Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EMERGENCY - I'm drinking and the old drinking thread is closed!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: EMERGENCY - I'm drinking and the old drinking thread is closed!

Arcadia Ales "Cheap Date," their session ale.

I feel about this the same way I feel about Flat Tire. It's there. It's not terrible, but it's not enough to give it space in my refrigerator again.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Had KBC Red Jacket Amber and KBC Widowmaker this weekend while in Marquette.

We don't get anything from KBC in the Mitten.
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
        Had KBC Red Jacket Amber and KBC Widowmaker this weekend while in Marquette.

We don't get anything from KBC in the Mitten.
        False. You don't get anything KBC in your part of the mitten. I can go over to the Meijer and get Widowmaker, maybe one or two others. Other stores have a better variety, but that's all we need.
        I was told there would be no math...

Comment

KBC here in Mpls is pretty much dead.

1. I think the college hockey fans that we know were the only ones buying it.
          2. The craft beer revolution pretty much shoved them out of shelf space.

At the State Fair yesterday, saw a map of the taprooms/breweries in MN. There was something like 50 just in the metro area of Mpls/St Paul (for the locals, basically the 494/694 loop).

Mentioned on GPL, yesterday went window shopping at a store that in the past was very sub-par for beer selection. They upped their game:

Found 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 Deschutes Abyss, AND 2014 and 2015 Deschutes Black Butte Anniversary.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by melmac View Post
            False. You don't get anything KBC in your part of the mitten. I can go over to the Meijer and get Widowmaker, maybe one or two others. Other stores have a better variety, but that's all we need.
            I was wrong. KBC is in the Muskegon Meijer; we get the Red Jacket Amber and the Widowmaker. I picked up a 6 of the Widowmaker tonight.

I also picked up some original Dragon's Milk, which I'm not sharing with anyone.

Comment

Indeed (MN) Rum King will be canned this year. Let's put it this way, I gave it a rare 5 stars on Untappd. Stout aged in Rum Barrels with sugar cane added. Delicious.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Had two bottles of Dragon's Milk tonight. Yummy.

Comment

Good God, Cigar City's Good Gourd continues to be delicious. 9.6%, but tastes just like pumpkin pie.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                    Good God, Cigar City's Good Gourd continues to be delicious. 9.6%, but tastes just like pumpkin pie.
                    I so wish I could get Cigar City in MN.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      I so wish I could get Cigar City in MN.
                      Soon.....Soon...
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                        Soon.....Soon...
                        That Travour thingy? If so...

I'll still have to be very picky, this will be a tough year or two for a fun budget due to other finances, but.....

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          That Travour thingy? If so...

I'll still have to be very picky, this will be a tough year or two for a fun budget due to other finances, but.....
                          No. Not Tavour.

Cigar City is now owned by Oscar Blues. I imagine it is only a matter of time before the distribution is expanded.
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                            No. Not Tavour.

Cigar City is now owned by Oscar Blues. I imagine it is only a matter of time before the distribution is expanded.
                            Oh, please make this happen!

And I found out Total Wine owns Big Top's liquor license. There's one less store I'll go to now.

Comment

Lol
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                Lol
                                (Honestly confused at what you're laughing at).

For the locals, Total Wine's liquor license was denied in Minnetonka last week. They would have been 1200 feet from the Haskell's, and stated they would have closed Big Top that was located across the highway from them. Haskell's would have died very soon, IMO, given how close they would have been to Total Wine. Total Wine is the friggin' Borg. I am unsure if Total Wine owns ALL the Sid's/Big Top (same company) licenses, or just that one in Minnetonka.

Comment

Working...
                                X