Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EMERGENCY - I'm drinking and the old drinking thread is closed!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: EMERGENCY - I'm drinking and the old drinking thread is closed!

Founders Azacca IPA, and Atwater Brewery Bockefeller Lager. The Azacca is an IPA made from the Azacca hop, and the Bockefeller is a high-gravity lager. Both tasty.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Stone Coffee Milk Stout. Very tasty -- there's a nice aftertaste that washes out the bitterness that coffee stouts can run to -- in a blind test I'd probably have called this a dark chocolate stout instead.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Stone Coffee Milk Stout. Very tasty -- there's a nice aftertaste that washes out the bitterness that coffee stouts can run to -- in a blind test I'd probably have called this a dark chocolate stout instead.
        You might like their Mocha IPA and would definitely like the Xocoveza. Those two beers are about the only Stones I've ever cared for, and I've actually bought those more than once, which is saying something.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I just made some hot chocolate with little white marshmallows using my little coffee maker. What kind of alcohol should I put in it?
          2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
          2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
          2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
          2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
          2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
          2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
          2009 D-III TOP runner-up
          Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
          1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

I want alcohol.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              I want alcohol.
              Lots of special releases tomorrow in the metro-ish area. Lift Bridge, Badger Hill, Central Waters (although that IS WI, not MSP area), Hammerheart, and one other.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                Lots of special releases tomorrow in the metro-ish area. Lift Bridge, Badger Hill, Central Waters (although that IS WI, not MSP area), Hammerheart, and one other.
                Lift Bridge, Badger Hill, Hammerheart, Fair State, Day Block, Northgate all had releases.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                  Lift Bridge, Badger Hill, Hammerheart, Fair State, Day Block, Northgate all had releases.
                  Traded an Abyss Brandy for the Hammerheart. Trading a BA Silhouette for an Abyss Scotch. Also picking up my 2012-2016 + 2015 BA Darkness set today. I have been busy this past weekend.

Comment

• Bell's Smitten Golden Rye Ale
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                      Bell's Smitten Golden Rye Ale
                      That is a decent beer. I was a bit surprised by it.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        That is a decent beer. I was a bit surprised by it.
                        I had no expectations for this beer. I was pleasantly surprised!

Comment

Picked up Founders Imperial Stout from Meijer tonight.

Definitely not a "session" ale.

Comment

As a whiskey and then beer fan, I'm finding myself enjoying a glass of Cabernet over even a beer like KBS or some other fairly rare beer. I've found myself reaching for the wine list before I read the beer or whiskey menu.

What's surprising is that this has been a fairly rapid progression since the first glass of wine I really enjoyed was in late October.

The complexity in wine surpasses that of beer in the vast majority of cases without having to worry too much about handling, going sour, or carbonation after opening and having a glass on one night and another in a few days.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

As a whiskey and then beer fan, I'm finding myself enjoying a glass of Cabernet over even a beer like KBS or some other fairly rare beer. I've found myself reaching for the wine list before I read the beer or whiskey menu.

What's surprising is that this has been a fairly rapid progression since the first glass of wine I really enjoyed was in late October.

The complexity in wine surpasses that of beer in the vast majority of cases without having to worry too much about handling, going sour, or carbonation after opening and having a glass on one night and another in a few days.
                              I just can't do wine. I've tried a few, and it is not my thing. Lambic beers are as close as I can get.

Comment

I can drink wine, and will have a glass with a meal occasionally, but it just never grew on me. Give me a well done fresh IPA, or a good complex stout or barleywine every time over a glass of wine. Or even better, a good complex sour, not some one note kettle sour either.
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X