named him fan of the game.

4 years of hockey while getting a degree is something to be cheered for no matter where you are. And kudos the Mavs players for including us with their lap. Speaking of the I guy... Williams noticed him too, gave him the chest shake he was doing all night as they slated by. Absolutely hilarious.
      Although it wasn't planned, it was great meeting you and some of the other MTU Alumni. I truly do hope we see you in Boston.
      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
        BGSU needs to stop losing or they might find themselves out of the tournament.
        Since I don't get all the math on this stuff, are BGSU's recent struggles affecting Tech and Kato's RPI or QWB, or any other acronyms?

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech at Minnesota State 2/27-2/28: Who wants the MacNaughton Cup?

That is some bull**** the staff decided to be a bunch dicks about cowbells (especially so late into the weekend). It's too bad you techies are too nice to ignore their complaints and keep playing the cowbells. The good news is you ****ed off Cowbell Guy: https://www.facebook.com/TheCowbellB...nf&pnref=story

tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Biddco View Post
            The good news is you ****ed off Cowbell Guy: https://www.facebook.com/TheCowbellB...nf&pnref=story

Good. That guy is a complete area clown.
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
              I've never had anybody say anything about my cowbell. Security has even asked what's in my jacket pocket, and I've told them it's a cowbell.

I had no idea we weren't allowed to have cowbells anymore.... I've been stopped by security and told them I had a cowbell and they let me through. When did the cowbell ban go into effect? Not even the small hand-held bells are allowed anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by MnMaverick View Post
                I had no idea we weren't allowed to have cowbells anymore.... I've been stopped by security and told them I had a cowbell and they let me through. When did the cowbell ban go into effect? Not even the small hand-held bells are allowed anymore?
                From the sounds of it it's in effect when you're a fan of the opposing team.
                2005-2006: 7-25-6
                2006-2007: 18-17-5
                2007-2008: 14-20-5
                2008-2009: 6-25-7
                2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by MnMaverick View Post
                  I think what they were told was that people were tired of hearing the noise and complained. It was probably just to stop the opposing fans from being loud.
                  tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                    I think what they were told was that people were tired of hearing the noise and complained. It was probably just to stop the opposing fans from being loud.
                    Yup we were told old people were annoyed by the noise. Then stay home.
                    MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

• Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                      Although it wasn't planned, it was great meeting you and some of the other MTU Alumni. I truly do hope we see you in Boston.
                      Agreed! If we are there most of our group is going. We will bring our new white towels if we need to
                      MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                        That is some bull**** the staff decided to be a bunch dicks about cowbells (especially so late into the weekend). It's too bad you techies are too nice to ignore their complaints and keep playing the cowbells. The good news is you ****ed off Cowbell Guy: https://www.facebook.com/TheCowbellB...nf&pnref=story

Ha! My message got deleted and I got blocked from the group!
                        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

One complaint I have is that where we were sitting people had no clue to wait until a stoppage to return to their seats. Several times we had to stand to let people into the row in the middle of play, and many more times people were walking up the stairs blocking our view. It's common courtesy, people!
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                            One complaint I have is that where we were sitting people had no clue to wait until a stoppage to return to their seats. Several times we had to stand to let people into the row in the middle of play, and many more times people were walking up the stairs blocking our view. It's common courtesy, people!
                            Those are the people I hope take a puck to the head.
                            2005-2006: 7-25-6
                            2006-2007: 18-17-5
                            2007-2008: 14-20-5
                            2008-2009: 6-25-7
                            2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

the better team won. except for a few times, we weren't able to play our game and that's because they stopped us. and yes, the reffing was bad, but I don't think there was a specific call that affected the game.

Congratulations Mavs on the MacNaughton! its a beautiful trophy, take good care of it. we still want it back one of these years!
                              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

and to the cowbell thing - its not college hockey without a cowbell - the only thing annoying is if you sit directly in front or behind it. the Misfits don't do that to non Misfit fans.
                                Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                                "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                                Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                                Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Working...
                                X