Bill Beaney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bill Beaney

Has the quality of NE Prep School hockey changed much over the last ten years with the growth of EJHL/USPHL/AAA hockey in the area?

Comment

Originally posted by AVFC View Post
      Has the quality of NE Prep School hockey changed much over the last ten years with the growth of EJHL/USPHL/AAA hockey in the area?
      I haven't watched a lot of prep hockey recently but from what i've heard and what i've seen...no. EHL/USPHL are still the same as their old counterparts. Might be able to make a case with AAA but I would say other junior leagues, OJ, CJ, etc. would be bigger impacts on prep than the former 2.

Comment

Not to add to the conversation, but, I just realized that I'm nearly 70 years old and Bill Beaney can only be about 5-10 years behind me, so, I'm guessing that he is starting to look for a new endeavor to take up his time.(Meaning his heart may not be in it as much as it used to be.)
        Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

Hockeydb.com shows that Coach Beaney played at UNH from 1970-1973, presumably as a senior in '72-73 (he could not have played in '69-70, as freshmen were ineligible back then). A very rough cut puts him at about a 1950-51 birthdate, so he's 64-65 this year. Adjust accordingly, and your mileage may vary.
          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
            Hockeydb.com shows that Coach Beaney played at UNH from 1970-1973, presumably as a senior in '72-73 (he could not have played in '69-70, as freshmen were ineligible back then). A very rough cut puts him at about a 1950-51 birthdate, so he's 64-65 this year. Adjust accordingly, and your mileage may vary.

Born July 21, 1951
            Last edited by norm1909; 02-27-2015, 07:52 PM.
            Larry Normandin
            SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
            WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
              One of the many branches off the Charlie Holt coaching tree.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Does anybody know when (or if) Middlebury has ever had a poorer season than the one that ended Saturday with clinching the seven-seed and another first-round loss?

Comment

Originally posted by Golden007 View Post
                  Does anybody know when (or if) Middlebury has ever had a poorer season than the one that ended Saturday with clinching the seven-seed and another first-round loss?
                  http://www.uscho.com/stats/coach/mid,82/bill-beaney/
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

I wonder what impact dealing with this has had on him.
                    Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Considering his career as a whole, I'm more than willing to cut him plenty of slack.

Comment

The suggestion that hockey coaches are the players' fiduciaries is hilarious. Did this kid grow up playing the same sport I did?

Comment

Originally posted by Meehan Popcorn Guy View Post
                          The suggestion that hockey coaches are the players' fiduciaries is hilarious. Did this kid grow up playing the same sport I did?
                          4 years of back-and-forth!

More info/background is here.
                          Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                            Considering his career as a whole, I'm more than willing to cut him plenty of slack.
                            But right now Middlebury is in slack water.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                              4 years of back-and-forth!

More info/background is here.
                              Ugh, replete with peanut-gallery comments from whiny supposed ex-players. As I said way back when the issue first came up, the only thing this suit was ever going to accomplish was reinforcing unfair stereotypes about NESCAC kids.
                              Go Cards: win or lose, The Better Team.
                              A Lot of (Sometimes Tainted) SUNYAC Championships
                              A Handful of ECAC West Championships
                              A Number of NCAA Appearances, Including Several Trips to the Final Four, Though Some of Them Don't Count
                              Some National Championships:
                              Women's (THIS YEAR, LAST YEAR, A Couple Years Back, '08, '07)
                              Men's (Wow Look at the Time Pass, A While before That)

Comment

Originally posted by Dyce View Post
                                Ugh, replete with peanut-gallery comments from whiny supposed ex-players. As I said way back when the issue first came up, the only thing this suit was ever going to accomplish was reinforcing unfair stereotypes about NESCAC kids.
                                The suit was about far less offensive behavior than has happened since. Nobody is suing any more (that wouldn't work anyways)....they're leaving instead.

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09
                                Per local TV reporters, Middlebury Athletics has called a 3:30pm press conference today...No word on what its about yet.
                                Let's hope it's a retirement announcement. This program needs and deserves better than it's gotten recently. The good years were very good, but that's ancient history, and this program is a mediocre disappointment that is sinking further and further.

Comment

Working...
                                X