Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EMERGENCY - I'm drinking and the old drinking thread is closed!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: EMERGENCY - I'm drinking and the old drinking thread is closed!

I'm about variety.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      . I shop at total wine because they have the best selection with the best price. My local liquor stores kinda blow. C
      Cellars in White Bear Lake isn't far from you and that is considered a pretty good beer selection store.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Lucked into a bottle of 2015 Bourbon County Rare today...

Spendy but now I'm content. Probably will have buyers remorse at some point.

Anyone familiar with the Heaven's Hill Whisky that provided the barrels? Can't say I've heard of it, but I'm not familiar with much A-list whisky.
        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Heaven hill is good. They also make Elijah Craig among others. Typically higher in wheat than rye.
          Code:
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Heaven hill is good. They also make Elijah Craig among others. Typically higher in wheat than rye.
            And just hope the Rare didn't turn sour like most of the BCS beers did last year. I haven't HEARD of the Rare being infected, but it's very possible it was.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I didn't have a single sour beer from last year.
              Code:

Comment

LUCKY! I was 1 for 3 on my bottles (all regular BCS) for them being good.

Edit: they were infected again this year, but it was caught before release, hence the lack of volume compared to years' past. Heard something like a tenth of distribution, per a local distributor. Yes, people were fired.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Yeah, most places gots case if they were lucky.
                  Code:

Comment

Yeah, most places gots case if they were lucky.
                    My two stores got none. Had to trade for mine. Their distributor felt horrible. Had to tell dozens of stores, "Yep, no BCS this year. Period."

Flagship beer, and screwed it up two years in a row. What in the hell are you doing over there?

That being said, Abyss and variants soon to hit the stores. Yum. And Surly BA Darkness in the next month or two.

Comment

Also, I doubt people were fired.
                      Code:

Comment

Also, I doubt people were fired.
                        Um, when you ruin a flagship beer, dumping (reportedly) a ton of beer? Heads are gonna roll. 2nd year in a row. They just caught it in time this year. BBDL is still owed $70 in refunds from last year. Just sayin'.

Comment

I had 5. They still haven't paid me back. I finally got a response from them today, but will wait until I have a clearer head before responding. I will never buy another beer from them, but I really want that **** $70 check.
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I dunno. Batches at work are scrapped at work a number of times a year. It happens.
                            Code:

Comment

I dunno. Batches at work are scrapped at work a number of times a year. It happens.
                              I know one distributor got 115~ cases last year, plus some cases of variants, and this year he got no variants and less than 10 cases, due to the problem. That's not right.

Comment

Yeah, but it happens. Who are you going to fire? The brewmaster? The floor staff?
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X