Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EMERGENCY - I'm drinking and the old drinking thread is closed!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: EMERGENCY - I'm drinking and the old drinking thread is closed!

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    I'll see you there!
    Between my sister and I we ended up with 4 extra tickets, 2 of which are spoken for. MNS should make a trip back that weekend.
    Originally posted by Twitch Boy
    Like the sign out front says, "the price of freedom is visible here."

Comment

Originally posted by Painted_Bandit View Post
      Between my sister and I we ended up with 4 extra tickets, 2 of which are spoken for. MNS should make a trip back that weekend.
      Viking (GPL) has my ticket. Such a great time. Last year's was my first beer fest ever, so now I know what to expect.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        Viking (GPL) has my ticket. Such a great time. Last year's was my first beer fest ever, so now I know what to expect.
        I plan on drinking a lot of tasty beer

Comment

I plan on drinking a lot of tasty beer
          I did last year, but did watch my intake a little, as it is a marathon. Probably held back on the cautious side, honestly. I just hope the Hot Indian Food food truck is there again. Tasty!
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

What weekend?
            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
            Originally posted by Quizmire
            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
              What weekend?
              September 19th

Comment

September 19th
                I will see what I can do...
                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                Originally posted by Quizmire
                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Had a summer high school hockey barbeque tonight and then had a few dads over for some rum on the deck.

Did some Matusalem 18, Zafra 21 and Pussers 15.

Was fun to have over some peeps that are rum enthusiasts. Usually I'm drinking this stuff alone.

Got compliments on the night's selections.

Comment

Think American beer sucks? There may be a reason... http://www.theatlantic.com/business/...watery/400427/

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      Think American beer sucks? There may be a reason... http://www.theatlantic.com/business/...watery/400427/
                      American beer absolutely does not suck. American Macrobrew beer does suck. Big difference.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

So speaking of emergencies.

Apparently the only bourbon I have in my house is Maker's Mark.

****. I thought for sure I had a WRDO here somewhere.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          So speaking of emergencies.

Apparently the only bourbon I have in my house is Maker's Mark.

****. I thought for sure I had a WRDO here somewhere.
                          Boy, THAT'S a buzzkill.

Really wanted a Lime-O-Rita tonight, given the weather. The store I stopped at was actually sold out of it. They had the variants, but no thank you. Settled for Angry Orchard Summer Honey Cider. It did quench my thirst for a crisp summery drink, but still....haven't had a Lime-O-Rita yet this summer, and this is the perfect weekend to have one.

Comment

Yeah I'm not happy.

A WRDO would have gone great after that Bigfoot Barrel-Aged. Which, for the record, was incredible. It was almost certainly better than Surly 8. And those who know me personally know how much I love Surly 8.
                            Code:
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              Yeah I'm not happy.

A WRDO would have gone great after that Bigfoot Barrel-Aged. Which, for the record, was incredible. It was almost certainly better than Surly 8. And those who know me personally know how much I love Surly 8.
                              I can understand your disappointment, but it's not like you were left with some crappy bourbon. Just sayin'.

Comment

For the layman, MM is fairly good. At a bar it's often the best they have.

I just can put it in the top third of bourbons. Among the massive and relatively inexpensive brands, it's fairly good.

It's a fantastic Old Fashioined bourbon. Perhaps the best ever.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X