Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EMERGENCY - I'm drinking and the old drinking thread is closed!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: EMERGENCY - I'm drinking and the old drinking thread is closed!

On Friday I went looking for a Buffalo Sweat Vanilla Bean, but they didn't have any in the store. Time was short, so I just found something else. I ended up seeing Not Your Father's Root Beer by Small Town Brewery. It's an ale, 5.9% ABV, very sweet. Tasty stuff, tastes like a spiked root beer. I will say that if you're going to have one, have only one at a time because of the sweetness.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      On Friday I went looking for a Buffalo Sweat Vanilla Bean, but they didn't have any in the store. Time was short, so I just found something else. I ended up seeing Not Your Father's Root Beer by Small Town Brewery. It's an ale, 5.9% ABV, very sweet. Tasty stuff, tastes like a spiked root beer. I will say that if you're going to have one, have only one at a time because of the sweetness.
      The Vanilla Bean is seasonal, and usually sells out quickly. Have heard good things about that spiked root beer. If you like that, try Sprecher's Hard Root Beer. It's really dangerous as it tastes EXACTLY LIKE THEIR NORMAL ROOT BEER, which I only put behind 1919.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        The Vanilla Bean is seasonal, and usually sells out quickly. Have heard good things about that spiked root beer. If you like that, try Sprecher's Hard Root Beer. It's really dangerous as it tastes EXACTLY LIKE THEIR NORMAL ROOT BEER, which I only put behind 1919.
        Sprecher's has a HARD Root Beer? I must try that!
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          That's disappointing the Vanilla Bean is seasonal. I've had it once and was really impressed, and I like regular Buffalo Sweat quite a bit. The one thing with Buffalo Sweat, however, is that you have to give it a few minutes to sit before drinking it. For whatever reason, it tastes better after giving it the time. I hear wines are like that, but I'm not a wine drinker.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            That's disappointing the Vanilla Bean is seasonal. I've had it once and was really impressed, and I like regular Buffalo Sweat quite a bit. The one thing with Buffalo Sweat, however, is that you have to give it a few minutes to sit before drinking it. For whatever reason, it tastes better after giving it the time. I hear wines are like that, but I'm not a wine drinker.
            Lots of beers are made for "sitting" or sipping (for the darker beers, anway). A good strong, dark beer (let's just say a bomber of Dragon's Milk) will take me 60-90 minutes to drink. The taste changes as it warms closer to room temp, and it still is delicious. And yeah, it does stink about the VB. The first year, there was a shortage, as Buffalo Sweat severely underestimated how well the VB would sell. They've fixed it now, but still seasonal.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Tri-City Brewing Company Giant Slayer Russian Imperial Stout. Very good sipping beer.
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Founders Dirty Bastard. My "reliable" beer.

Comment

Wait for backwoods bastard to come out.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    That means I have to wait until November.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      I love Dirty Bastard, and it's scary to think that might not even be in their top 5 offerings (excluding KBS because of the rarity).

Comment

Their Devil Dancer is really **** tasty.
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Off the top of my head, the regular (or semi-regular) offerings of Founders:

Backwoods Bastard
                          Old Curmudgeon
                          Blushing Monk (it's more common than you think)
                          Breakfast Stout
                          Rubaeus

Edit: no particular order

Comment

Ended up buying a bottle of rum for the bar finally. Zaya 12 year old, from Trinidad and Tobago. Don't know if it supposed to be a good rum or not, but I'm tasting it for the first time tonight, and I like it, so...mission accomplished.
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I can't recall if it was brought up, but since there was New Glarus talk a few pages back: I was starting to notice I hadn't seen Fat Squirrel in the stores for a while, and sure enough it's been "discontinued ". Presumably just long enough to make a McRib-like comeback, but that's what I thought they'd do with Edel Pils. I swear, NG just hates it when people enjoy their really good beer.

Meanwhile, tonight featured: Central Waters' Mudpuppy Porter, J Walker Black on the giant singular rock, a sidecar (Korbel and Grand Marnier) and a brandy old fashioned with a mix of Korbel and Door County Distillery 's Apple Brandy.
                              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                                In other news, Surly is now going to be distributed in Wisconsin. Doesn't matter to me as I rarely drink beer anymore, but some here may be happy.
                                I've seen Surly events at the liquor store. The place I went on Friday night had it as well (only the Furious).

Comment

Working...
                                X