Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EMERGENCY - I'm drinking and the old drinking thread is closed!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: EMERGENCY - I'm drinking and the old drinking thread is closed!

Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Here's your Irish Emergency Room

http://irisharound.com/inflatable-irish-pub/
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Went to an Indian restaurant last night, and had my first tastes of Indian beer.

They were both lagers.

Taj Mahal was a bit darker and tasted just fine, Kingfisher was a delightful surprise, tasted much better than I expected.
        "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Went to the Minnesota wine and food festival today. Learned a lot about what I like after getting castigated for only drinking cabernets for the first half hour.

The Binterra pinot noir was outstanding. Ended up splitting a case with my roommate of Silicum Toscana Rosso. It was really **** good, but a bit pricey. Special occasion wine I guess.

The food was outstanding. A little "meh" at times but the cheeses and a few of the vendors more than made up for it.

The craft distilleries there were really on point. Look Liquors was the most outstanding I thought. Their gin was killer while their "Loonshine" was amazing for its format.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Went to New Bohemia's Big Bad Beer Fest today. Basically, if it wasn't 10%, GTFO. The flights were way overpriced, but single glasses were sort of reasonable. Worth it if you hadn't had the beers. Not a madhouse, either. No line until 15 minutes before opening (for reference, the Surly total takeover = a block long line 45 minutes before opening). I'd say worth it overall.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              Went to New Bohemia's Big Bad Beer Fest today. Basically, if it wasn't 10%, GTFO. The flights were way overpriced, but single glasses were sort of reasonable. Worth it if you hadn't had the beers. Not a madhouse, either. No line until 15 minutes before opening (for reference, the Surly total takeover = a block long line 45 minutes before opening). I'd say worth it overall.
              My nephew had his wedding reception at Surly, good kid!
              YALE HOCKEY
              2013 National Champions

Comment

Founders Imperial Stout. For being 10.5% ABV, this was really smooth. Unfortunately, two is my limit.

Bell's Consecrator Doppelbock Lager. 8%, and is one of my favorite lagers.
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Went to New Holland Brewing Pub on 8th tonight. Had there Lost Dune, which was with blueberries and coriander, and Black Tulip, a Belgian-style Tripel. Didn't care for the Lost Dune, but the Black Tulip was excellent.
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

had some bad luck beers last night. Switched to wine tonight with much better results. Tried my first Chilean Cabernet. Very interesting and tasty.
                    Code:
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

So Oberon is now available, but I'm not too excited about it this year.

What I am excited about is Founders KBS week next week, and New Holland releasing Dragon's Milk Mexican Spice Cake.

Comment

Dogfish Head has hit this market. However, it is expensive. $13-14. No thank you, will not take chances on that (didn't see any I have had before).
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          had some bad luck beers last night. Switched to wine tonight with much better results. Tried my first Chilean Cabernet. Very interesting and tasty.
                          I've had some goodies tonight.

BA Bible Belt was amazing
                          Bank's sours are on point
                          Now having a delightful dunkel from a virtually unknown and awesome brewery in eastern WI
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                            I've had some goodies tonight.

BA Bible Belt was amazing
                            Bank's sours are on point
                            Now having a delightful dunkel from a virtually unknown and awesome brewery in eastern WI
                            Wicked Wort's dunkel is outstanding, btw.

Comment

Dunkels are gross.

The beer lover in me wishes wines were sold in 12 oz bottles. I could sample more that way.
                              Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                Dunkels are gross.

The beer lover in me wishes wines were sold in 12 oz bottles. I could sample more that way.
                                More for me, then.

And yes, I agree, even as a non-wine drinker....why doesn't wine expand their offerings?

Comment

Working...
                                X