Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EMERGENCY - I'm drinking and the old drinking thread is closed!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: EMERGENCY - I'm drinking and the old drinking thread is closed!

Guinness was the beer I drank in college when my friends were drinking **** (Bud Light) at the bar. It was the first beer I was allowed to drink (Irish grandpa used to let me sip the foam/head when I was a kid).

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    From my experience, it isn't a bad beer, but it's nowhere near as good as its reputation or price point would lead you to expect. There are just far too many better choices out there for the same price or even less.
    The brand has likely earned its reputation due to overseas sales, which I'm told get better batches than we do here. As the story was told to me, Guinness sends a different recipe to the USA than it does to Europe and Africa.
    I think that this is the best description. As someone who does not prefer IPAs or lighter beers, it's often the best option at places like baseball games, etc. Like bbdl, stouts are my favorite and I've had many that are better, but am not always able to get them in public.

Comment

Whenever I see this thread title (quickly scanning down the list) I get the urge to watch weekday MeTV at about 4 pm Eastern.
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by the sicatoka View Post
        whenever i see this thread title (quickly scanning down the list) i get the urge to watch weekday metv at about 4 pm eastern.
        kmg-365.
        I was told there would be no math...

Comment

I'm not much of a Scotch guy but a local place has Johnny Walker Gold Reserve Limited for $34.99... MSRP lists at $85.99... Worth picking up just to have a bottle of Scotch around? Can I do better in the <$40 range?
          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
            I'm not much of a Scotch guy but a local place has Johnny Walker Gold Reserve Limited for $34.99... MSRP lists at $85.99... Worth picking up just to have a bottle of Scotch around? Can I do better in the <$40 range?
            Don't buy blended. Just, don't. Regardless of price point.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Had to have Crown & Coke at the bar tonight coz... bar.

Now having a Balvenie 14 Caribbean Cask & Coke. Yummy.

This is how one trolls the drinking thread.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                Don't buy blended. Just, don't. Regardless of price point.
                We may disagree on Guinness, but this we do agree on.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

First, background: I drink whiskey-diets in the winter (a warm drink). I drink vodka-tonics in the summer (a clear, lighter drink).

What are the proper dates to transition back and forth?
                  The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                    First, background: I drink whiskey-diets in the winter (a warm drink). I drink vodka-tonics in the summer (a clear, lighter drink).

Whenever you feel like it. And that's not a smart *** answer. If you feel like it's warm enough to break out the vodka, go for it. Feel a bit of a nip in the air, Ahhh... Whiskey.

Otherwise, you could follow the unofficial dates of summer - Memorial Day to Labor Day and adjust as needed.
                    I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Stop drinking whiskey on about June 29th, go back to whiskey on about July 5th.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

It's similar to dark/light beers. Go with the temps/seasons. However, I drink whatever the hell I want whenever the hell I want. I do TEND to drink the lighter drinks, slow transition, as it gets warmer. as for whiskey, I am a "beast of bourbon." Even have the shirt to prove it.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Sounds about right.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

You have far more willpower than I do
                            "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
                            Groucho Marx
                            "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
                            Ron White
                            "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
                            Milo Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by busterman62 View Post
                              You have far more willpower than I do
                              He stuck to beer and rum during the hiatus.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                                He stuck to beer and rum during the hiatus.
                                Well, that was the premise of the question, right? We're not stopping drinking here, we're just switching to vodka in the summer. (not something I'd recommend, but to each their own)

Personally, I drink mostly beer now. Still like whiskey, specifically single malts, but keep that to special occasions, mostly. On vacation I'll spread my wings a bit, drank plenty of rum in the Keys, as it seemed appropriate. Rum is great on a warm day, IMO. I'd prefer it over the proposed vodka.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X