Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EMERGENCY - I'm drinking and the old drinking thread is closed!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: EMERGENCY - I'm drinking and the old drinking thread is closed!

Round Barn Brewery Indecision Ale. It's good.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Big night with Real McCoy 12 and El Dorado 8 with Coke and then Plantation XO 20 & Dictador 20, both neat to celebrate the Hawks drubbing of the Ducks.

Comment

Hung out with MNS tonight at a bar, and they had two beers I have had regular versions of, but these were on nitro. The Atwater Decadent (even better on nitro!) and Breckenridge Vanilla Porter (same thing!). Finished with the reliable Old Rasputin.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Bad-ss American Lager. It tastes just like Bud Light, which means it's expensive bottled fizzy water. Will not buy again.
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

I was able to score five bottles of this double IPA considered to be the holy grail of that beer style.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/23222/93219/

It was good, but I actually prefer this one which is also more readily available.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/73/90156/

Prosit!
            WISCONSIN HOCKEY: I invoke the power of sauerbraten FF-2006 Milwaukee!

Comment

Apparently Modelo Especial has been the gold standard of beer (tv ad). I was not aware.
              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

After hockey on Saturday, I showed up to the bar and the guys already there had a couple pitchers on the table. The choices were Coors Light and Surly (Furious, I think). My first beer in over 16 months was not going to be a Coors Light. Furious was as hoppy as I remember, but it did taste better than I remembered. I think having reduced my sugar intake certainly accounted for that.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by fritz View Post
                  I was able to score five bottles of this double IPA considered to be the holy grail of that beer style.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/23222/93219/

It was good, but I actually prefer this one which is also more readily available.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/73/90156/

Prosit!
                  Chillwave is great. I just moved to Cleveland so now there are two good things in the city
                  In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                  I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Paging Gurt, paging Gurt:

New Holland is releasing a rum. Yes, they are a brewery, but have started making spirits. Their beer barrel bourbon (yes, bourbon aged in beer barrels) is quite good. I think they make a tequila, too, but no way will I try that.

Those usually go for about $30-35, so I expect the rum to be the same. Would be very interested in if you try it, and what you think.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      Paging Gurt, paging Gurt:

New Holland is releasing a rum. Yes, they are a brewery, but have started making spirits. Their beer barrel bourbon (yes, bourbon aged in beer barrels) is quite good. I think they make a tequila, too, but no way will I try that.

Those usually go for about $30-35, so I expect the rum to be the same. Would be very interested in if you try it, and what you think.

I appreciate the heads up.

I will say though that it's unlikely that I'd take a flyer on it as pretty much all of the micro-distillery rums that I've tried have been lacking.

Even as mixers, they've been weak.

If I see it in a bar and can try it that way...

In other news, Surly is now going to be distributed in Wisconsin. Doesn't matter to me as I rarely drink beer anymore, but some here may be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                        I appreciate the heads up.

I will say though that it's unlikely that I'd take a flyer on it as pretty much all of the micro-distillery rums that I've tried have been lacking.

Even as mixers, they've been weak.

If I see it in a bar and can try it that way...

In other news, Surly is now going to be distributed in Wisconsin. Doesn't matter to me as I rarely drink beer anymore, but some here may be happy.
                        I haven't seen NH spirits in bars around here. I just took a chance on the bourbon due to their beer reputation, and was pleasantly surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                          Found it at Total Wine Roseville. Thanks for the suggestion! If anyone else is interested (Brent), they had about 5 bottles left.

Did you sample it yet?

Thoughts?

I picked up a reserve bottle and it's obvious that they released a new batch as most decent stores here now have a case.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                            Did you sample it yet?

Thoughts?

I picked up a reserve bottle and it's obvious that they released a new batch as most decent stores here now have a case.
                            I tried it. Liked it quite a bit. Pretty good stuff.
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Odell Imperial Peach IPA. I dislike IPAs quite a bit. Off the top of my head, I like maybe 3-4. This one is delicious.

Comment

Last night, I had Bell's Two Hearted Ale and Arbor Brewing's Michael Fairicy Nitro Irish Stout. In terms of nitro beers, I think I prefer Left Hand's Nitro Milk Stout to what I had last night.

And I picked up Tri-City Brewing's Imperial Stout today, putting that with the Dirty B-stard in the fridge. That should keep my dad out of my beer.

Comment

Working...
                                X