Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EMERGENCY - I'm drinking and the old drinking thread is closed!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMERGENCY - I'm drinking and the old drinking thread is closed!

I've singled out a few bottles of rum from the collection for termination as I have WAY too many bottles and some are just really nice mixers and how many really nice mixers does one need?

Tonight (and last night) I killed my bottle of Plantation Old Reserve 2000 - Jamaica.

It's a $40 bottle that isn't to my liking neat, but makes a REALLY nice rum and Coke.

I have several other rums that are just as good (in that capacity) though and are less expensive. Can't justify a $40 bottle of rum for mixing.

I won't be restocking it.

Next dead man walking is my Don Pancho Origenes 8.

Re: EMERGENCY - I'm drinking and the old drinking thread is closed!

Re-tried the Surly Hell. I'd drink it again. Also had Sierra Nevada Coffee Stout. Not bad, but definitely not impressed.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Had my first Surly Abrasive tonight and I'm a big fan!

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeypuck View Post
        Had my first Surly Abrasive tonight and I'm a big fan!
        My condolences. Had one sip, and said "ALLTHENOPES!"
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

The resort we're staying at in St. Lucia has a "rum tasting" event every Sunday from 2-4 on the beach.

Pops and I are planning on going. Will be interesting to see if they have things that I haven't tried.

Hopefully, but if not, I plan on just enjoying the afternoon and NOT being a snob.

Comment

Got my hands on some abrasive. It tastes and smells like soap. But I still like it.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              Re-tried the Surly Hell. I'd drink it again. Also had Sierra Nevada Coffee Stout. Not bad, but definitely not impressed.
              I wasn't that impressed with the Sierra Nevada Coffee Stout. It isn't bad, but there are too many other better beers out there to drink it again on purpose. I think Hell is the only regular Surly that I haven't tried yet.

I've had several Abrasives so far, only 1 left in my 4 pack. I like it quite a bit. Definitely a very good double IPA.

edit: speaking of double IPAs, I really like Molotov Lite. That's a tasty beer.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

My department does a monthly happy hour that goes out to 45 people with a new location each month. By May I will absolutely be done losing weight and beer will be back on the table. Happily, May is also the month we're scheduled to go to the Surly Brew Pub. While I'm not generally a hoppy beer guy, I might have new tastes now. This will be a good test of that idea.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  My department does a monthly happy hour that goes out to 45 people with a new location each month. By May I will absolutely be done losing weight and beer will be back on the table. Happily, May is also the month we're scheduled to go to the Surly Brew Pub. While I'm not generally a hoppy beer guy, I might have new tastes now. This will be a good test of that idea.
                  Hell is NOT hoppy. The Bender is about their limit to my tastes for hops. The Coffee Bender is a'ight.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    Hell is NOT hoppy. The Bender is about their limit to my tastes for hops. The Coffee Bender is a'ight.
                    If you ever get a chance to try the Cacao Bender, do it. Think Coffee Bender, but chocolate instead of coffee. It is excellent. Not much hops come through, on that one either. I think Cacao Bender is very limited availability in kegs, and not canned. I happened across it at a restaurant that happened to have it on tap.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

A few of these might be found in this thread. Just saying...

https://www.yahoo.com/food/the-19-ty...896742331.html
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                        A few of these might be found in this thread. Just saying...

So freaking spot on.

LOL!

Comment

Yeah, I'll admit, I'm a beer snob.

A few of those fit....

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                            Yeah, I'll admit, I'm a beer snob.

A few of those fit....
                            I was thinking more than a few fit for me. But at least I can take the joke (unlike some comments on the site)
                            In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                            I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Out of those, I'm a Captain Ahab.

I'll trade, but only my extras, because I will actually drink my rarer beers at some point.

Comment

Working...
                              X