Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech at Minnesota State 2/27-2/28: Who wants the MacNaughton Cup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech at Minnesota State 2/27-2/28: Who wants the MacNaughton Cup?

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    I think it was "take your kid to the rink and let him play TV broadcaster" night. Maybe they should do a kids comedy act with the stage names Clutch and Grab?
    I'd believe it. Those announcers were embarrassing to Mankato.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech at Minnesota State 2/27-2/28: Who wants the MacNaughton Cup?

they couldn't even get Houghton right!

Mel sounded hoarse and not very happy. except with Jamie.
      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

If Tech plays their game, they win easy. That was probably the worst game we've played in 5 weeks.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I was about to say something similar - not sure Mankato could have had things go better, but Tech could have played much better.
          Ryan J
          Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
          Originally posted by geezer
          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
          Originally posted by manurespreader
          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
            If Tech plays their game, they win easy. That was probably the worst game we've played in 5 weeks.
            I guess I should be happy with a tie having two top 6 forwards out against a tech team that played mediocre tonight..

Phillips was fantastic tonight, but I don't care who you're missing, you have to win those games. Granted, in the tournament it would've kept going and they just might've, but time to capitalize on your chances.
            Last edited by MavHockey14; 02-27-2015, 10:01 PM.
            AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

These Mankato announcers don't know what the **** they're talking about. They have no clue how Tech plays hockey now.

Haven't been a "clutch and grab" team since Russell left.
              Our announcers are embarrassing.
              AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

I think I aged 10 years watching that game. I will take the 1 point seeing how we played.
                2005-2006: 7-25-6
                2006-2007: 18-17-5
                2007-2008: 14-20-5
                2008-2009: 6-25-7
                2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

You have to credit mankato for a lot of Tech's problems, they did very well pinching off the breakout and in their own zone they were real good. I think Tech suffered from not playing good competition for a while now.
                  MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

These Mankato announcers don't know what the **** they're talking about. They have no clue how Tech plays hockey now.

Haven't been a "clutch and grab" team since Russell left.
                    They are just describing crappy hockey DL! Haha which wasn't played tonight!

The color guy is brutal.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Clark Fan Club View Post
                      They are just describing crappy hockey DL! Haha which wasn't played tonight!

The color guy is brutal.
                      Better than doug woog by a long shot.
                      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

A team as good as Mankato deserves better announcers. They embarrassed themselves in one of the premier games of the season. At least the Mankato team didn't. They were everything we expected. Great players...great coaching.....great fans. You could tell the atmosphere there was electric. Now I really wish I had made the drive. Mel will have the boys squared away for tomorrow's game. Please do something about those announcers. They made a really good game hard to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by UpNorthHockey View Post
                          A team as good as Mankato deserves better announcers. They embarrassed themselves in one of the premier games of the season. At least the Mankato team didn't. They were everything we expected. Great players...great coaching.....great fans. You could tell the atmosphere there was electric. Now I really wish I had made the drive. Mel will have the boys squared away for tomorrow's game. Please do something about those announcers. They made a really good game hard to watch.
                          Yes they are pretty pathetic and embarrassing. When I can't make it to the game I watch it on tv, turn down the volume and listen to the local radio station. Much better. Fantastic crowd tonight. Everybody stood for the last 7 minutes of regulation and all of overtime. Haven't seen that in a while in Mankato. Tech fans were extremely loud. Nice job.

Comment

like our coach said - Mankato brought its A game and we brought our C game. I hope we can pull together our A game tomorrow and really see who is the better team.
                            Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                            "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                            Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                            Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

• Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                              like our coach said - Mankato brought its A game and we brought our C game. I hope we can pull together our A game tomorrow and really see who is the better team.
                              What I don't really care for is when a team says they brought their C game! If you look at the maverick's season, you will see 30+ shots to 20ish shots. Their D is shut down and the offense controls the puck! There may be a reason they didn't play well and that is because the other team didn't let them!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Clark Fan Club View Post
                                What I don't really care for is when a team says they brought their C game! If you look at the maverick's season, you will see 30+ shots to 20ish shots. Their D is shut down and the offense controls the puck! There may be a reason they didn't play well and that is because the other team didn't let them!
                                No one is discounting MSU so knock it off, it was obvious that MTU can play better, a lot of that was because MSU brought their a game...
                                If MTU had lost, we wouldn't have said MTU lost, we would have said MSU outplayed us and deserved to win. You're looking for a fight when he's not trying to pick one...
                                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Working...
                                X